collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 169750 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: MOTD
« Reply #1680 on: January 01, 2024, 09:20:14 PM »
I am always surprised he doesn’t get the main pundit roles

He doesn't guffaw enough.

It disproves the theory Micah is only there to "fill a quota". There are clearly better black pundits out there than him,

Yes, Liam Rosenior for one, but he’s doing a decent job in management.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1681 on: January 01, 2024, 10:13:02 PM »
Anybody is better than the twat that is Micah Richards

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #1682 on: January 01, 2024, 11:26:27 PM »
Another shout out for Nedum Onuoha, very insightful pundit. Jobi McAnuff is decent as well

Offline Le Lapin

• GM : 14.10.2022
« Reply #1683 on: January 01, 2024, 11:34:41 PM »
Michael Richards just grinds my gears só much. He's probably a sound guy  but I just get past the fact the was such a waster for Villa when he was hanging with that other waster Gabby. 

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #1684 on: January 01, 2024, 11:35:01 PM »
Another shout out for Nedum Onuoha, very insightful pundit. Jobi McAnuff is decent as well

Yeah, great shout. I really like McAnuff.

He used to be a must have purchase on Championship Manager, lol...

Offline charlatan

« Reply #1685 on: January 01, 2024, 11:38:45 PM »
There's clearly a tendency to select pundits who have played for successful teams which has a negative impact on the quality of mainstream punditry.

On Richards, I guess people like enthusiasm. Keown and Murphy are often criticised for coming across as morose, but not smiling is fine by me.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1686 on: January 01, 2024, 11:40:20 PM »
There's clearly a tendency to select pundits who have played for successful teams which has a negative impact on the quality of mainstream punditry.

On Richards, I guess people like enthusiasm. Keown and Murphy are often criticised for coming across as morose, but not smiling is fine by me.

I'm surprised by this.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1687 on: January 01, 2024, 11:46:13 PM »
Michael Richards just grinds my gears só much. He's probably a sound guy  but I just get past the fact the was such a waster for Villa when he was hanging with that other waster Gabby. 

I can forget his involvement with us, but on telly he's a fucking nightmare, he's just a clown from the Savage mould, all exaggerated laughs and godawful 'bantz' with Shearer and Lineker.

I lasted about three minutes of that podcast they've started, for that reason.

Online danno

« Reply #1688 on: January 01, 2024, 11:54:34 PM »
My only observation from this weekends motd was how Paul Robinson appears to be rapidly transforming into Chris Wilder.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1689 on: January 02, 2024, 12:03:01 AM »

It disproves the theory Micah is only there to "fill a quota". There are clearly better black pundits out there than him, I just think Micah is there for the TikTok twats.

I've only seen that theory put forward once or twice on here. My theory with Richards is that people in football like having him around (strange as that might seem). Not only do Lineker and Shearer include him on their 'Top Ten' shows, but the social media posts from other Villa players seemed genuinely warm when he left us (considering he'd contributed sod all for 4 years).

Offline LeonW

« Reply #1690 on: January 02, 2024, 12:30:58 AM »
Cannot stand Richards. Awful pundit, never offers anything insightful and when he starts cackling away it makes me instantly want to mute or switch off whatever he’s on.

Online Baldy

« Reply #1691 on: January 02, 2024, 07:02:14 AM »
Cannot stand Richards. Awful pundit, never offers anything insightful and when he starts cackling away it makes me instantly want to mute or switch off whatever he’s on.

Ditto

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #1692 on: January 02, 2024, 08:42:52 AM »
I'd say most people would understand a grammar school to be selective entry and state funded. Otherwise it's just an independent school that's chosen to have or retain 'grammar' in it's name.

But despite the filthy privilege I'd also say Nedum O's one of the better pundits, though that's not saying a lot.
I'd say most people would understand a grammar school to be selective entry and state funded. Otherwise it's just an independent school that's chosen to have or retain 'grammar' in it's name.

But despite the filthy privilege I'd also say Nedum O's one of the better pundits, though that's not saying a lot.
I went to a Grammar school, on a scholarship, no spare money for "enhanced" education & I would not have been there otherwise.

My annual results where always analysed to ensure I was up to the required standard for scholarship renewal, and one year it was poor which resulted in summer holiday homework that needed to be handed in first day of returning to school - fortunately it met the standard and I was allowed to continue.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1693 on: January 02, 2024, 10:49:43 AM »

It disproves the theory Micah is only there to "fill a quota". There are clearly better black pundits out there than him,

Yes, Liam Rosenior for one, but he’s doing a decent job in management.
Rosenior is pretty much the best pundit I've seen.  Knowledgable, insightful and articulate. I'm glad he's doing a job in management, but it's TV's loss.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1694 on: January 02, 2024, 10:52:14 AM »

Yeah, great shout. I really like McAnuff.

He used to be a must have purchase on Championship Manager, lol...

He is good and he was very good on a few versions of that game!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal