collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Newcastle United pre-match thread  (Read 15055 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Aston Villa v Newcastle United pre-match thread
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2019, 12:38:00 PM »
Heart says 1-0; head says 3-1.

Sit down Potato Head!

Hope there isn't any of that to be honest.  He had his critics during his time with us (justifiably at times in my opinion), but he seems like a decent enough bloke and I would hope that the dignified way in which he carried himself at the club during what must have been a very tough time in his personal life would mean he doesn't get that kind of stuff aimed at him really.

Agree with all of that. The sit down potato head stuff was sang to him before he even came here so that will probably start off again but other than that, getting the three points is more important than who is in the opposition dug out.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2019, 12:45:47 PM »

Sit down Potato Head!

Hope there isn't any of that to be honest.  He had his critics during his time with us (justifiably at times in my opinion), but he seems like a decent enough bloke and I would hope that the dignified way in which he carried himself at the club during what must have been a very tough time in his personal life would mean he doesn't get that kind of stuff aimed at him really.

I'd agree with all of that . I'd hope likewise Bruce doesn't make  snide comments about us.

He continually made snide comments about us when he was employed by the club, so I'm not sure why he wouldn't now. I'm with Risso on this one, he deserves all he gets. Which hopefully will include a 4 or 5 goal thrashing.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2019, 01:00:38 PM »
I hope the crowd give him plenty of good-natured abuse - oh and they will.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2019, 01:07:18 PM »
I don't really care about him, tbh. He fell victim to the crowd-abusing paranoia that affects a lot of managers who are about to be sacked, but I don't necessarily think he's a bad sort.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2019, 03:26:36 PM »

Sit down Potato Head!

I'd agree with all of that . I'd hope likewise Bruce doesn't make  snide comments about us.
I don't really care about the celeriac-faced old has-been but if the piss is taken while we are snaffling the 3 points then so be it.

Offline KRS

« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2019, 05:18:23 PM »
The league table isn’t looking pretty for us at the moment. It’s not a “must” win game but we really do need a win and I’ll start getting a bit worried if we don’t as these are the games we need to or should be winning.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2019, 05:24:02 PM »
I hope he gets heaps for the full 90 minutes. Bollocks to him, bloke is an absolute arse.

I hope we thrash them and I hope he gets the full tayter-face treatment.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2019, 05:29:24 PM »
Losing would be a disaster after results today.

It's close to a must win for me, certainly must not lose.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2019, 06:28:25 PM »
We’re going mash these fuckers into oblivion. Long trip. Monday night. Packed Villa Park against that bitter twat. We’ll dominate possession, we have to take advantage which I think we will as they’ll come to snatch a point. 

Offline kieron

« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2019, 06:32:35 PM »
I would like to see a clinical annihilation of Newcastle on Monday.

I'd also prefer the fans to not attack Bruce at all. It will serve zero purpose, other than to fuel him and the opposition. He'll expect it, therefore ignoring him and winning convincingly will be the sweetest type of result in my opinion.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2019, 06:54:32 PM »
It is a massive game and the sort of home game we have to win if we are to keep ourselves out of a relegation battle as the season goes on.

As for Bruce, decent bloke who did a half decent job at the club but ended up under pressure and talking bollox, making excuses and blaming everyone and everything except himself for the team's shortcomings. He had the time and money to do better but didn't.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2019, 07:08:18 PM »
Bruce isn’t a decent bloke. He plays that card really well. He’s bitter and he blames others for his failures. And he has mates in the media who spin things in his favour. As soon as Newcastle won their first game he made snide comments about not being wanted up there. He’s already comments that the team that got promoted were essentially his.

No Steve, we looked nothing like the boring, shower of shit you left behind.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2019, 07:25:19 PM »
I hope the Holte has a few bedsheets just to piss off further the Geordie Nation.
They still haven't forgiven us for this:

Offline bjfoster

« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2019, 09:31:03 PM »
The only thing that I care about is the fact that good should conquer evil and Smith-ball should destroy Bruce-ball.

Jack and John back in the game. Hope Wesley scores to shut a few people up for a bit. Must-win after today’s results.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2019, 09:45:15 PM »
They've looked shite everytime I've seen them, Almiron is easily one of the worst players to ever play at this level, plays like an excitable kid on a council estate that is running after the Ice cream van (100% scoring now). Were technically miles ahead of them, they'll be organised, Smiths teams always dominated Bruces teams when he was here, hopefully that continues.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal