collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 169604 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: MOTD
« Reply #1530 on: December 19, 2023, 03:07:41 PM »
Wrong side of the Pennines entirely, Yorkshire lot are far too tight for anything philanthropic!

Online Simon Page

« Reply #1531 on: December 19, 2023, 04:02:31 PM »
While hipster crisps should really get in the bin...

You should have quit whilst you were ahead.

Too many people on here are reading the label while not tasting the contents. A bit like when we're asked to vote. Give it a go. When you've stopped the half hour involuntary shudder, you'll never look at a Tayto (or whatever) again.

Once more, I apologise to anyone not capable of looking beyo...

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1532 on: December 19, 2023, 04:06:49 PM »
This has been my favourite thread of the year. Genuine lols from countless posts. Congratulations to one and all. Let's never, ever change.

UTBM

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1533 on: December 19, 2023, 04:51:10 PM »

Late shout out here for Jacobs Crinkly Cheese and Onion Mini Cheddars.

Why are you bringing biscuits into the crisp chat?!

If you were around last night you’d have seen all sorts of snacks. Fish ‘n’ Chips, Pork Pies with Pickle, Cornwalls tradition of Pickled Eggs in Salt & Vinegar Crisps (which I’m now going to have to try), the almighty and not seen for years Branston Pickle Mini Cheddars, Ferrero Rocher. Also the champion of all crisps, pickled onion Monster Munch or Space Invaders are really not real crisps.

Edit: how could I forget but Ads has a theory regarding pickled onion crisps and early hair loss. :)

It’s worth scrolling back to where it all began with VillaTim and his views of Lineker.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 04:52:41 PM by Ian. »

Offline AV84

« Reply #1534 on: December 19, 2023, 04:52:29 PM »

It’s worth scrolling back to where it all began with VillaTim and his views of Lineker.

Shame Footy isn't around to see the very organic off-topicing of a thread.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1535 on: December 19, 2023, 04:59:26 PM »

I reckon at least 2 of them would've been hospitalised by the stress of how off topic things went.

Offline AV84

« Reply #1536 on: December 19, 2023, 05:04:34 PM »

I reckon at least 2 of them would've been hospitalised by the stress of how off topic things went.

One would have known the stats on which flavour most Premier League winning players preferred.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1537 on: December 19, 2023, 05:21:07 PM »

One would have known the stats on which flavour most Premier League winning players preferred.

He'd have had Matty 'Warcrimes' Cash out the door on the back of his penchant for Cheese & Onion Squares.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #1538 on: December 19, 2023, 05:36:17 PM »
I don't know if they're still a thing but I remember when a brand of crisps called Golden Wonder were introduced.  They were the mankiest, dirty things anyone ever put into a packet.  They were made from what must have been spuds that had been left to rot underground and when they eventually made it to the factory they must have bypassed the person/machine that cut out the eyes and chopped off the rotten bits and went straight into the fryer.  Horrible things.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1539 on: December 19, 2023, 05:37:17 PM »
I don't know if they're still a thing but I remember when a brand of crisps called Golden Wonder were introduced.  They were the mankiest, dirty things anyone ever put into a packet.  They were made from what must have been spuds that had been left to rot underground and when they eventually made it to the factory they must have bypassed the person/machine that cut out the eyes and chopped off the rotten bits and went straight into the fryer.  Horrible things.

You can still get them.

Offline dave shelley

« Reply #1540 on: December 19, 2023, 05:40:14 PM »
Surely not!  Ugh!

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1541 on: December 19, 2023, 05:43:04 PM »
Yep, someone already mentioned their chip shop curry flavour. I forgot they also did Transform-a-snack as well.

BTW, they are now owned by Tayto.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1542 on: December 19, 2023, 05:44:32 PM »

He'd have had Matty 'Warcrimes' Cash out the door on the back of his penchant for Cheese & Onion Squares.

Chicken Goebbels, his favourites. Bad person, he's a bad person.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1543 on: December 19, 2023, 05:47:41 PM »
On the B&M having fun snacks topic from upthread, I popped in earlier for my Christmas beef dripping, and they had a knock off version of Scampi Fries which I'd not seen before.

Not as good as the proper ones, but perfectly solid for 6-for-a-pound.

And made better by not being padded out by the pointless Frazzles-alikes that come with the Smiths ones.

Offline dave shelley

« Reply #1544 on: December 19, 2023, 05:52:05 PM »
Yep, someone already mentioned their chip shop curry flavour. I forgot they also did Transform-a-snack as well.

BTW, they are now owned by Tayto.

I didn't know any of that.  Donning tin hat, I don't like Tayto either.  The missus loves 'em.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal