collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:30:07 PM]

Emi Buendia - Injured by brontebilly
[Today at 09:30:01 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 09:28:55 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV84
[Today at 09:26:23 PM]

NSWE Investment by Bad English
[Today at 08:57:09 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Dante Lavelli
[Today at 08:50:16 PM]

Robin Olsen by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 08:11:59 PM]

Kits 23/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 08:07:36 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 169738 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: MOTD
« Reply #2145 on: April 15, 2024, 10:28:04 AM »
From today's Guardian:

"We’ve read and heard numerous paeans to a three-way title race only for Liverpool and Arsenal to hand control to Manchester City, jeopardising a season’s work and legendary denouement in a single afternoon. Nevertheless, on the face of things this represents an improvement: City can end the season on maximum 91 points, far less troubling than the 98-100 recorded by the league-winners between 2017-18 and 2019-20. This is because the Palaces and Villas of this world – along with nearly every team in the division – have various players able to hurt the best, in theory a good thing but in practice possible mainly because those clubs can outbid more storied European rivals for talent, while the champions-elect, champions in six of the last seven seasons, have links to a nation state with human rights issues. So, while no one can dispute the compelling entertainment of it all – Sunday was another fantastic day of Premier League Football™ – the same problems persist, just in slightly different forms."

Peak patronising.  https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/15/premier-league-10-talking-points-from-the-weekend-football-action

The Villas and Palaces - twat. Two clubs who you really shouldn't be bracketing together as if they're in any way similar.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #2146 on: April 15, 2024, 10:42:07 AM »
Are you deliberately misunderstanding this or are you permanently looking to get angry? It’s a valid point that the strength of the overall division means there are banana skins for all clubs, which is why we look at Sunday vs Bournemouth as a risk.
He put Palace with Villa as we both won yesterday against the title chasers.
Lighten up.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #2147 on: April 15, 2024, 10:46:18 AM »
It was all going well until they showed Enckleman. What's that? Only 21 years ago?

It was a compilation of bad keeper mistakes in the prem era so……

Tbh I was expecting to come here to see people raising shearers really poor mention of our name when stating ‘West Ham are probably in their top position of being the best of the rest, apart from Aston Villa”, not seeing an encklemann clip when my first fault on seeing the goalie mistake was it was a bit like it.

I switched off after I'd seen us, so missed the keeper errors. Was there a bad error today/yesterday?

My Dad hates Shearer, but I always find him very complimentary about us.

Thought the analysis was balanced erring towards generous. They spoke about what we did well and not what Arsenal failed at.

Really bad error by the Burnley keeper v Brighton on Saturday

That was a enkleman mark 2. But i still dont get how that enklemen goal stood as it was from a throw on

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2148 on: April 15, 2024, 10:48:16 AM »
Are you deliberately misunderstanding this or are you permanently looking to get angry? It’s a valid point that the strength of the overall division means there are banana skins for all clubs, which is why we look at Sunday vs Bournemouth as a risk.
Lighten up.

This thread is the place where people come to have a bit of a moan about media coverage - maybe you should give it a swerve?

If the tone of the article doesn't get your heckles up a bit, I salute you. 

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2149 on: April 15, 2024, 10:49:57 AM »
Because Ellery can see a keeper make a very very fine touch of a ball from the halfway line whilst looking the opposite direction. And also Encklemann was too shit to even make out he hadn't touched it and reacted like he had personally booted it in.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #2150 on: April 15, 2024, 10:53:41 AM »
Lighten up.

This thread is the place where people come to have a bit of a moan about media coverage - maybe you should give it a swerve?

Fair enough but surely our mentality should be to enjoy the win not have a chip on our shoulders?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2151 on: April 15, 2024, 10:54:19 AM »
Elleray the absolute moron bottled it big time that night. 

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2152 on: April 15, 2024, 10:56:37 AM »
Lighten up.

Fair enough but surely our mentality should be to enjoy the win not have a chip on our shoulders?

There's quite a few people in the comments below the article taking issue with it, because it's ridiculous and ignorant.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2153 on: April 15, 2024, 10:57:03 AM »
Because Ellery can see a keeper make a very very fine touch of a ball from the halfway line whilst looking the opposite direction. And also Encklemann was too shit to even make out he hadn't touched it and reacted like he had personally booted it in.

Enckelman probably didn't know the rule.

Online Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #2154 on: April 15, 2024, 10:59:01 AM »
Lighten up.

Probably not the place to look for that

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2155 on: April 15, 2024, 11:01:12 AM »
Lighten up.

Yeah definitely.  I think most of us are ecstatic after yesterday - as good a performance and result from any Villa team I've seen. 

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2156 on: April 15, 2024, 11:19:20 AM »
There's no club in Europe/anywhere more "storied" than us, that's the one objection I'd have.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2157 on: April 15, 2024, 04:10:04 PM »
From today's Guardian:

"We’ve read and heard numerous paeans to a three-way title race only for Liverpool and Arsenal to hand control to Manchester City, jeopardising a season’s work and legendary denouement in a single afternoon. Nevertheless, on the face of things this represents an improvement: City can end the season on maximum 91 points, far less troubling than the 98-100 recorded by the league-winners between 2017-18 and 2019-20. This is because the Palaces and Villas of this world – along with nearly every team in the division – have various players able to hurt the best, in theory a good thing but in practice possible mainly because those clubs can outbid more storied European rivals for talent, while the champions-elect, champions in six of the last seven seasons, have links to a nation state with human rights issues. So, while no one can dispute the compelling entertainment of it all – Sunday was another fantastic day of Premier League Football™ – the same problems persist, just in slightly different forms."

Peak patronising.  https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/15/premier-league-10-talking-points-from-the-weekend-football-action

The Villas and Palaces - twat. Two clubs who you really shouldn't be bracketing together as if they're in any way similar.

There is a link.... Palace played in Claret and Blue until the 1973...

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2158 on: April 15, 2024, 05:04:46 PM »
Lighten up.

That's the way I read it as well. Isn't he saying that 'slip ups' are more likely to happen in the league than in europe due to the financial strength of all in it.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2159 on: April 15, 2024, 07:28:20 PM »
There is that, but I think the main contention point is they are claiming a top 3 side losing to 14th is on par with a top 3 side losing to the 4th side.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal