collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: League Cup Quarter-Final - Liverpool at home  (Read 76977 times)

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
Re: League Cup Quarter-Final - Liverpool at home
« Reply #165 on: November 01, 2019, 09:31:46 AM »
Meh. Just tell me when the date is and I'll turn up. What a load of fuss about nothing.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #166 on: November 01, 2019, 09:35:56 AM »
Do all the people suggesting that we just insist on the original date and refuse to switch, genuinely think that’s something we could do? Really?

Have they missed the dozens of games that get switched from their original date every season?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #167 on: November 01, 2019, 09:38:59 AM »
I'm glad we are at home hopefully Liverpool will put out an under strength team and we can book our place in the Semi Finals.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #168 on: November 01, 2019, 11:23:07 AM »
We should give them a selection of dates we are happy with. Let’s hope we aren’t been dictated to.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #169 on: November 01, 2019, 11:37:56 AM »
We should give them a selection of dates we are happy with. Let’s hope we aren’t been dictated to.

But you know that is exactly what will happen

We will not even be consulted

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #170 on: November 01, 2019, 11:42:11 AM »
They've been playing a few kids anyway. Just have the senior team play the FIFA game and send a send separate group to play the cup game.

Offline Holte132

« Reply #171 on: November 01, 2019, 11:55:28 AM »
We already have seven games to play in December so I think it might suit us better to have the game played in January - or just give us a bye to the semis!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #172 on: November 01, 2019, 11:56:16 AM »

If the dates we want aren't available because Liverpool are abroad, that's hardly their fault, is it? I don't really understand why people seem to have their backs up about this. We have had matches rearranged due to opponents' cup requirements for years. Not sure why everyone seems to have gone full Fight Them On The Beaches about it this time. Would playing a match a few days before a Third Round cup match in which we will likely rest loads of players be that much of a hardship?

Obviously, I'd prefer a bye or to play Liverpool's kids in December, but they haven't actually done anything wrong on this occasion.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #173 on: November 01, 2019, 12:04:32 PM »
Exactly.  It's no different to having a league game rearranged because you've got through to a later round of the cup.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #174 on: November 01, 2019, 12:09:08 PM »

If the dates we want aren't available because Liverpool are abroad, that's hardly their fault, is it? I don't really understand why people seem to have their backs up about this. We have had matches rearranged due to opponents' cup requirements for years. Not sure why everyone seems to have gone full Fight Them On The Beaches about it this time. Would playing a match a few days before a Third Round cup match in which we will likely rest loads of players be that much of a hardship?

Obviously, I'd prefer a bye or to play Liverpool's kids in December, but they haven't actually done anything wrong on this occasion.

It really does grieve me to say it, but I agree with the feisty young lad on this occasion.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #175 on: November 01, 2019, 12:22:54 PM »
What has the world come to ? H&V posters seeing things from a Liverpool FC perspective ….. whatever next? My Claret membership cards coming in the post …….. oh wait a minute  :)

Seriously though I think the authorities should consider moving the fixture to Anfield so as the Liverpool players for the tie don't have to leave school early to get to Birmingham :)

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #176 on: November 01, 2019, 12:50:20 PM »
Who cares when we play it really? I’m really missing the quick turnover of games in the championship.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #177 on: November 01, 2019, 12:58:18 PM »
They knew there would be a clash.  So make them play the kids.  They had no problem with playing the kids the other night. 

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #178 on: November 01, 2019, 01:43:49 PM »
They knew there would be a clash.  So make them play the kids.  They had no problem with playing the kids the other night.

James Milner's an old "kid".

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #179 on: November 01, 2019, 01:56:32 PM »
I think we should be helpful in this situation because we may need the favour back in two years time when we're playing in it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal