collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Woody17
[Today at 12:34:13 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Leicester Post Match Thread  (Read 29252 times)

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
Re: Aston Villa v Leicester Post Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2019, 04:20:54 PM »

Would you mind elaborating?

Seemed pretty clear to me, but i'll simplify it, it would be fucking stupid to do an interview like that.

Spending 100m+, pissing points away and being safe by goal differential is pretty fucking stupid also..

Stupid individual errors are costing us.

Even today we had plenty of decent attacking opportunities.

I'm again very disappointed but you have to allow for the fact this is a very inexperienced team.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2019, 04:21:01 PM »
Very poor today but they are an excellent team. DS got his selection wrong though as Guilbert should have started, as should Engels.
As fans we were crap also though, atmosphere was terrible.

Agreed, I've never heard a packed VP so quiet. We were poor. Leicester fans wind-up merchants, but credit to them for singing all game long.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2019, 04:21:11 PM »

Seemed pretty clear to me, but i'll simplify it, it would be fucking stupid to do an interview like that.

Spending 100m+, pissing points away and being safe by goal differential is pretty fucking stupid also..

And yet nowhere near as fucking stupid as the interview you want.

Offline wince

« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2019, 04:21:19 PM »
Can everyone take stock before conceding relegation in early December. We've been soundly beaten by one of the best sides in the country if not Europe at the moment.

Had a really bad run of fixtures, and if anyone thinks we WEREN'T going to be in a relegation battle after coming up through the playoffs, you're having yourself on. We've looked good in all but one of the games against teams we are ACTUALLY competing with this season.

That doesn't mean there haven't been poor mistakes from players and management today - but can we get a bit realistic
Sorry mate, but this is blind optimism. We’ve played almost all of the other sides in the league, spent the GDP of a small country, and are hovering around the bottom three.
I’d be optimistic and a little more patience if I could see at least small improvements in performance, team selection and subs, but frankly, we’re not. If anything we’re going backwards.
Being plucky underdogs will not keep us up. Smith and the players need a rocket. And fast.
We held our own against the best team in Europe. Today we capitulated. The worry is we only have 10 mins of decent play where we press just like the lambert years and it either means we score then bottle it or burn ourselves out. Yes Leicester are a quality side but we completely undermine ourselves and I’m losing patience. It isn’t about unrealistic expectations but we get a point at Man U then lose to a below par Chelsea and don’t turn up today. I don’t know if we will be relegated but the team need to sort it out, Wesley needs dropping as to be honest having no forwards would offer more than he does.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2019, 04:22:13 PM »

Stupid individual errors are costing us.

Even today we had plenty of decent attacking opportunities.

I'm again very disappointed but you have to allow for the fact this is a very inexperienced team.

Can you call them "opportunities" really? We had 1 shot on goal. At home. We were shit, mate.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2019, 04:22:30 PM »

And yet nowhere near as fucking stupid as the interview you want.

What are you scared of?

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2019, 04:23:23 PM »
For me they were comfortably the best side we've faced this season. Add in that we made a load of stupid mistakes, had a number of players below par and we're probably lucky it was only 4.

We've been saying the same thing all season. At Spurs stupid mistakes let them back in the game late which we ended up losing. Against Bournemouth stupid mistakes gifted 2 goals and we lost that. In every game we have lost stupid mistakes have cost us. Even in the win vs Norwich a stupid mistake cost as goal. The question is why are we still making stupid mistakes week after week? Why has a manager like Steve Bruce, who we all saw hardly has an amazing team managed to do what is needed to climb to a very solid mid table position. Or Chris Wilder not having spent much at all over the last few seasons got his promoted side to a very solid top half position. This comes down to the manager, who is revealiong himself to be both naive and dare I say it arrogant in his unwillingness to adapt. His stubborness to continue to persevere with a CF who is struggling is mind boggling. If it's not working try something else. Change things up. This is not going to end well for Dean Smith because new contract or not if we start to get detached from the mid table postions then he'll be gone.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2019, 04:24:25 PM »
Why the fuck would I be scared of an interview. If they decide he's not the man for the job then they should sack him, i'm just not needy enough to demand an interview saying that.

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2019, 04:24:32 PM »
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

We need a change of striker - it may undermine Wesley's confidence (that's DS's job to handle), but repeatedly playing him is undermining the whole team.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2019, 04:25:20 PM »
Don’t blame Wesley for being crap at the moment.

Blame the board for thinking they could get away with this forward line in the transfer window.

Unforgivable.

Saying that, I’d drop him for Trez as a forward. All this big centre forward holding up balls stuff is so old.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2019, 04:25:23 PM »
For me they were comfortably the best side we've faced this season. Add in that we made a load of stupid mistakes, had a number of players below par and we're probably lucky it was only 4.

We've been saying the same thing all season. At Spurs stupid mistakes let them back in the game late which we ended up losing. Against Bournemouth stupid mistakes gifted 2 goals and we lost that. In every game we have lost stupid mistakes have cost us. Even in the win vs Norwich a stupid mistake cost as goal. The question is why are we still making stupid mistakes week after week? Why has a manager like Steve Bruce, who we all saw hardly has an amazing team managed to do what is needed to climb to a very solid mid table position. Or Chris Wilder not having spent much at all over the last few seasons got his promoted side to a very solid top half position. This comes down to the manager, who is revealiong himself to be both naive and dare I say it arrogant in his unwillingness to adapt. His stubborness to continue to persevere with a CF who is struggling is mind boggling. If it's not working try something else. Change things up. This is not going to end well for Dean Smith because new contract or not if we start to get detached from the mid table postions then he'll be gone.

Don't forget Palace, Arsenal and Wolves.. just unacceptable.

Offline Loxton01

« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2019, 04:25:27 PM »
Well that was tough to watch. We tried to match a much much better team and they murdered us.

We are far far too open and far far too naive. First time we have been hammered first time the heads dropped and first time this season I am genuinely concerned.

Root cause is we concede far too many goals and at the other end we have a striker who isn’t anywhere near good enough at this level

I would suggest by New Year’s Day we will know whether we are able to stay just above the drop zone or whether we are deep into a relegation battle

Dean Smith has to take stock and learn and learn fast. We cannot keep gifting silly goals away. The mings situation was very very poor management and smelt of player power

Tough day and we have to come out fighting otherwise we are heading into real trouble

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2019, 04:25:34 PM »

He hasn't got another striker. Kodjia is no good post-injury. Let's see what we look like in February.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2019, 04:27:26 PM »
Why the fuck would I be scared of an interview. If they decide he's not the man for the job then they should sack him, i'm just not needy enough to demand an interview saying that.

Management has to improve, on field production has to improve.. that's the CEOs job, to make sure that's happening.

If you want to stay in this league people have to be held accountable. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors and an interview would provide some insight into that.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2019, 04:27:30 PM »
Don’t blame Wesley for being crap at the moment.

Blame the board for thinking they could get away with this forward line in the transfer window.

Unforgivable.

Saying that, I’d drop him for Trez as a forward. All this big centre forward holding up balls stuff is so old.

We'd all like another striker but think what spoilt fuckers we sound blaming the board after the amount they have spent saving this club from the total mess it was in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal