collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Purslow on Talksport  (Read 13110 times)

Online Demitri_C

Re: Purslow on Talksport
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2021, 10:15:58 PM »
Stride fox wyness hollis

We have had some right useless clowns

Purslow been better than the lot of them

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2021, 10:18:40 PM »
Stride fox wyness hollis

You can’t put Steve Stride in the clown list. He was a loyal servant to the club for years.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2021, 10:19:02 PM »
Stride fox wyness hollis

It’s very harsh to include Steve Stride in that list, he was a Villa man to the core and was respected throughout the game.

Offline Clive W

« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2021, 10:21:52 PM »
Stride fox wyness hollis

You can’t put Steve Stride in the clown list. He was a loyal servant to the club for years.

Correct - Steve Stride does not belong in that list

He was acknowledged as one of the best administrators in football

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2021, 10:28:25 PM »
Stride fox wyness hollis

Correct - Steve Stride does not belong in that list

He was acknowledged as one of the best administrators in football

Stride doesn’t belong on that list, agree with the rest tho

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2021, 10:30:03 PM »
And Hollis found us a buyer.  Okay he wasn’t a very good buyer but his subsequent near bankruptcy lead to our current owners so respect’.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2021, 10:34:32 PM »
Steve Stride was a very good administrator. He’d certainly warrant inclusion in our current set up, no doubt about it.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2021, 10:35:47 PM »
Wasn't Mark Ansell the CEO in those times when Stride was here? Or was that even Ellis himself? Stride had good contacts in the game, only disappointment was he voted for Wimbledon to move to Milton Keynes, think that was after he left us.

In recent times Paul Faulkner was someone way overpromoted and think that's seen by what Purslow acts. Hopefully he's in CEO role for a few more years yet.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2021, 10:59:10 PM »
I liked the bit when he said that Jack wanted CL football “now”. Rather than in the future.

Yes I thought that too, our owners are definitely up for this aren’t they. We do seem to have a plan, now we need Smith to make it work.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2021, 11:13:08 PM »
Wasn't Mark Ansell the CEO in those times when Stride was here? Or was that even Ellis himself? Stride had good contacts in the game, only disappointment was he voted for Wimbledon to move to Milton Keynes, think that was after he left us.

In recent times Paul Faulkner was someone way overpromoted and think that's seen by what Purslow acts. Hopefully he's in CEO role for a few more years yet.

Ansell was finance director and probably on his way to becoming CEO until he resigned when Bruce Langham got the job (briefly). Stride was generally regarded as the best admin man in football, although he would admit himself that the public-facing aspect of the CEO's job wasn't for him. He was here when the Wimbledon decision was made, although he said later that they hadn't been given anything like the full facts and was just told that it was Milton Keynes or extinction. Faulkner was inexperienced and not helped by the fact that he looked about fourteen and had no other football experience around him.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2021, 11:15:48 PM »

Ansell was finance director and probably on his way to becoming CEO until he resigned when Bruce Langham got the job (briefly). Stride was generally regarded as the best admin man in football, although he would admit himself that the public-facing aspect of the CEO's job wasn't for him. He was here when the Wimbledon decision was made, although he said later that they hadn't been given anything like the full facts and was just told that it was Milton Keynes or extinction. Faulkner was inexperienced and not helped by the fact that he looked about fourteen and had no other football experience around him.

Faulkner also nicked my taxi that I’d booked after one game. The arse.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2021, 11:29:15 PM »
What i found interesting was how he didnt wish jack well at the end.
I thought that was well judged. Not all Villa supporters do wish him well, and whilst Purslow indicated that Grealish had in fact behaved honourably, to wish him well would have unnecessarily antagonised those that don’t.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2021, 11:53:43 PM »
Is it me or does the video by Purslow have a single remarkably coincidental glitch in the middle of Grea-lish which makes it 100% sound like Greed-lish? I can’t help but think a Villa fan in VillaTV has deliberately done that. I presume this has been discussed somewhere?

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2021, 12:05:02 AM »
Is it me or does the video by Purslow have a single remarkably coincidental glitch in the middle of Grea-lish which makes it 100% sound like Greed-lish? I can’t help but think a Villa fan in VillaTV has deliberately done that. I presume this has been discussed somewhere?

More likely the subtitles are added automatically, but it's not infallible and makes mistakes. Subtitling a video is a time-consuming job and so I suspect it was automated.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2021, 12:10:00 AM »

More likely the subtitles are added automatically, but it's not infallible and makes mistakes. Subtitling a video is a time-consuming job and so I suspect it was automated.

It’s not subtitles, it’s the audio. Right at the v start, 10 seconds in. Listen to it! (It might be one of those things that you hear what you are looking for, though I’m less the type for name calling / not sure I’d even come across that nick name. Don’t think this was £greed btw, drive/greed for success>loyalty sure)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal