collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 469109 times)

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #1185 on: January 04, 2020, 08:12:37 AM »
Benteke Loan to buy - back home - motivated for push for euro squad. No brainier for me. He would suit our system and would be perfect for another striker alongside also (if we go 2 up top)

Benteke and Bat upfront together would be superb

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1186 on: January 04, 2020, 08:19:22 AM »
Think Nyland will be given the next 3-4 games and we'll then make a decision by end of January (of course Steer might be close to returning in any case).

Good range of opponents to test him out. Man. City where we'll need him to be tipping their 6-7 shots on target round the post (I dread to think of % of shots on target he let in last season) and then Brighton and Watford where he'll have less to do but concentration will be needed.
Agreed - Nyland, TBF, has looked quite commanding in his few cameos this season.
Never thought I'd say that!

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1187 on: January 04, 2020, 08:20:26 AM »
Benteke Loan to buy - back home - motivated for push for euro squad. No brainier for me. He would suit our system and would be perfect for another striker alongside also (if we go 2 up top)

Benteke and Bat upfront together would be superb
Did they play for CP together last season? - how did that work out (I cannot remember!)?

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1188 on: January 04, 2020, 08:34:52 AM »
Think Nyland will be given the next 3-4 games and we'll then make a decision by end of January (of course Steer might be close to returning in any case).

Good range of opponents to test him out. Man. City where we'll need him to be tipping their 6-7 shots on target round the post (I dread to think of % of shots on target he let in last season) and then Brighton and Watford where he'll have less to do but concentration will be needed.
Agreed - Nyland, TBF, has looked quite commanding in his few cameos this season.
Never thought I'd say that!

Don't goalkeepers tend to train together, and help train each other? Heaton's influence, I think. As is being said, it's only cameos so far this season, but he's getting the ball to stick to his hands now, and less afraid of a crowd scene in front of him.

Online Villafirst

« Reply #1189 on: January 04, 2020, 08:57:05 AM »
Trouble is, Benteke is still out injured. He's about as reliable as Davis! We need a fit forward immediately with Kodjia as the only option at present.

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #1190 on: January 04, 2020, 09:30:04 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50986483

Not sure if this has been shared elsewhere, and I suppose it doesn’t tell us anything we don’t already know.  I guess it just emphasises how much we’ve been fucked over by bad luck yet again.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #1191 on: January 04, 2020, 09:39:28 AM »
And aren’t we as fans partly to blame here insisting on the tradition of a packed Christmas and New Year fixture list and moaning like buggery if anyone considers changing it?

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1192 on: January 04, 2020, 11:18:07 AM »

Not sure if this has been shared elsewhere, and I suppose it doesn’t tell us anything we don’t already know.  I guess it just emphasises how much we’ve been fucked over by bad luck yet again.

Klopp makes me laugh. Liverpool piss off mid season, for a meaningless show pony tournament albeit at the behest of the FIFA cash machine. And, that's on top of travelling to far flung foreign shores, for pre season tournaments, all in the name of 'ker ching'.

Yes, we've been unlucky with injuries but what's that got to do when the fixtures are played? Injuries like can occur at any time of the season. Also, Christmas footy has been around forever.

Big clubs like Liverpool just want more opportunity to make money. That means more Champions League and World tournaments, at the expense of the domestic cup competitions and they probably wouldn't mind a reduction of teams in the Premier league either.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1193 on: January 04, 2020, 12:33:36 PM »
And aren’t we as fans partly to blame here insisting on the tradition of a packed Christmas and New Year fixture list and moaning like buggery if anyone considers changing it?

They probably should take out the game between Boxing day and NYD now, some teams having to play twice in less than 48 hours was ridiculous.

Also don't understand the two week winter break not happening straight after FA cup third round, odd it's in February.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1194 on: January 04, 2020, 12:41:46 PM »

Klopp makes me laugh. Liverpool piss off mid season, for a meaningless show pony tournament albeit at the behest of the FIFA cash machine. And, that's on top of travelling to far flung foreign shores, for pre season tournaments, all in the name of 'ker ching'.

Yes, we've been unlucky with injuries but what's that got to do when the fixtures are played? Injuries like can occur at any time of the season. Also, Christmas footy has been around forever.

Big clubs like Liverpool just want more opportunity to make money. That means more Champions League and World tournaments, at the expense of the domestic cup competitions and they probably wouldn't mind a reduction of teams in the Premier league either.

and the crap group stages of the Chumps league , just more money for the seeded two against the other crap2. No need for them neither , go back to knockout .

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1195 on: January 04, 2020, 01:02:01 PM »
Truth to Joe Hart links. Short term loan

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1196 on: January 04, 2020, 01:18:14 PM »
Oh joy. Nyland is genuinely better.

Bowen not in the Hull side, anything in that one on a more positive note?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1197 on: January 04, 2020, 01:22:37 PM »
Chester and/or Kodjia in a swap for Bowen? Throw Lansbury in too, just to carry the bags!

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1198 on: January 04, 2020, 01:59:22 PM »
Truth to Joe Hart links. Short term loan

No thanks.

Unless by short term that means "for an hour or so".

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #1199 on: January 04, 2020, 02:01:43 PM »
Nyland is head and shoulders better than Joe Hart.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal