collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 09:03:14 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by GordonCowansisthegreatest
[Today at 08:59:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 464471 times)

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
Re: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2019, 10:42:02 AM »
That truly would be madness for Norwich. I'd have liked us to sign Benhrama in the summer but surely he's too similar to Trez / AEG / Jota? Perhaps play him a bit higher up just behind Wes and sacrifice width? Play 2 DMs and SJM and SJG behind. Almost a 4-4-2 but not quite as Dean would never go for it.

Offline mallo

« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2019, 10:53:53 AM »
Random link to Christoph Monschein (striker) - has been scoring goals in Austria - but hardly the standard of the Preeemiership.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2019, 12:05:40 PM »
Random link to Christoph Monschein (striker) - has been scoring goals in Austria - but hardly the standard of the Preeemiership.
.hasn't stopped villa !
Its the policy
Get in potential assets so they can be sold on

Unfortunately the links to experienced players like a Gliroud and one with villa connections like Super Marc Albrighton and Benteke are unlikely under this sporting director and CEO.

The championship talent won't be purchased either unless it's considered a good deal on finance.
Otherwise we look elsewhere.
Maupay and Webster prices villa didn't want to outlay 20mil plus on championship players

Similar if players from lower leagues are being quoted at rates where board don't think value then they won't go in for them.

With susos continental and overseas know how it's more likely something like this striker from Austria mention than anything recognised.

Now the initial success of transfer policy will be proven provided villa stay up .

I prefer a bit more fushion and input on Dean Smith type of signings as I can only say Wesley would not have been a total signing by Dean Smith as he lacks all the ingredients of what Smith looks for.

Suso and Purslow imposing of players and financial value assets buying is something Smith is ok with as a coach as he can work like that however he can only be as good as the tools he's given.

Only you would suggest we bring in a striker who's scored a sum total of 5 goals in his last 44 league appearances after complaining constantly about a striker who's scored 4 in 13 for us.

Offline Bryan

« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2019, 12:05:46 PM »
I don’t post much, but I live in Vienna and have seen this guy play. No where near the required standard to make an impact in this league. I’d pitch the Austrian League (with the sole exception of RB Salzburg) at League 1 level. And the pace of the game in the PL would be far too much for him.

Offline mallo

« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2019, 01:28:03 PM »
Thanks Bryan - I'll file under B for that one then. He must be bad if there isn't even a youtube highlights vid out yet. I wouldn't be adverse to us going for Bowen - live wire and would niggle defenders. edit - the toon are after him - get him to weaken them!

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2019, 01:42:29 PM »
Benteke did have an affinity with us though so it wouldn't be a typical signing of a has been. That said, he really is a has been, he's been shit for such a long time i'd be very doubtful of his having any kind of useful impact.

It would be like Newcastle signing Carroll.

Offline Drummond

« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2019, 01:45:36 PM »
We don't need a traditional centre forward. We need someone pacy and different who creates chances.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2019, 03:51:34 PM »
I don't think pacey is necessarily a prerequisite. If we could find someone who plays like Sheringham or Bergkamp I could live with that...

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2019, 04:45:18 PM »
I don't think pacey is necessarily a prerequisite. If we could find someone who plays like Sheringham or Bergkamp I could live with that...

Roberto Firmino best striker in league .
These sort of strikers are invaluable
Harry Kane says hi
And if we are talking strikers as opposed to false 9 or whatever Jamie Vardy is a striker.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 04:48:16 PM by ChicagoLion »

Offline TonyD

« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2019, 04:59:32 PM »
Maddison is good mates with Jack apparently.    That would be nice.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2019, 06:35:40 PM »
Benteke did have an affinity with us though so it wouldn't be a typical signing of a has been. That said, he really is a has been, he's been shit for such a long time i'd be very doubtful of his having any kind of useful impact.

it’s a good point

I absolutely loved Benteke and always thought he would return one day
but you know what we have moved on and have a totally new take on things which probably doesn’t include old ex strikers no matter how good they were

he was good though while it lasted

Offline Drummond

« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2019, 09:38:20 PM »
He was good with different players, different coaches and a different manager. He's bit replicated it since, why would that change?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #177 on: November 30, 2019, 12:17:11 AM »
Maddison is good mates with Jack apparently.    That would be nice.

Probably the negativity in me but I see it the other way! Leicester get CL and while I don't believe Jack would go there they could well come in for McGinn given Rodgers really wanted him at Celtic.

We are progressing nicely, however there could come a point where a few of our players progress what we're capable of a team e.g. they're top 4 standard and we're only 9th or 10th as we saw when Young, Milner and perhaps Downing all outgrew us and our quality then rapidly dropped.

That's why to me we show more ambition in next summer transfer market and go after key players from rivals clubs and abroad who've played at the top level as ultimately that's how we will continue to progress up the league.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #178 on: November 30, 2019, 09:36:24 AM »
Maddison? Yeah, that’s going to happen.

Talking about a Bergkamp or Sheringham, as I keep saying I think that’s what Grealish should be doing. He’ll never be a Bergkamp but if he keeps playing like he did the other night he could be a Sheringham fairly soon. He’s certainly well equipped to play that role.

Apart from another centre forward option to compete with Wes, we need proper pace out wide, a player that can really skin the full back, what I’d give for a modern day TonyD in fact.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #179 on: November 30, 2019, 10:34:43 AM »
No not even remotely close.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal