collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 174875 times)

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: MOTD
« Reply #1455 on: December 19, 2023, 12:07:32 AM »
They're great. Also Baci di Perugina, also Nutella do little bars and things now which rule...Italy has a lot of top chocolate, which makes up for their crisp game in which they're literally unaware of the existence of flavours beyond 'crisps'.

My main memory of day to day food buying in Italy was how it was impossible to buy bread from a supermarket which was not hard.

My theory is it's a conspiracy with the bakeries, who are all actually part-owned in secret by Crai or someone.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1456 on: December 19, 2023, 12:08:01 AM »
I haven’t seen Branston Pickle flavoured mini cheddars in years. That was always a great moment when they were in the crisp aisle.

Pork & Pickle pies have rendered standard Pork pies dead to me as well.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1457 on: December 19, 2023, 12:08:56 AM »
They're great. Also Baci di Perugina, also Nutella do little bars and things now which rule...Italy has a lot of top chocolate, which makes up for their crisp game in which they're literally unaware of the existence of flavours beyond 'crisps'.

My main memory of day to day food buying in Italy was how it was impossible to buy bread from a supermarket which was not hard.

My theory is it's a conspiracy with the bakeries, who are all actually part-owned in secret by Crai or someone.

Do MS cigarettes still exist?

Always thought it was quite cool to have a state owned cigarette manufacturer.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1458 on: December 19, 2023, 12:09:38 AM »
I was going to have an early night tonight as well, but no, I'll spend the evening  pissing myself laughing at snack based posts on a thread ostensibly about MOTD instead.

Haha, see Lineker is a decent man after all for providing this nights entertainment.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1459 on: December 19, 2023, 12:10:07 AM »
I haven’t seen Branston Pickle flavoured mini cheddars in years. That was always a great moment when they were in the crisp aisle.

The day there's enough pickle in a pork & pickle pie will be the day I retire from this planet.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1460 on: December 19, 2023, 12:11:30 AM »

Before bastard Covid, our Sainsburys had a deli counter and they made the best pork pie with pickle. I used to drop my lad at boxing and go straight there for a glorious snack.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1461 on: December 19, 2023, 12:11:36 AM »
Definitely seeing a correlation between weird snack choices and hair loss. This thread is like the Zapurder film for uncovering the truth.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1462 on: December 19, 2023, 12:12:41 AM »

They do but they were privatised, in 2004 apparently. Shame, as that really was peak Italian policy (sell the cigarettes and use the funds to treat the people who bought the cigarettes in the first place).

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1463 on: December 19, 2023, 12:13:35 AM »
I'm just pleased to have found someone else who understands the glory of pickled eggs.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #1464 on: December 19, 2023, 12:15:22 AM »

They do but they were privatised, in 2004 apparently. Shame, as that really was peak Italian policy (sell the cigarettes and use the funds to treat the people who bought the cigarettes in the first place).

That's not mental, and is the reason why the UK should legalise all drugs.

Offline Rodders

• GM : 30.08.2024
« Reply #1465 on: December 19, 2023, 12:15:52 AM »
My best mate at university was from Cornwall. One weekend, a load of us went down there for a long weekend.

We were surprised to see multiple occasions of people in pubs ordering a pickled egg (pickled eggs are fucking amazing, mind) and a bag of salt and vinegar crisps, and then dropping the egg into the crisps for consumption.

Then we tried it, and understood why. Brilliant.

Rodders, of this parish, has a way of doctoring a packet of pork scratchings with Tabasco and Worcester Sauce that would leave any red-blooded man hyperventilating for more. Hell of a guy.

Snacks alchemy.

Snalchemy

I spent six years as the better half of a double Michelin starred restaurateuse, yet my hot hairy hog never made it to the menu. It takes a man of Paddy's impeccable taste to recognise its greatness: her loss and very much his gain.

Once Paulie and I have Snalchemy established I hope we will launch a school where talented young uns cam.learn more. The Snalchademy has a lovely ring to it. Or so long as that leftie shithouse Linikar hasn't personally closed down all private educational facilities by then, anyway.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1466 on: December 19, 2023, 12:16:28 AM »
Definitely seeing a correlation between weird snack choices and hair loss. This thread is like the Zapurder film for uncovering the truth.

That's funny as my hair is receding back and to the left.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1467 on: December 19, 2023, 12:17:08 AM »

*narrows eyes*

We're through the looking glass.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #1468 on: December 19, 2023, 12:18:34 AM »
My best mate at university was from Cornwall. One weekend, a load of us went down there for a long weekend.

We were surprised to see multiple occasions of people in pubs ordering a pickled egg (pickled eggs are fucking amazing, mind) and a bag of salt and vinegar crisps, and then dropping the egg into the crisps for consumption.

Then we tried it, and understood why. Brilliant.

Rodders, of this parish, has a way of doctoring a packet of pork scratchings with Tabasco and Worcester Sauce that would leave any red-blooded man hyperventilating for more. Hell of a guy.

Snacks alchemy.

Snalchemy

I spent six years as the better half of a double Michelin starred restaurateuse, yet my hot hairy hog never made it to the menu. It takes a man of Paddy's impeccable taste to recognise its greatness: her loss and very much his gain.

Once Paulie and I have Snalchemy established I hope we will launch a school where talented young uns cam.learn more. The Snalchademy has a lovely ring to it. Or so long as that leftie shithouse Linikar hasn't personally closed down all private educational facilities by then, anyway.

Isn't it a bit right-wing to advocate for pig-snacks?

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #1469 on: December 19, 2023, 12:19:43 AM »

*narrows eyes*

We're through the looking glass.

Baldness is like bankruptcy, it happens slowly, then all-at-once.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal