collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 464846 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #3015 on: January 22, 2020, 08:33:47 PM »
Apologies if already posted but according to BBC website Eisiah Suliman has been sold to Vitoria Guimaraes. Fee not disclosed
Good luck to the kid. I hope he makes a decent living playing football.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3016 on: January 22, 2020, 08:38:32 PM »
No Mitrovich for Fulham tonight...........is he injured?

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #3017 on: January 22, 2020, 08:40:08 PM »
No Mitrovich for Fulham tonight...........is he injured?
Yes, heard it on the radio earlier.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #3018 on: January 22, 2020, 08:46:56 PM »
Konsa only just turned 22. For his age, I think he's been pretty impressive at times. Hause as a squad player I also think is decent. The balance of the 3 is good, but they have about 30 Premier league games between them. They need a bit of time to learn. In time I think they will all be decent Premier league players, but Villa have a habit of not giving players time to settle and improve. It's sometimes very easy to forget how young and inexperienced some of our squad is.

Offline nigel

« Reply #3019 on: January 22, 2020, 09:51:11 PM »
Unless Engels is reinstated,I think another CB should be a priority.Playing Guilbert and Targett suits them and makes the team more compact but Konsa especially is  a liability.

Last night Mings was more of liability at times.
3 or 4 times he held on to the ball too long that put the defence under pressure.

Come on Lee, you obviously saw the same game as me.
I think Mings is great, but, he shouldn't be exempt from criticism.
I'm at the back of the North Stand, the view is great.

There was another case where he had the ball, told Gilbert to make a run, which he did. Tyrone then made a crap pass the other way, Watford hoofed it into the gap left by Gilbert. It was Konsa that covered and made a tackle.
I thought he almost f*cked up when Deeney almost scored!

What? When?

Ha, I'm on the back row of the North Stand, top that!

It's funny I suppose how we see different things, I thought he was pretty much flawless last night, it was Konsa I thought was poor and to blame for their goal.

Made up for it though.

Lol
T3 one row from back

He certainly did, mate  ;D

Offline nigel

« Reply #3020 on: January 22, 2020, 09:54:26 PM »
Unless Engels is reinstated,I think another CB should be a priority.Playing Guilbert and Targett suits them and makes the team more compact but Konsa especially is  a liability.

Last night Mings was more of liability at times.
3 or 4 times he held on to the ball too long that put the defence under pressure.

Come on Lee, you obviously saw the same game as me.
I think Mings is great, but, he shouldn't be exempt from criticism.
I'm at the back of the North Stand, the view is great.

There was another case where he had the ball, told Gilbert to make a run, which he did. Tyrone then made a crap pass the other way, Watford hoofed it into the gap left by Gilbert. It was Konsa that covered and made a tackle.
I thought he almost f*cked up when Deeney almost scored!

What? When?

Ha, I'm on the back row of the North Stand, top that!

It's funny I suppose how we see different things, I thought he was pretty much flawless last night, it was Konsa I thought was poor and to blame for their goal.

Made up for it though.
Hause was awful

Thought Hause did some good stuff, one being, won the header that led to the winner.
He just seems to lack composure at times.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #3021 on: January 22, 2020, 09:57:33 PM »
Apologies if already posted but according to BBC website Eisiah Suliman has been sold to Vitoria Guimaraes. Fee not disclosed

Bloody hell was he still here? How old is he now?

I don’t know but I think he was due a testimonial.

We never did play Guilbert and Sulliman in the same team :-(

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #3022 on: January 22, 2020, 10:07:01 PM »
Clever one Mossman :)

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #3023 on: January 22, 2020, 10:09:17 PM »
So where is this other striker then please ?

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #3024 on: January 22, 2020, 10:19:48 PM »
Clever one Mossman :)

I’m shamelessly recycling that because it’s the only clever thing I’ve ever posted 😃

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #3025 on: January 22, 2020, 11:17:31 PM »
Targett played well last night, but that left side still concerns me with him and Neil Taylor.

If we were able to do a loan deal for cover either there (or possibly shunt Guilbert to LB and get a right sided full-back in, depending on availability) I'd be more confident about our options there.

Would still like N'Zonzi and another forward or wide player, but I can't see three arrivals between now and the end of Jan.

Have to agree.  I thought the delivery from both wing backs was poor last night and neither of them are the athletic, driving type of player we need in that position.  In the modern game you need players who can can almost cover one flank of the pitch on their own and I don't think either Guilbert or Targett can. 

That said, I think those positions are way down the lust of priorities in this window, 

I think you're completely wrong on Guilbert, I think he could be superb as that.

I honestly don't Paul.  He probably does have the athleticism, but I just don't think he is good enough on the ball and his crossing was really poor last night (he wasn't alone in that I do have to add). 

He turned backwards almost every time he had the ball last night and I think to be really effective in that position, you have to have the ability to beat players and create space for yourself. 

Ideally, you want to the leave the flanks open for wing-backs, allowing more advanced to find pocketed of space inside.  I think with the two wing-backs we do have though, we need players in wide areas in front of them to give those options.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3026 on: January 22, 2020, 11:42:37 PM »
Targett played well last night, but that left side still concerns me with him and Neil Taylor.

If we were able to do a loan deal for cover either there (or possibly shunt Guilbert to LB and get a right sided full-back in, depending on availability) I'd be more confident about our options there.

Would still like N'Zonzi and another forward or wide player, but I can't see three arrivals between now and the end of Jan.

Have to agree.  I thought the delivery from both wing backs was poor last night and neither of them are the athletic, driving type of player we need in that position.  In the modern game you need players who can can almost cover one flank of the pitch on their own and I don't think either Guilbert or Targett can. 

That said, I think those positions are way down the lust of priorities in this window, 

I think you're completely wrong on Guilbert, I think he could be superb as that.

I honestly don't Paul.  He probably does have the athleticism, but I just don't think he is good enough on the ball and his crossing was really poor last night (he wasn't alone in that I do have to add). 

He turned backwards almost every time he had the ball last night and I think to be really effective in that position, you have to have the ability to beat players and create space for yourself. 

Ideally, you want to the leave the flanks open for wing-backs, allowing more advanced to find pocketed of space inside.  I think with the two wing-backs we do have though, we need players in wide areas in front of them to give those options.

but throughout the season he has beaten men and put some very good crosses in and I don't believe he'd played wing-back before until this month so he needs the time to adapt, he's a much better player than you're giving him credit for though.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3027 on: January 23, 2020, 12:06:39 AM »
Has he assisted much? Did well to creep in at the back stick for his goal at Leicester but I don't think we've seen enough of Guilbert as an attacking force.

The only game I've seen in the flesh this season, VP against Southampton, our wide men were forever delivering flat crosses from thirty yards out which were meat and drink to defend against whereas Saints wingers/full backs consistently got to the byline, skinning one or two of our lads  and getting balls in and around the six yard box. The only player we have capable of doing that is Grealish.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #3028 on: January 23, 2020, 12:25:19 AM »

but throughout the season he has beaten men and put some very good crosses in and I don't believe he'd played wing-back before until this month so he needs the time to adapt, he's a much better player than you're giving him credit for though.

Have to agree to disagree on the final line, as I've not been convinced by him this season Paul.  As others have said though, our short-term priorities for strengthening lie elsewhere. 

Online robleflaneur

« Reply #3029 on: January 23, 2020, 01:13:07 AM »

For me Guilbert is one of our better players and his crossing is very good.You don't need wide players in front of wing backs .Football is about making diagonal runs and attacking space.Man City ,who don't play 3 at the back ,are the best team in the league for turning defences,but they don't rely on overlaps,they tend to have a player(s) who goes inside from a wider position and passes forward to a more centrally based player who goes outward into space in the box ,thus turning the defence or the alternative is a pull back for a strike from de Bruyne.They play quite narrow at the top end but wide in midfield .
Guilbert turns backwards because he hasn't the player in front of him or alongside to play a 1-2.Beating a player is fine in the last third but unless you're Grealish it's dangerous closer to your own goal.
The other need for Guilbert or Targett to attack more is quicker and better passing from the back 3 or deep lying midfielders which happened when Luiz was introduced and they were offered the opportunity to attack with space behind the Watford players rather than congestion around the halfwayline.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal