collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Emi Buendia - Injured by The Edge
[Today at 09:09:05 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 09:00:08 PM]

NSWE Investment by Bad English
[Today at 08:57:09 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Monty
[Today at 08:55:32 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Dante Lavelli
[Today at 08:50:16 PM]

Robin Olsen by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 08:11:59 PM]

Kits 23/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 08:07:36 PM]

Official Website by martin o`who??
[Today at 08:03:31 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Emi Buendia - Injured by The Edge
[Today at 09:09:05 PM]

Re: Emi Buendia - Injured by eamonn
[Today at 09:03:41 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 09:00:08 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Bad English
[Today at 08:57:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Monty
[Today at 08:55:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 08:54:56 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Dante Lavelli
[Today at 08:54:48 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 08:54:21 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 169734 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: MOTD
« Reply #1350 on: December 18, 2023, 11:24:52 PM »
I might get lambasted for even asking this but do they still make those plain crisps with the little blue salt bag inside? Crisps, lightly salted for the more delicate caring tongue and discerning palate.
yes, from Smiths (i think) who also do Scampi Fries and Bacon Rashers , they are like Superfoods of the crisp world

I still buy them, Salt and Shake.

They're not Smiths, though, they're Walkers.

My Mrs tries to stop me buying them, she reckons she finds the little blue packets all over the house.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1351 on: December 18, 2023, 11:25:19 PM »
The rule re pickled onion crisps is that, if a product has that flavour available, it is their best.

Like Space Raiders.

But then you have Pickled Onion Monster Munch, but also Roast Beef monster munch so fails on that side.

Anyway, Smokey Bacon is the best, especially if the snack is shaped like bacon rashers.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1352 on: December 18, 2023, 11:25:54 PM »
You can tell who the Nazis are on here by their lack of hair and their predilection for Pickled Onion crisps.

they're worse than fucking nazis, I could share a lift with a nazi...

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1353 on: December 18, 2023, 11:26:27 PM »
I might get lambasted for even asking this but do they still make those plain crisps with the little blue salt bag inside? Crisps, lightly salted for the more delicate caring tongue and discerning palate.
yes, from Smiths (i think) who also do Scampi Fries and Bacon Rashers , they are like Superfoods of the crisp world

I still buy them, Salt and Shake.

They're not Smiths, though, they're Walkers.

My Mrs tries to stop me buying them, she reckons she finds the little blue packets all over the house.
they were Smiths though til Linekers lot bought them . W*****R

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1354 on: December 18, 2023, 11:26:44 PM »
Beef Monster Munch were lovely when they first launched back in the day, then they changed the flavour and they were shit.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #1355 on: December 18, 2023, 11:27:05 PM »
The rule re pickled onion crisps is that, if a product has that flavour available, it is their best.

Like Space Raiders.

But then you have Pickled Onion Monster Munch, but also Roast Beef monster munch so fails on that side.

Anyway, Smokey Bacon is the best, especially if the snack is shaped like bacon rashers.

Good point, well made, but sadly, I can confirm you are wrong on that one.

Whilst I love Roast Beef Monster Munch, too, the pickled onion ones have the added benefit that they're at times almost painful to eat (roof of mouth irritation, back of throat aggrevation).

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1356 on: December 18, 2023, 11:27:13 PM »

These are the ones I remember as a nipper a bag of them and a glass bottle of coke with a shit paper straw and stuck outside a pub hours.

Yep superb. Loved those. Truth be told I’m still a bastard for plain crisps. There is a brand here called Miss Vickie’s. A kettle crisp with a delightful crunch in every bite. Throw in a cheese or spicy dip and it’s a winner.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1357 on: December 18, 2023, 11:27:41 PM »
Last year Aldi had some pigs in blanket flavour crisps that were the shape of Wotsits. They were nice.

I reckon they might have been the sausage roll ones. If so, I bought a pack in Coventry Aldi a week ago.

Like a Wotsit but the size of your thumb, and really good.

You could be right, either way they were very nice.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1358 on: December 18, 2023, 11:28:07 PM »
Ah, you're a bigot then.
Interesting how name calling / making assumptions about people is deemed ok when it suits.

What is it about human rights that you object to?

Careful that you don't fall off that moral high ground.  Who mentioned human rights?
But what gives you the right to brand / name call someone who may not have the same view as you....that's very right wing don't you think?

No.

I get that you're not very clever, and I guess that's not your fault, but you've made some logical leaps there.

I mentioned human rights. I don't have the time or inclination to Google the various controversies around Gary Lineker's tweets, but from memory, they're mostly to do with fair treatment of refugees, the feeding of poor children and Russian money influencing UK government policy. These are all human rights issues. That's why I mentioned human rights.

You are a poster who continually moans about keeping sport and politics separate. Why is that (I know the answer to this, by the way)? And what is your problem with the concept of people having human rights?

You also ought to stop calling other people scum (I know you haven't done that in any of the quoted remarks, but you do), but then I guess you have a human right to do so, even if it doesn't reflect particularly well on you.

Wow, that's me told. I did not know how much you followed what I said so much. If you know the answer to my question then add mind reading to your sanctimonious skill set.

Yes, I will. Are we talking about my skills in sanctimony, or my general sklilset, all of which you consider to be sanctimonious - things like balance, punctuality, skimming stones and dancing with women?

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1359 on: December 18, 2023, 11:28:23 PM »

Like Space Raiders.
When we last meet up for a game of cards and had to take snacks I took a giant bag of Pickled Onion Space Raiders, bloody marvellous. I love those cheap shit crisps.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1360 on: December 18, 2023, 11:28:34 PM »
The Christmas sarnies are an abomination by the way and a strong signifier of a culture laid to waste.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1361 on: December 18, 2023, 11:28:38 PM »

Like Space Raiders.

Good point, well made, but sadly, I can confirm you are wrong on that one.

Whilst I love Roast Beef Monster Munch, too, the pickled onion ones have the added benefit that they're at times almost painful to eat (roof of mouth irritation, back of throat aggrevation).

Sounds like Max Mosely's idea of a good crisp. And we all know who his dad was. You fash! You pickled onion eating fascist.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1362 on: December 18, 2023, 11:28:48 PM »
The day I start to choose salted over other options is the day I'll admit I'm middle-aged.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #1363 on: December 18, 2023, 11:28:57 PM »
Beef Monster Munch were lovely when they first launched back in the day, then they changed the flavour and they were shit.

The worst 'changing how we make them' in the snack world in recent years is the total fucking ruination of Twiglets by changing their production method, and CROWING ABOUT IT on the packaging, to such an extent they've rendered them inedible.

And before anyone says otherwise, Twiglets were amongst the kings of the festive snack sector.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1364 on: December 18, 2023, 11:29:15 PM »

Walkers Beef and Onion went the same way sadly.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal