collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 468825 times)

Offline Fred Crump

Re: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #525 on: December 20, 2019, 11:09:24 PM »
A very talented player.
Who does he (not) play for these days?I thought he was very good at 'The Mighty Reds YNWA'.
Surely worth looking at ?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #526 on: December 20, 2019, 11:36:25 PM »
I think I read it was Juventus Fred.  Was on the BBC gossip column this morning.  I have always thought he was a talented player and someone at the right sort of age who might do well for us.

Offline Dougs Socks

« Reply #527 on: December 21, 2019, 02:01:12 AM »

Two loans with a view to buy if we stay up. Striker and the Brentford lad. Grealish moves inside with a more offensive McGinn.  Bit of shit about Luiz, however...i think a commanding central midfielder may also be on the cards.

Three clever deals in, plus a couple of outgoings.

FFP is then remedied, we sign the loans because we have survived, and then we go for the 1 or 2 in the summer that will transform us.

Anyhow, it seems the house is on fire..but hey!

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #528 on: December 21, 2019, 03:11:40 AM »

Two loans with a view to buy if we stay up. Striker and the Brentford lad. Grealish moves inside with a more offensive McGinn.  Bit of shit about Luiz, however...i think a commanding central midfielder may also be on the cards.

FFP is then remedied, we sign the loans because we have survived, and then we go for the 1 or 2 in the summer that will transform us.

Titmus

Offline villabear

« Reply #529 on: December 21, 2019, 07:44:45 AM »

Titmus
Seconded

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #530 on: December 21, 2019, 07:51:26 AM »
Titimus lol.
I rather miss dear old ALF and his RANDOM rants using  :o emojis and CAPITALS. He and Footyskillz were the masters of Buttery Ollocks and when they were in full flow it was like being in some weird hall of mirrors. Crazy but fun.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #531 on: December 22, 2019, 10:30:31 AM »
If Snodgrass was available, I'd be bringing him back. Albrighton too. We need some solid pros in the squad who still have life left in their legs to lead the team in a relegation battle.. It's something we lost over the summer.

I severely doubt the likes of Whelan would have tolerated Grealish's lack of professionalism yesterday or AEG being constantly at fault for opposition goals by not doing his job.

The guys who werent good enough for us last season, Taylor, Lansbury and Kodjia to be let go.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #532 on: December 22, 2019, 10:34:12 AM »
What's with the clamour to sign players who used to play for us?  There's an entire world's worth of players out there.

Offline Steve67

« Reply #533 on: December 22, 2019, 10:38:55 AM »
Good post Bronte.  We could do with a couple of good, solid pro's in the dressing room who have been doing it in the top league for a while.  We simply don't have anyone.  Mings and Grealish are great players but they lack experience at that level.  Heaton is the only other player I can think of who has any real Prem experience, even Chester lacks it.  We need people to be held to account on the pitch for their petulance, lack of tracking back, for ball watching etc.  Snodgrass and Albrighton would be a good start, regardless that they have played for us before, they are trustworthy and give their all.  I'd like Eric Dier, Emre Can too, for different reasons.

Taylor, Kodjia, Chester, Lansbury all made available.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #534 on: December 22, 2019, 10:42:39 AM »
There’s more chance of me making my debut for Villa than West Ham loaning Snoddy to us. 

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #535 on: December 22, 2019, 10:46:04 AM »
If Snodgrass was available, I'd be bringing him back. Albrighton too. We need some solid pros in the squad who still have life left in their legs to lead the team in a relegation battle.. It's something we lost over the summer.

I severely doubt the likes of Whelan would have tolerated Grealish's lack of professionalism yesterday or AEG being constantly at fault for opposition goals by not doing his job.

The guys who werent good enough for us last season, Taylor, Lansbury and Kodjia to be let go.

Out of  interest, what lack of professionalism do you mean regarding Jack?

Offline Steve67

« Reply #536 on: December 22, 2019, 10:46:22 AM »
There’s more chance of me making my debut for Villa than West Ham loaning Snoddy to us. 

Are you any quicker than Targett?  Can you slot in at left back?

Offline Singapore Villa

• GM : 09.06.2019
« Reply #537 on: December 22, 2019, 11:02:55 AM »

Out of  interest, what lack of professionalism do you mean regarding Jack?

Yeah.  I am keen to understand that as well.

What I saw was a lad giving 100% to try and drag his team forward.  Yes, he was getting frustrated with the ref at times, but so was I... and 42k in Villa Park and everyone watching on TV!

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #538 on: December 22, 2019, 12:06:19 PM »

He has only 18 months left on his contract so should be gettable.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #539 on: December 22, 2019, 12:13:03 PM »
We need an experienced holding player. Someone who can shore things up a bit and lead. A Premier League Whelan.

No names jump out to me tbh

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal