collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 464667 times)

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
Re: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #855 on: December 31, 2019, 12:46:07 PM »
Forgive my ignorance but why the anti drinkwater sentiment? Seemed like just a meh signing but seems to have stirred things up. Is there off the pitch stuff that’s passed me by?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #856 on: December 31, 2019, 12:50:17 PM »
Forgive my ignorance but why the anti drinkwater sentiment? Seemed like just a meh signing but seems to have stirred things up. Is there off the pitch stuff that’s passed me by?

Likes a night out apparently, and was out for weeks after he got a good hiding in a night club trying to chat up somebody else's girlfriend.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #857 on: December 31, 2019, 12:58:12 PM »
6 league starts since Aug 2017 doesn’t exactly look like someone setting the world on fire.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #858 on: December 31, 2019, 01:01:49 PM »
I personally think super JT needs tk be getting on  the phone to chelsea and try gets batshyuai in on loan. Im sure tammy would also put in a good word for us.

He would eb a brilliant jan signing for us

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #859 on: December 31, 2019, 01:13:18 PM »
I personally think super JT needs tk be getting on  the phone to chelsea and try gets batshyuai in on loan. Im sure tammy would also put in a good word for us.

Funny you say that because some gossip merchant on FB has just suggested that we're in for him.  Pure coincidence that you posted shortly afterwards though.  ;D

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #860 on: December 31, 2019, 01:29:17 PM »

Funny you say that because some gossip merchant on FB has just suggested that we're in for him.  Pure coincidence that you posted shortly afterwards though.  ;D

Oh really. I dont really pay much attention to twitter fb to be honest mate.  Its more or less people making things up.

Hoping there is legs to this but who knows

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #861 on: December 31, 2019, 01:47:27 PM »
In the Sky article, it  says he would be a replacement for McGinn. He's nothing like him. Thinking about it though, some experience of some sort in the midfield might not be a bad thing

Agreed but as IanJ points out, his fitness levels are a major concern. Here's the views from Burnley fans. From what I've read on their forums, this one at least doesn't call him Drinkbeer.

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #862 on: December 31, 2019, 02:04:11 PM »
If we sign him I hope it turns out well but I can’t help having a Stephen Ireland feeling about this.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #863 on: December 31, 2019, 02:18:38 PM »
Signing Danny Drinkliquor to replace John McGinn would be like signing Wesley to replace Tammy Abraham.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #864 on: December 31, 2019, 02:27:36 PM »
It's paper/twitter talk and all that talk is of a loan, it's not like we've already signed him for a big wedge and lengthy contract.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #865 on: December 31, 2019, 02:35:11 PM »
Vida and Bat from Chelsea are truthful links

Online Taylor

« Reply #866 on: December 31, 2019, 02:35:25 PM »
I don’t know why Danny Drinkwater (premier league winner and England international) is currently out of favour at Burnley, but if he does join, I won’t write him off. Our own Tyrone was deemed superfluous at Bournemouth, and that worked out ok.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #867 on: December 31, 2019, 02:37:16 PM »
It's paper/twitter talk and all that talk is of a loan, it's not like we've already signed him for a big wedge and lengthy contract.

They all are until it happens. But this is the transfer bollocks thread after all. Oh and we are all still scarred by the TSM1 incident. Surely it could never happen...until it did

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #868 on: December 31, 2019, 02:38:18 PM »
I don’t know why Danny Drinkwater (premier league winner and England international) is currently out of favour at Burnley, but if he does join, I won’t write him off. Our own Tyrone was deemed superfluous at Bournemouth, and that worked out ok.

Him being a piss head might have something to do with him being out of favour at Burnley.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #869 on: December 31, 2019, 02:38:48 PM »

Sure. If we were getting him from Chelsea that is. He had a chance to establish himself again at Burnley and failed to do so. A club which has provided Ashley Westwood a solid career at this level. So surely that’s on the player?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal