collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs VAR Post-Match Thread  (Read 33306 times)

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
Re: Aston Villa vs VAR Post-Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2019, 05:42:15 PM »
Well done you soapy tit wanks.
I tried a few time to find out that post with that screenshot without success.

Offline Herman

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2019, 05:46:17 PM »
Well done you soapy tit wanks.
I tried a few time to find out that post with that screenshot without success.

Ive just googled that on the works' computer and now the boss wants to see me 'about something important'

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2019, 05:46:38 PM »
Great result, well done Matt Targett, think he could turn out to be a good buy. Above Man United in the league, when was the last time that happened, 1981?

When we beat them opening day 1995 probably
Yes of course

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2019, 05:52:30 PM »
Fair fucks to Brighton, they played well.

We looked like a bang average Championship side for the first 20 minutes.

Grealish was magnificent, SJM had his moments and sorry but Wesley just ain’t doing it.

Lastly, we’ve some right knob head fans who really need to keep their thoughts inside their tiny thick heads. Twats.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2019, 05:55:00 PM »

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2019, 05:59:02 PM »
We were above Man United early games of 1995-96 too. We won first two, they lost one. Much longer spell above them in 1998-99 when we led the table up to January.

Let’s not define ourselves against one team only. It’s very small time. 

Yep. It's an inferiority complex we have had ingrained into the club since the days of Ellis and it really needs to go.  Hopefully NSWE are the people to exorcise it.

Offline itbrvilla

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2019, 06:06:56 PM »

Grealish was magnificent, SJM had his moments and sorry but Wesley just ain’t doing it.

Lastly, we’ve some right knob head fans who really need to keep their thoughts inside their tiny thick heads. Twats.
Fuck Brighton. I love the place but when I was studying there in 2005-6 everyone was a Chelsea fan plastic wankers. I didn't meet one native who claimed allegiance to the Guls

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2019, 06:11:38 PM »

Fuck Brighton. I love the place but when I was studying there in 2005-6 everyone was a Chelsea fan plastic wankers. I didn't meet one native who claimed allegiance to the Guls

Different now, they everywhere down here. Walking around Sussex in my Villa top will feel very sweet next few days.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2019, 06:13:55 PM »
Thought Brighton were the much better team 11 v 11, but after the sending off we really took the game by the scruff of the neck for the rest of the first half. Thought we were very pedestrian in the second half against a ten man defence, and Brighton showed they could still move the ball well and threaten us on the break. Thought Jack had his best game of the season so far, but a few were not at their best - AEG, Engels, and even SJG were below par today. Thought Trezeguet made  a real positive difference when he came on, and good cameos from Davis and Luiz. Great goal by Targett with 10 seconds to go, and 3 very valuable points given our next run of fixtures

Haven't seen the replay of the disallowed goal yet, but right or wrong, either way, just fuck VAR - it's destroying the enjoyment of the game. Go wild with celebration then get completely deflated. Every time we score now I'm expecting some nefarious review to disallow it. By the way, who instigates the VAR review? I've hated VAR from the start but the reality is that the money in the game - and the justification for getting every decision scrutinised and dissected - is now more important than the paying customer.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 06:29:20 PM by CJ »

Offline itbrvilla

« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2019, 06:18:11 PM »
I really like the link up between Jack and Doug, feel they are very effective together. Thought Maupay was a real threat. His work rate, stature and ability makes me think of a poor man's Aguero, but think we've missed out.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2019, 06:23:30 PM »
We were above Man United early games of 1995-96 too. We won first two, they lost one. Much longer spell above them in 1998-99 when we led the table up to January.

Let’s not define ourselves against one team only. It’s very small time. 

Yep. It's an inferiority complex we have had ingrained into the club since the days of Ellis and it really needs to go.  Hopefully NSWE are the people to exorcise it.

To be fair, since the early to mid nineties judging your club by Manchester United's standards would be a high bar to set. Not so much these days.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2019, 06:28:55 PM »

What did you hear? Nothing racist I hope

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2019, 06:31:57 PM »
Well, Brighton have still never won at VP, but we were fortunate.

For the third time this season, we failed to handle playing against 10, and again the management didn't react to the opposition changes. We should be able to adapt and take the game to the opposition in those circumstances.

The only time we played well against 10 was at the end of he first half; whatever was discussed at half time had little impact.

We played at such a slow tempo after the break that it played into their hands. I also didn't get taking off Hourihane who was our biggest goal threat,  yet Wesley stayed on again for too long with little effect.

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2019, 06:34:04 PM »

What did you hear? Nothing racist I hope

Homophobic plus general twattery.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2019, 06:41:04 PM »
I love football. It's so relaxing. Not stressful at all.

Ffs.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal