collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Newcastle United pre-match thread  (Read 15054 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Aston Villa v Newcastle United pre-match thread
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2019, 11:46:54 PM »
They still beat ManUre and Spurs. When will we ever beat either?

Has wor Brucie said much about us in his "presser"?

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2019, 07:19:48 AM »
Such an important game, win we are just a couple of points off mid table lose and its panic stations.
Hope Grealish is totally over his injury and ready to fire up.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2019, 07:55:24 AM »
They've looked shite everytime I've seen them, Almiron is easily one of the worst players to ever play at this level, plays like an excitable kid on a council estate that is running after the Ice cream van (100% scoring now). Were technically miles ahead of them, they'll be organised, Smiths teams always dominated Bruces teams when he was here, hopefully that continues.
Technically we're miles ahead of them? Thats a dubious claim but so long as we get the win who cares. Won't be easy but i'll go for a 2-1 win for the good guys. Hope that potato head plonker gets the full treatment from the crowd. I will never forget his words after we clawed back a point against the mighty fucking Rotherham at home. "apparently i don't know what i'm doing" Any MP would of been proud of the spin he put on that.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2019, 08:53:18 AM »
I hope the Holte has a few bedsheets just to piss off further the Geordie Nation.
They still haven't forgiven us for this:

I worked with a Geordie a couple of weeks ago and asked about this. He had no axe to grind whatsoever and didn't know anyone who did, he said they would've done the same and looked upon it as a bit of a laugh. He goes home and away to every game, he'll be there tomorrow and couldn't praise Villa Park highly enough.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2019, 11:08:57 AM »
Biggest game of the season so far for me, just in terms of where we are in the league, where they are, the really tough games we’ve got to come, the poor performance against wolves etc. We lose, pre Xmas looking a bit bleak, we win, we’re only 3 points off spurs. And obviously brucie factor. Was at Sheffield Wed away last season and they really went at us but faded in the last 10, when grealish took over. I expect Bruce to have Newcastle up for this in the same way, but an early goal would do nicely to settle the nerves. There in good form but equally we’re due to give someone a going over at home, optimistic 3-0 villa, McGinn, grealish, el ghazi

Offline SW9-VILLA

« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2019, 03:03:21 PM »
I fancy us to win this. Having Jack back will be a massive plus. We've missed him while he's been injured and his ability to draw players to open up space/ball carrying.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2019, 03:14:49 PM »
Never goes well when there's an air of overconfidence in the pre match thread.

Hope I'm wrong but can see it being a bitty game tomorrow with of course Newcastle playing 5 at the back but also having a decent threat on the counter attack.

Don't see us keeping a clean sheet, they'll catch us out on the break at some point. Can see this being similar to the Burnley game, another really awkward opponent who we lead twice but couldn't hold on against.

Of course if Jack starts and we see in first five minutes he's fresh and running at them like he's never been away then that will make me far more confident, I assume he will be starting.

Tomorrow is easily the biggest game so far. Win and we can then looking at getting a draw or two in the next 3 to keep creeping up the table. To have a comfortable second half of the season we need to be on 20 points by NYD so becomes much harder to get there if we don't win a key 6 pointer at home.

Offline KRS

« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2019, 09:40:12 PM »
Looking forward to the game. Monday night under the lights...let’s roar on the Villa boys to a much needed 3pts.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2019, 10:45:42 PM »
I hope the Holte has a few bedsheets just to piss off further the Geordie Nation.
They still haven't forgiven us for this:

I worked with a Geordie a couple of weeks ago and asked about this. He had no axe to grind whatsoever and didn't know anyone who did, he said they would've done the same and looked upon it as a bit of a laugh. He goes home and away to every game, he'll be there tomorrow and couldn't praise Villa Park highly enough.

Good to hear, Nev but looking at their forum, there are plenty that still hate us for taking the piss upon their relegation (twice).
Despite recent results, they're still not happy with Bruce and feel their club stinks from top down. I almost feel sorry for them. Almost. 

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2019, 10:46:03 PM »
We are due a draw - 1-1.  Brucie delighted with the point as "it's a difficult place to come but we kept plugging away and in the end we've got our just deserts", Smith ruing "an opportunity missed to get 3 points, couldn't get that second goal and if you switch off at this level you're gonna get punished".

« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 07:41:25 AM by OzVilla »

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2019, 02:06:22 AM »
The Captain Smug Potato Head half and half scarves will be on sale tomorrow.

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2019, 03:41:16 AM »
3-3 a Trezuguet hat trick

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2019, 05:57:33 AM »
I can see Wesley struggling against Newcastle's 3 CB's system.  He needs another striker alongside him.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2019, 08:36:31 AM »
Come on the Villa boys, let's get the 3 points tonight!! It would be great to get one over the "bitters" of the north. After the shambolic way in which bruce left our defense it would be great if we managed to keep a clean sheet and a defender scored the winning goal. Only 1 team won their home fixture in the PL this weekend. I hope we're the second. UTV!!

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2019, 09:18:23 AM »
I can see Wesley struggling against Newcastle's 3 CB's system.  He needs another striker alongside him.

I actually have a weird intuition that he'll score tonight.

Which means he'll probably score an own goal and then get sent off while breaking a leg.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal