collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 464387 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #495 on: December 16, 2019, 09:40:11 PM »
I really hate him, though. ☹

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #496 on: December 16, 2019, 11:48:11 PM »
There certainly won't be a raft of players, it'll be fine-tuning if anything," Smith confirmed. "We made 12 signings in the summer and I've seen enough of them to see they're progressing as a team and getting better.

"At the moment we’re having discussions of possibilities. But that’s all they are."

"At the moment, we've got two players for each position," he said, looking ahead to January 1.

"It's hard enough for the players who aren't playing regular but, as I've said before, it's their job to keep me happy not the other way around because they've got to be pushing for a place in the team.

"I'm always open to additions to better the squad. They've got to be better than what you've got.

"A conversation myself, Christian (Purslow) and (sporting director) Suso have had when we're looking at additions is they've got to be better than what we've already got.

"We're continuing to do that (improving players), that's the ethos of the club, players wanting to learn and get better. We're working daily to help them improve and I'm seeing improvement individually and the team as a whole.

"If Suso comes to me and says I've got a player and we go, 'Wow!' - obviously you're silly not to explore that further."

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #497 on: December 17, 2019, 01:05:30 AM »

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #498 on: December 17, 2019, 06:33:12 AM »
Not sure which players are improving.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #499 on: December 17, 2019, 07:03:13 AM »

Our opponents tend to look better against us than anyone else. Look at those ****** Chelsea, for instance...

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #500 on: December 17, 2019, 07:07:21 AM »

Our opponents tend to look better against us than anyone else. Look at those c***s Chelsea, for instance...
Well we were up against ......... has been used quite a few times after some chastening defeats.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #501 on: December 17, 2019, 07:16:20 AM »
Sorry but that's a load of bollocks from DS, I know he has to be diplomatic but to say we have two players for each spot means nothing if the players selected are playing poorly but you can't replace them because the player waiting in the wings is even worse.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #502 on: December 17, 2019, 07:37:53 AM »
I hope he's just being diplomatic because if he really thinks we don't need improving then we are in trouble. Not signing another striker means we will be visiting The Sty next season.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #503 on: December 17, 2019, 07:38:46 AM »
Is FFP a factor On who, if anyone we buy in January

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #504 on: December 17, 2019, 07:39:58 AM »
I hope he's just being diplomatic because if he really thinks we don't need improving then we are in trouble. Not signing another striker means we will be visiting The Sty next season.

I suspect and hope he is, it is a worry though, if that’s what he really thinks

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #505 on: December 17, 2019, 08:01:01 AM »
They’ll have targets like everyone else.
Just not showing his hand that’s all.
DS will be well aware of the situation.
A lot of people on here are already giving up on the guy while he’s going through his first true test.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #506 on: December 17, 2019, 08:42:29 AM »
Are they old quotes from Dean?  Because we seem to have gone backwards, or at the very least, stalled, recently.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #507 on: December 17, 2019, 08:49:04 AM »
I always find my team at work improves massively when I loudly, so that they can all hear, tell another manager that my gang are wank, just arent doing it and that I'd much prefer their individuals instead. The work ethic and productivity sees exponential increases after such public outbursts.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #508 on: December 17, 2019, 12:54:22 PM »
There certainly won't be a raft of players, it'll be fine-tuning if anything," Smith confirmed. "We made 12 signings in the summer and I've seen enough of them to see they're progressing as a team and getting better.

"At the moment we’re having discussions of possibilities. But that’s all they are."

"At the moment, we've got two players for each position," he said, looking ahead to January 1.

"It's hard enough for the players who aren't playing regular but, as I've said before, it's their job to keep me happy not the other way around because they've got to be pushing for a place in the team.

"I'm always open to additions to better the squad. They've got to be better than what you've got.

"A conversation myself, Christian (Purslow) and (sporting director) Suso have had when we're looking at additions is they've got to be better than what we've already got.

"We're continuing to do that (improving players), that's the ethos of the club, players wanting to learn and get better. We're working daily to help them improve and I'm seeing improvement individually and the team as a whole.

"If Suso comes to me and says I've got a player and we go, 'Wow!' - obviously you're silly not to explore that further."

I'll be playing with 40+ year olds at five aside tonight that would be an improvement on Wesley.  Sticking a pin in a list of strikers from League 1 and 2 would yield similar results.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #509 on: December 17, 2019, 01:02:56 PM »
I don't think it's just a forward we need.  We really need some midfield control too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal