collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 02:49:05 PM]

Emi Buendia - Injured by Olneythelonely
[Today at 02:47:15 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 02:45:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 02:43:04 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by Risso
[Today at 02:38:45 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 02:33:34 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Olneythelonely
[Today at 02:32:02 PM]

Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 02:08:23 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 02:49:05 PM]

Re: Emi Buendia - Injured by Olneythelonely
[Today at 02:47:15 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 02:45:55 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 02:43:04 PM]

Re: Joe Gauci - Signed by Risso
[Today at 02:38:45 PM]

Re: Emi Buendia - Injured by Somniloquism
[Today at 02:36:13 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 02:33:34 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Olneythelonely
[Today at 02:32:02 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 169625 times)

Offline AV84

Re: MOTD
« Reply #1425 on: December 18, 2023, 11:47:25 PM »

although when i lived in Italy, I used to love those intense coffee flavoured ones they did, and the cherry ones too, can't remember their name.

Oh, hang on, Pocket Coffee. That's it.

Italy have little sweets called Bacci (?) that are chocolate and hazelnut but I think without the Nuttela. I don't even like chocolate but I'd kill for those little things.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1426 on: December 18, 2023, 11:47:58 PM »
Now who remembers Flanagans Beef and Mustard. I think that was the brand? What a crisp that was.

Excellent for clearing your sinuses. Better than Sudafed.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1427 on: December 18, 2023, 11:48:05 PM »
Now who remembers Flanagans Beef and Mustard. I think that was the brand? What a crisp that was.

Actually it was Brannigans.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #1428 on: December 18, 2023, 11:50:14 PM »

although when i lived in Italy, I used to love those intense coffee flavoured ones they did, and the cherry ones too, can't remember their name.

Italy have little sweets called Bacci (?) that are chocolate and hazelnut but I think without the Nuttela. I don't even like chocolate but I'd kill for those little things.

They never really did it for me. I'd eat them but they're not real top division things.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1429 on: December 18, 2023, 11:50:37 PM »
My best mate at university was from Cornwall. One weekend, a load of us went down there for a long weekend.

We were surprised to see multiple occasions of people in pubs ordering a pickled egg (pickled eggs are fucking amazing, mind) and a bag of salt and vinegar crisps, and then dropping the egg into the crisps for consumption.

Then we tried it, and understood why. Brilliant.

I'm the only person I know that likes pickled eggs (until now), but they're magic with a bag of chips after several pints.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #1430 on: December 18, 2023, 11:50:59 PM »

Actually it was Brannigans.

They'd certainly test your Self Control.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1431 on: December 18, 2023, 11:52:12 PM »
My best mate at university was from Cornwall. One weekend, a load of us went down there for a long weekend.

We were surprised to see multiple occasions of people in pubs ordering a pickled egg (pickled eggs are fucking amazing, mind) and a bag of salt and vinegar crisps, and then dropping the egg into the crisps for consumption.

Rodders, of this parish, has a way of doctoring a packet of pork scratchings with Tabasco and Worcester Sauce that would leave any red-blooded man hyperventilating for more. Hell of a guy.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #1432 on: December 18, 2023, 11:52:15 PM »

I'm the only person I know that likes pickled eggs (until now), but they're magic with a bag of chips after several pints.

Yes absolutely they are.

My Mrs finds it incredible that I like them. One of those little differences that show I was brought up in Hall Green and she Solihull.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1433 on: December 18, 2023, 11:52:18 PM »
Pickled eggs are lovely.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1434 on: December 18, 2023, 11:52:32 PM »
Where do we stand on Scampi fries, the Ferrero Rocher of deep fried snacks?

Ferrero Rocher because nobody could actually stand them?

How could *anybody* not like Ferrero Rocher!?

When I split up with my wife, she fucked off to work for Ferrero Rocher in Luxembourg.

So whenever I think of FR, I think of her sour fucking face.

That's how I manage not to like them.

Pocket Coffee is extremely still a thing.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #1435 on: December 18, 2023, 11:53:02 PM »

Rodders, of this parish, has a way of doctoring a packet of pork scratchings with Tabasco and Worcester Sauce that would leave any red-blooded man hyperventilating for more. Hell of a guy.

Snacks alchemy.

Snalchemy

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #1436 on: December 18, 2023, 11:53:18 PM »
Where do we stand on Scampi fries, the Ferrero Rocher of deep fried snacks?

Ferrero Rocher because nobody could actually stand them?

How could *anybody* not like Ferrero Rocher!?

When I split up with my wife, she fucked off to work for Ferrero Rocher in Luxembourg.

So whenever I think of FR, I think of her sour fucking face.

That's how I manage not to like them.

Pocket Coffee is extremely still a thing.

They're fucking awesome.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1437 on: December 18, 2023, 11:53:39 PM »
I noticed Fish N Chips flavour crisps were at the garage the other day, now that’s another fine pack of crisps.

Remember when it used to be a small biscuit type of snack?

That’s them, are they not that now?

Because you said crisp, I thought they had changed. Personally didn't like them because they were little biscuits and I had chocolate covered animals if I wanted biscuits.

You've got the Fish N Chips brand of snack, which isn't fish and chips flavoured (although they might have done that in the day).

Small, Mini Cheddar style biscuits. Usually salt and vinegar flavoured. Although I had pickled onion ones in the house recently.

All fine, but League One level at best.

Thats the one. Non-league for me.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1438 on: December 18, 2023, 11:54:05 PM »
I like the Roysters steak crisps, you can still get them in B&M. They used to do large peanuts back in the 90's as well and they were sensationally good but they disappeared and I can't find any evidence of them on the internet.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1439 on: December 18, 2023, 11:55:06 PM »

They never really did it for me. I'd eat them but they're not real top division things.

Whenever I go to Italy and get snacks I spot some form of amaretti and never look further.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal