collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chelsea v Aston Villa pre-match thread  (Read 11155 times)

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
Re: Chelsea v Aston Villa pre-match thread
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2019, 09:05:47 AM »
Can we have the other interview where John Terry gets asked about Dean’s career prospects for 4 minutes?

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2019, 09:07:35 AM »
I’m shit at betting, which is why I don’t usually do it. Surprised at the draw being 5-1. Might be worth a look? It must be difficult for the bookies this season with so many changes in managers and squads. I’ll admit I haven’t paid much attention to the premiership in the time we were down, but seems a few more topsy turvy results than I remember used to happen. Just my perception (as usual) and not based on any kind of stat research. Take Man City and Liverpool out of the reckoning and its as if any side can beat any of the other sides in the league if they are on it that day. The league seems more competitive than a few years back.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2019, 09:52:37 AM »
I haven't really seen that much of Chelsea this season but I don't think a big win against one of the top few sides is too far away. If we go their with the same belief we did on Sunday, then who knows.
And we tend to be better under flood-lights.

#graspingatstraws
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 09:55:13 AM by maidstonevillain »

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2019, 10:35:51 AM »
I’m shit at betting, which is why I don’t usually do it. Surprised at the draw being 5-1. Might be worth a look? It must be difficult for the bookies this season with so many changes in managers and squads. I’ll admit I haven’t paid much attention to the premiership in the time we were down, but seems a few more topsy turvy results than I remember used to happen. Just my perception (as usual) and not based on any kind of stat research. Take Man City and Liverpool out of the reckoning and its as if any side can beat any of the other sides in the league if they are on it that day. The league seems more competitive than a few years back.

Competitive definitely as United, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea have fallen back to the pack. A long way in the case of the first two. The quality of the division as a whole is poor though. Norwich without investing are still competitive which really shouldn't be the case. Leeds and West Brom, from what I've seen would easily hold their own this season in the top division. Little difference between bottom 6 of the premier and top 6 of championship.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2019, 11:14:15 AM »
I don't think the trial period is free any more.

Ive just got it - the picture is a bit red button but you get replays :)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2019, 11:17:29 AM »
I'm sure the usual streams will be available.  Look up Footystreams on twitter.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2019, 11:19:41 AM »
If Tammy is out I fancy a draw, otherwise I think they'll win.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2019, 11:19:45 AM »
Palace are fifth after two wins. Two games before this they were all moaning. Just shows how crazy this  league is.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2019, 11:20:51 AM »
Chelsea have impressed me this season but I still think we can get something out of this game.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2019, 11:24:21 AM »
Well it shows how crazy Palace fans are if they were moaning about not picking up much from the 5 game run of Man City, Arsenal, Leicester, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2019, 11:38:44 AM »

Competitive definitely as United, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea have fallen back to the pack. A long way in the case of the first two. The quality of the division as a whole is poor though. Norwich without investing are still competitive which really shouldn't be the case. Leeds and West Brom, from what I've seen would easily hold their own this season in the top division. Little difference between bottom 6 of the premier and top 6 of championship.
as I recall, the majority of moaning about the PL used to be about the lack of competition and the stitch up by the ‘sky 4’. To me it seems the 4 have become 2 and I wouldn’t necessarily agree that the overall quality has deteriorated that much. But you may have a point. I’m just enjoying being back in this league again. VAR aside, it’s a good time to be back and mixing it with the best sides. I reckon the owners are fairly happy with how things are going also, with Deano getting his new deal. Don’t know the details of it, but think he’s probably earned it.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2019, 12:05:41 PM »
How much does it cost to park your car behind the goal at Stamford Bridge  and are you allowed to stay in the car?

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2019, 12:17:44 PM »
Do you really have to bring irrelevant politics into this thread?

I just wanted to join in the dig at the BBC. 😥

Sorry.

Corbyn deserves to be in a irrelevant politics thread.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2019, 12:44:31 PM »
How much does it cost to park your car behind the goal at Stamford Bridge  and are you allowed to stay in the car?
first time I went to SB was as a student around ‘92. My mate had got us stewarding jobs (we thought). We thought they were playing Liverpool in the league cup (turned out be fkn Swindon). Anyway we rang the guy from a pay phone as instructed, but couldn’t get hold of him. As we we were there early and the gates were open, we thought fk it, let’s go in and watch the match. Remember being amazed at all the little blue cars parked behind the goal opposite the shed, in front of a crumbling, terrace overgrown with weeds.

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2019, 12:53:07 PM »
We go 1 up in the first half. Chelsea pull one back and it's all equal at the break. Two inspired substitutions from Dean at the ¾ mark and Wesley puts us ahead on 84 minutes. Dean brings on Kodjia and we see the game out. 3 points.
I love the French tradition of indulging in a little brandy before breakfast.

I'd rather have Hourihane upfront - Wesley is that bad
And no, I havent been drinking  ;D
NO HE ISN'T

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal