collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: League Cup Quarter-Final - Liverpool at home  (Read 77073 times)

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
Re: League Cup Quarter-Final - Liverpool at home
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2019, 02:22:18 PM »
Stand our ground
 If we refuse what can they do? That is the week those fixtures take place. I will not attend if moved to January.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2019, 02:30:47 PM »
Stand our ground
 If we refuse what can they do? That is the week those fixtures take place. I will not attend if moved to January.

I suspect you not attending in Jan will be fairly low down their priorities when considering this fixture.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2019, 02:41:14 PM »
Everywhere I read it's "The EFL are in talks with the Reds to identify an alternative date", not a single outlet has mentioned what date would be convenient for us as well.

The week commencing December 16th suits us perfectly, we should stand our ground and tell them to fuck off.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2019, 02:53:36 PM »
After we smash their first 11 this week they'll withdraw their second/third 11 rather than face another humiliation.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2019, 02:56:19 PM »
Stand our ground

I suspect you not attending in Jan will be fairly low down their priorities when considering this fixture.
But not just Fred I can't be there in January either.....so there.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2019, 03:00:23 PM »
Stand our ground

They can expel us from the cup,  report us to the FA and have us ultimately banned from every Uefa-affiliated competition.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2019, 03:15:20 PM »
Fuck Liverpool, give the spot to Arsenal or MK Dons.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2019, 03:19:33 PM »
Stand our ground

They can expel us from the cup,  report us to the FA and have us ultimately banned from every Uefa-affiliated competition.
And eat our children.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #143 on: October 31, 2019, 03:24:13 PM »
Or worse, bring that bloke on to sing You'll Never Walk Alone in front of the Holte again.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2019, 03:46:08 PM »
the game whenever it's played (and it will be) will depend on how much of a priority winning the cup is for us

yes Liverpool did play some kids last night but they also played Milner, Gomez, Lallana, Oxlade- Chamberline and Origi

in my view it's very simple
if we play a strong team and by that I mean a team with Grealish, McGinn and Mings in we have a very good chance of winning in fact I would say we would win

if we play a team like the one we put out last night we will lose

it's over to Dean

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2019, 04:12:39 PM »
No problem for me when we play it.
We've won the League Cup five times and didn't need any byes or free passes.

Anyway delays suit us. In the first season (60/61) the two legged final with Rotherham had to be carried over to the start of the next season and we were defending it just eight days later in the 61/62 tournament ! 

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2019, 04:18:03 PM »
Really?  Cor.

Offline kieron

« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2019, 06:59:02 PM »
Liverpool debate fielding two different teams in two different competitions on the same day to resolve fixture jam

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/10/31/liverpool-debate-fielding-two-different-teams-two-different

Liverpool and the English football league have discussed the possibility of Jurgen Klopp fielding two different teams, in two different competitions, in two different time zones on the same night to resolve the club’s fixture chaos.

The most likely night for Liverpool to travel to Aston Villa in the Carabao Cup quarter-final is January 8, when the first leg of the semi-finals are scheduled to be played. Liverpool are happy to use that date, recognising there is little alternative without serious compromise to the quality of the squad in the last eight.

But during talks with the competition organisers, the possibility of Liverpool playing a team of youngsters at Villa Park on either December 17 or 18 was raised. That would create history as Klopp and his senior team will be in Qatar, where they play the semi-final of the Fifa World Club championships on December 18. A Liverpool team would have to play a senior fixture either on the same day, or within 24 hours of each other, in different continents.

Klopp made eleven changes to his line-up for the round four victory over Arsenal, but he still included senior stars such as Adam Lallana, Divock Origi, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Naby Keita in his line-up. Teenagers Rhian Brewster and Harvey Elliott have also been regular squad members this season and would most likely be part of the travelling party in Qatar.

That means it would demand even more changes to the Liverpool Carabao Cup squad to fulfil their fixture, making it less likely to go ahead in December. As well as requiring 36 players to cover both games, Liverpool would have to decide who managed the team at Villa Park.

A decision is expected soon with Klopp increasing the pressure on the EFL by threatening to withdraw Liverpool from the competition if a sensible solution is not found.

With the Football Association and Premier League also involved in the talks, January is the most likely date. The winners of the tie would then play their semi-final, first leg on the date originally pencilled in for the second leg later in January (Jan 28-29) with the subsequent second leg taking place in February. The final is scheduled to take place at Wembley on March 1. 

Klopp has often protested against the fixture scheduling, and there may be a sense of perverse pleasure at the focusing of minds and logistical nightmare Liverpool’s success has caused the organisers. The Liverpool manager has been able to raise awareness of the physical impossibility of fulfilling every domestic fixture while Uefa and Fifa continue to add games to the football calendar.

Despite Klopp’s withdrawal warning, there is little prospect of the EFL failing to find a solution as they understand the situation and are seeking to protect the integrity of the competition. Liverpool could disqualify themselves by refusing to agree to a date, but talks are ongoing.

According to the cup rules, any club failing to fulfil its obligations in respect to any match on the appointed date will be deemed guilty of misconduct and liable to pay compensation to their opponent.

If it got that far, the compensation figure would be determined by a disciplinary commission at a later date.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2019, 07:01:49 PM »
Unfair as it would be, a bye to the semis and Liverpool forced to compensate us for lost earnings would be hilarious 🤣

Offline olaftab

« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2019, 07:14:22 PM »
Unfair as it would be, a bye to the semis and Liverpool forced to compensate us for lost earnings would be hilarious 🤣
I would hate that but if it helps the nations worlds favourite football club  I would accept it and live with the stigma.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal