collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

RIP Chico Hamilton by sid1964
[Today at 05:39:02 AM]

Kits 23/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 03:49:06 AM]

Champions League 2024-2025 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 03:37:36 AM]

Season Review 23/24 by adrenachrome
[Today at 01:40:58 AM]

Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome by tomd2103
[Today at 01:19:17 AM]

Press-ing off by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:53:33 AM]

Ollie Watkins by eamonn
[Today at 12:39:13 AM]

Crystal Palace - 5 Aston Beach Boys - 0 Post match thing by Drummond
[Today at 12:38:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: RIP Chico Hamilton by sid1964
[Today at 05:39:02 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 03:49:06 AM]

Re: Champions League 2024-2025 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 03:37:36 AM]

Re: RIP Chico Hamilton by Louzie0
[Today at 01:53:21 AM]

Re: RIP Chico Hamilton by adrenachrome
[Today at 01:50:18 AM]

Re: Season Review 23/24 by adrenachrome
[Today at 01:40:58 AM]

Re: Season Review 23/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:33:41 AM]

Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome by tomd2103
[Today at 01:19:17 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 175957 times)

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: MOTD
« Reply #2265 on: May 07, 2024, 01:59:45 PM »
Not MOTD, but worth reiterating given that there are divs like Joey Barton spouting utter nonsense out there, Lucy Ward is exceptionally good as a summariser and pundit. She knows the game from her coaching career and she clearly does her research and knows about the teams she’s covering.

Her name popped up trending on twitter during the Champs League matches. Most were negative she was on. Mostly her voice which I don't seem to mind. I expect most were Joey Barton supporters though.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2266 on: May 07, 2024, 02:02:27 PM »
Not MOTD, but worth reiterating given that there are divs like Joey Barton spouting utter nonsense out there, Lucy Ward is exceptionally good as a summariser and pundit. She knows the game from her coaching career and she clearly does her research and knows about the teams she’s covering.

Her name popped up trending on twitter during the Champs League matches. Most were negative she was on. Mostly her voice which I don't seem to mind. I expect most were Joey Barton supporters though.

I suspect they are, clearly idiots. She’s very good, very knowledgeable, and clearly has great experience and knowledge from working in the game. Funnily enough heard her on the Guardian Football Weekly podcast this morning and she was talking about Villa and our injuries.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2267 on: May 07, 2024, 03:46:57 PM »
Lucy Ward is a great pundit, and there's nothing wrong with her voice. Unlike commentator Vicki Sparks, who sounds like she's talking with a mouthful of red hot drawing pins.

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #2268 on: May 07, 2024, 03:51:20 PM »
Most of the comments had memes about covering ears, muting, turning over etc once they heard she was on. I assumed her voice but it might be the same as us when hearing Drury is on. So I'm now leaning into it just being Barton supporters.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 08:12:30 PM by Somniloquism »

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2269 on: May 07, 2024, 05:59:57 PM »
Agreed. She's an excellent pundit.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #2270 on: May 09, 2024, 12:58:30 AM »
Despite the defeat, one of the more enjoyable MotD episodes on Sunday.

Roberto De Zerbi was very generous in his comments about our team and manager and Danny Murphy went out of his way to highlight the injuries and depleted levels of energy in the squad.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #2271 on: May 09, 2024, 02:46:59 AM »

Karen Carney is very good as well.
Don't know what channel she is on, there is so much TV football these days.

Offline IFWaters

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #2272 on: May 09, 2024, 07:24:33 AM »

Yes, she is fantastic every time I hear her.

From a Villa perspective, she is one of the very few who has recognised & made the effort to comment on our injury situation.

At times, having to repeat herself to the div sitting next to her who completely ignored her.
She's brilliant, really knows her stuff and does her research. How good would she be on MOTD instead of gurning Micah. Still, it's all about the #bantz.

Offline cdward

« Reply #2273 on: May 09, 2024, 07:58:43 AM »

Karen Carney is very good as well.
Don't know what channel she is on, there is so much TV football these days.
Karen Carney is good, love listening to a real Brummie accent on TV. She's a Bluenose and will often comment that she is one when referencing Villa, but never in a bad way. She knows her football, can read the game well and gives praise and criticism fairly.

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #2274 on: May 14, 2024, 04:42:20 PM »
Garth Crooks earning his crust again with his sharp interpretation of the game.

Jhon Duran (Aston Villa): Well it couldn't have been a worst start for Aston Villa as Emiliano Martinez, who's had an excellent season between the sticks, drops a clanger with the game barely a minute old. From then on it was all Liverpool.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #2275 on: May 14, 2024, 05:08:20 PM »
Garth Crooks earning his crust again with his sharp interpretation of the game.

Jhon Duran (Aston Villa): Well it couldn't have been a worst start for Aston Villa as Emiliano Martinez, who's had an excellent season between the sticks, drops a clanger with the game barely a minute old. From then on it was all Liverpool.
sharp as a banana that lad - apart from the fact he's got his vocal chords where his Sphincter is supposed to be.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal