collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:52:23 AM]

Do it thr Frnch way - Lill away by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 02:14:03 AM]

Leander Dendoncker - On Loan at Napoli by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:44:12 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Drummond
[Today at 01:15:54 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 12:17:15 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by tomd2103
[April 17, 2024, 11:32:24 PM]

Brighton (a) by sonyhill
[April 17, 2024, 11:15:10 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulTheVillan
[April 17, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 468755 times)

Offline villabear

Re: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #3285 on: January 30, 2020, 05:44:30 AM »

New fourth kit announced.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #3286 on: January 30, 2020, 05:59:02 AM »

New fourth kit announced.

It’d look better with the old round badge.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3287 on: January 30, 2020, 06:52:50 AM »
The lack of any links 48 hours out is worrying. We need a striker, centre half and wide player potentially.

Lack of links mean nothing.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #3288 on: January 30, 2020, 07:00:48 AM »
The lack of any links 48 hours out is worrying. We need a striker, centre half and wide player potentially.

I know, but you would have thought if anything was close we would have heard. Chester likely going and no backup for Samatta suggests we need 2 players ASAP. Leaving ourselves that short when we have a decent shot at survival would be very poor.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #3289 on: January 30, 2020, 07:19:55 AM »

I know, but you would have thought if anything was close we would have heard. Chester likely going and no backup for Samatta suggests we need 2 players ASAP. Leaving ourselves that short when we have a decent shot at survival would be very poor.

Davis is back up to Samatta (or vice versa). Deano has stated only this week that he's hopeful of another striker. There have been several links to Sturridge. A new central defender would be a massive bonus if an upgrade on Chester but I wonder whether it might be better to wait until we have money in the Summer to spend on that position - A loan being the ideal scenario. If these players don't come in then it won't be for the want of trying.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #3290 on: January 30, 2020, 07:21:44 AM »
We needed a new striker before Wes got injured and Kodjia was sold to take our options to 4. We don't want to let the transfer window close with just Samatta and Davis as strikers, that would be foolish going into the final games of the season. At least one more striker is needed and perhaps cover in other areas depending on whether we release anybody ourselves. The clock is ticking so come on Villa!

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #3291 on: January 30, 2020, 07:27:35 AM »
We needed a new striker before Wes got injured and Kodjia was sold to take our options to 4. We don't want to let the transfer window close with just Samatta and Davis as strikers, that would be foolish going into the final games of the season. At least one more striker is needed and perhaps cover in other areas depending on whether we release anybody ourselves. The clock is ticking so come on Villa!

It's not down to Villa - If it was, we'd have done all of our business on 1st January.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #3292 on: January 30, 2020, 07:36:56 AM »
I think we should sell Chezzy. He has been amazing for us and is fantastic back up but if Deano doesn't fancy him as first choice in a 3, We owe him more than being a back up player. Not sure why Engels has been so badly canned as well, I thought he was looking really good.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

« Reply #3293 on: January 30, 2020, 07:39:02 AM »
I think you'll find in any transfer process involving our club, Aston Villa will have to play their part. I'm hardly going to come on here and say (eg) come on palace or come on chelsea, to get a transfer over the line. Whether its 1st or 31st Jan I'm willing my club to get the deals done. From 1st Feb I'll obviously make do with what we've got.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #3294 on: January 30, 2020, 07:42:38 AM »
Looks like Piatek is off to Hertha Berlin.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #3295 on: January 30, 2020, 07:44:50 AM »
I think you'll find in any transfer process involving our club, Aston Villa will have to play their part. I'm hardly going to come on here and say (eg) come on palace or come on chelsea, to get a transfer over the line. Whether its 1st or 31st Jan I'm willing my club to get the deals done. From 1st Feb I'll obviously make do with what we've got.

And as I said, I think you'll find that it's not down to Villa that we're 30 odd hours away from the deadline with deals needing to be done. 

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

« Reply #3296 on: January 30, 2020, 07:57:41 AM »
Haha never mind brassneck, enjoy your day and the rest of the transfer window.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3297 on: January 30, 2020, 08:01:39 AM »
Brassneck is right. Its not as easy as going out and getting who you want.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #3298 on: January 30, 2020, 08:31:51 AM »
I love Chester and yes in theory he's earned a move if that is what he wants.  But in our precarious position I would prefer we just be more hard nosed and keep him until the summer.  I'm sure he'd be great in a three if Hause loses form or picks up a knock.

With Chester & Engels as back up, I'd concentrate our limited funds elsewhere.   I'd love decent cover for Marv.  If he get's injured we don't have a natural out and out DM.  I think Nzonzi would have been ideal.  If I could have only one of a striker or wide player, now with have Samatta in & Davis seemingly fit, I think I'd opt for a scoring wide player.  I can't believe Bowen hasn't been picked up by someone as I've felt for some time he could be excellent for us.  I'm guessing we can't spend the cash to get someone like him or Benrahma at the moment, but hoping the club pulls a rabbit out of the hat.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #3299 on: January 30, 2020, 08:42:22 AM »

Indeed, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.  I'm pretty confident we'll sign at least one more...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal