collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:48:09 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 464775 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2019, 12:06:51 AM »
I quite like Davis, but not sure how many goals he'd get.

Let's get Benteke.

Benteke's stats are woeful. He has scored four league goals since August 2017. Not like he's had any bad injuries in that spell like he did for us either.

He's lost his desire imo, just happy living in London earning good money and knowing his career is going nowhere. I'd stay well clear and just remember the good times when he was here.

Agreed.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2019, 12:12:50 AM »

Let's get Benteke.

Benteke's stats are woeful. He has scored four league goals since August 2017. Not like he's had any bad injuries in that spell like he did for us either.

He's lost his desire imo, just happy living in London earning good money and knowing his career is going nowhere. I'd stay well clear and just remember the good times when he was here.

Agreed.
Same here.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2019, 09:48:49 PM »
2 more goals for Bowen tonight I see, time to snap him up

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2019, 11:24:17 PM »
2 more goals for Bowen tonight I see, time to snap him up

Recently followed Villa on instagram.

His dad is a Villa fan.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2019, 11:37:25 PM »
Bowen is playing out of his skin. I can't believe him and Lolley are still in Serie B. There's Villa blood in both and they're ready for the Prem, let's do it.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2019, 11:55:51 PM »

Let's get Benteke.

Suppose there is the romantic notion that he would come back, the old chant would go up around the Holte and he would revert back to player he was when he was with us.  He's looked like a bit of a busted flush for a while now though. 

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2019, 03:42:02 AM »
Complete works of Disney thinking Benteke is being re signed.

More chance of signing Darren Bent and Nathan Ake.

Disney? Can you not Let It Go?

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2019, 07:22:58 AM »
We won't be spending big from what seems to have been written in the media. I think one or two tops.

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2019, 09:12:53 AM »
The consensus is that we probably need to upgrade the wide/attacking players.

Though with the emergence of Konsa as an assured player (comfortable in possession) and assuming Chester makes a return, I wonder whether we might play three at the back and push Guilbert and Targett further forward.

If the present wide/attacking players demonstrated they could be more disciplined defensively then they would also be in contention for being Wing-backs.

It also, arguably, gives a better option to accommodate Grealish, SJM, Douglas Luiz and Nakamba in a way that gets one or more of them closer to Wesley.

A proven goalscorer is always a good addition, but switching to the above might make it less of a priority for January - which often is a tough market offering poor value. UTV
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 09:14:24 AM by Russ aka Big Nose »

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2019, 09:17:51 AM »
We won't be spending big from what seems to have been written in the media. I think one or two tops.

In a way that's actually pretty big for January, it's so difficult to buy then.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2019, 09:21:32 AM »
The consensus is that we probably need to upgrade the wide/attacking players.

Though with the emergence of Konsa as an assured player (comfortable in possession) and assuming Chester makes a return, I wonder whether we might play three at the back and push Guilbert and Targett further forward.

If the present wide/attacking players demonstrated they could be more disciplined defensively then they would also be in contention for being Wing-backs.

It also, arguably, gives a better option to accommodate Grealish, SJM, Douglas Luiz and Nakamba in a way that gets one or more of them closer to Wesley.

A proven goalscorer is always a good addition, but switching to the above might make it less of a priority for January - which often is a tough market offering poor value. UTV

Please no. Hate five at the back. It minimises your attacking threat and the extra centre-halves just get in each other's way and increase the chance of playing the opposition onside.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2019, 10:00:51 AM »

Let's get Benteke.

Loan move might be worth a shot. His best form may be years ago but John Carew's career was in a similar tailspin when he came to us from Lyon. Clearly low on confidence but thought he looked decent in a game v City I think recently. Bullet header that the keeper somehow saved.

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2019, 10:21:00 AM »
I'd take Benteke back on loan in a second. He signed a new contract with Palace in the Summer so they'd probably want silly money for him permanently, but may be open to a loan deal. At worst he'd be a decent option to bring in for Wes if he's struggling/needs a break.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2019, 10:45:52 AM »
I'd take Benteke back on loan in a second. He signed a new contract with Palace in the Summer so they'd probably want silly money for him permanently, but may be open to a loan deal. At worst he'd be a decent option to bring in for Wes if he's struggling/needs a break.

If we could get the version of Benteke that we had back in 2013-2015 then yes I'd take him back. However I think his best days are behind him so on that basis I'd leave him where he is. The old Aston Villa would have gambled on him; the new Aston Villa under Purslow, Smith and Pitarch won't touch him with a bargepole (hopefully).

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2019, 12:24:19 PM »
If we signed Benteke it would show we have not learned anything from the days of signing overpaid has beens,  ala Mica Richards. Too many on here have rose tinted specs if they think that this is the same player from 2013 - 2015.
Young and hungry is the way, not old and on easy street.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal