collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 174790 times)

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Re: MOTD
« Reply #1875 on: February 27, 2024, 08:40:06 PM »
May have been mentioned elsewhere, but I see that the BBC has now signed up and is making a song and dance about having signed up Wayne Rooney as a pundit. The first time we will get to hear the wisdom and wit of pundit Wayne will be as part of the BBC's coverage of the FA Cup tie between Notts Forest and - wait for it - Manchester United.

Every TV football match I've ever seen has had pundits that played for one or both of the teams playing. What's the problem with this?

It's ok if they have an ex-Forest figure in the studio (and I don't mean Roy Keane) but they probably won't.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1876 on: February 27, 2024, 08:50:12 PM »
And if there isn't, who dies? Which fire will be started? This is football, not a general election.

Online coreyfeldman

« Reply #1877 on: February 27, 2024, 08:50:50 PM »
Why is it not OK?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1878 on: February 27, 2024, 08:51:21 PM »
May have been mentioned elsewhere, but I see that the BBC has now signed up and is making a song and dance about having signed up Wayne Rooney as a pundit. The first time we will get to hear the wisdom and wit of pundit Wayne will be as part of the BBC's coverage of the FA Cup tie between Notts Forest and - wait for it - Manchester United.

Every TV football match I've ever seen has had pundits that played for one or both of the teams playing. What's the problem with this?

It's ok if they have an ex-Forest figure in the studio (and I don't mean Roy Keane) but they probably won't.

Teddy Sheringham?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1879 on: February 27, 2024, 08:54:08 PM »
It's blatant 'big 6' bias, which is why it pisses a lot of people off.

Offline charlatan

« Reply #1880 on: February 27, 2024, 08:54:57 PM »
Teddy Sheringham?

Edward for the night?

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #1881 on: February 27, 2024, 09:00:09 PM »
For my own peace of mind, I really, really wish that all the broadcasters would release a joint statement saying something like this: "it's not bias towards the 'big six'. It's naked capitalism. Many more people give a shit about those six clubs. We couldn't give a shit. If your shit club suddenly found loads of new supporters, we'd pander to your petty fucking grievances too (not that you'll be satisfied by that, because that's literally not possible). We don't care about any club. We care about money. Live with it, because it isn't changing until you fucking do."
https://www.si.com/fannation/soccer/futbol/features/premier-league-clubs-ranked-by-social-media-followers

Edit: and while I'm at it, I'd want them to add: "we have no obligation to be impartial. We're not BBC News. We've paid a lot of money to show these games and we'd like to see a fucking return on that investment if that's OK with you? And if you're a fucking Southampton fan, that's your fucking problem, you sad twat. Here's a fucking Spurs match."
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 09:09:29 PM by Sexual Ealing »

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1882 on: February 27, 2024, 09:13:08 PM »
But you're only saying all that because you love Spurs.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #1883 on: February 27, 2024, 09:14:25 PM »
Oh

When

The

Spurs

I can't go on and I now follow Southampton.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1884 on: February 27, 2024, 09:56:35 PM »
That slow Spurs chant is the absolute fucking worst thing in football.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #1885 on: February 27, 2024, 10:03:02 PM »

No, people who think the TV companies support football teams is the worst thing in football. It's like thinking the sun (not, you'll note, The Sun) prefers the Canary Islands.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1886 on: February 27, 2024, 10:05:17 PM »

I can't stand the basic Arsenal one. Just "Are-su-null" over and over again in a really moody, cockney accent.

Online VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1887 on: February 27, 2024, 10:15:58 PM »

I can't stand the basic Arsenal one. Just "Are-su-null" over and over again in a really moody, cockney accent.
Up there with the Chelsea chant

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1888 on: February 28, 2024, 08:47:49 AM »
For my own peace of mind, I really, really wish that all the broadcasters would release a joint statement saying something like this: "it's not bias towards the 'big six'. It's naked capitalism. Many more people give a shit about those six clubs. We couldn't give a shit. If your shit club suddenly found loads of new supporters, we'd pander to your petty fucking grievances too (not that you'll be satisfied by that, because that's literally not possible). We don't care about any club. We care about money. Live with it, because it isn't changing until you fucking do."
https://www.si.com/fannation/soccer/futbol/features/premier-league-clubs-ranked-by-social-media-followers

Edit: and while I'm at it, I'd want them to add: "we have no obligation to be impartial. We're not BBC News. We've paid a lot of money to show these games and we'd like to see a fucking return on that investment if that's OK with you? And if you're a fucking Southampton fan, that's your fucking problem, you sad twat. Here's a fucking Spurs match."
This is fantastic.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1889 on: February 28, 2024, 08:55:40 AM »

It's been superseded by the Arsenal 'anthem'.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal