collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 169596 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: MOTD
« Reply #1320 on: December 18, 2023, 11:16:36 PM »
A few weeks ago we were in a farm shop and bought some Tyrell's balsamic root vegetable crisps. They were, quiet simply, the finest snacks ever, even better than hairy scratchings.

Our local Sainsburys sells those.

I find them totally unacceptable.

I think we can discount your contribution to the crisp debate:

Talking of McCoys, their Chip Shop Curry Sauce flavour are fucking brilliant.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1321 on: December 18, 2023, 11:16:49 PM »
This sounds dumb, but years ago I remember M&S had a new flavour of crisps that was - baked potato flavour. I know, it sounds dumb. But they were the best crisps I ever had.

This. This. This. This. E-fucking-mense.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1322 on: December 18, 2023, 11:16:51 PM »
Last year Aldi had some pigs in blanket flavour crisps that were the shape of Wotsits. They were nice.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1323 on: December 18, 2023, 11:17:14 PM »
This sounds dumb, but years ago I remember M&S had a new flavour of crisps that was - baked potato flavour. I know, it sounds dumb. But they were the best crisps I ever had.

You wouldn't have liked them quite so much if they were called Baked Himmler, WOULD YOU? Or Paprika Von Schirach?

Oh no, though, it's all fine with your left wing potato flavours.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1324 on: December 18, 2023, 11:17:44 PM »
A few weeks ago we were in a farm shop and bought some Tyrell's balsamic root vegetable crisps. They were, quiet simply, the finest snacks ever, even better than hairy scratchings.

They're very good I agree. Tyrells are my brand of choice, they do the best salt and vinegar and the new-ish black garlic and sour cream flavour (in a purple packet) is fantastic.

Offline AV84

« Reply #1325 on: December 18, 2023, 11:18:10 PM »
One of the fancy Irish brands had a black pudding flavour for a while, and they were amazing.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1326 on: December 18, 2023, 11:18:11 PM »
I've never heard of it, not seen it, less eaten it and I understand 8th century Saint puns. Dafuq do you make sauce out of bread? Sounds like slang for thrush.

It's basically soggy bread with onions and a bit of seasoning. Absolutely vile and features on nearly every British Christmas cooking show I've ever seen. Nigella, Delia, Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsey etc. etc.

Ah it's a cunning ruse to export these cookery shows with bread sauce, so that you forrins think our cuisine is shite so you don't come and eat all our beef flavoured Monster Munch.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #1327 on: December 18, 2023, 11:18:32 PM »
Pret have a very nice Christmas Dinner flavoured sandwich at the moment.

Jesus, if the bluenoses ever see this thread…

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1328 on: December 18, 2023, 11:18:36 PM »
In the 80's Hedgehog flavour crisps were nice (tasted a bit like chicken), can't remember who launched them

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1329 on: December 18, 2023, 11:18:37 PM »
Didn't Linekar make loads of money selling crisps back in the day? Bit hypocritical of an athlete to be advertising junk food. And they weren't even good crisps! No standards and a hypocrit.

There's only one thing that puts me off Walkers - I couldn't care less about Lineker - and it's their inversion of the correct, natural packet colours for salt & vinegar and cheese & onion

This is obviously the side of righteousness, but it's a battle lost now.

All the supermarkets now do the green for salt & vinegar and the blue for cheese & onion, they've caved to the Walkers dominance.

Fucking Lineker.
that's incorrect though.

McCoys (KP) follow the same colours - Green - Cheddar & Onion / Blue - Salt & Malt Vinegar

I appreciate that you're on a roll of being wrong about everything tonight, but McCoys' historic marketing choices, dating back I believe to the 1980s have nothing to do with the current supermarket dominance of snack foods.
I'm not wrong (again). Do me a favour, go to Tesco tomorrow and get yourself a meal deal (£3.40 it's great value) you get a sandwhich a drink and a snack ie crisps. You will be hit with a wall of McCoys plus some other options . But McCoys are mainstream crisps whether you like it or not, they are.

*with a weariness of spirit*

Tim, just because a supermarket sells a brand of crisp, that doesn't mean they control their brand and marketing.

Supermarkets now tend to copy the Walkers "green" for their own salt & vinegar crisps. Whereas they always used to be blue.

McCoys isn't a supermarket crisp. It's just a crisp that supermarkets sell.

Thanks for making this less fun than it was.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1330 on: December 18, 2023, 11:18:43 PM »

Our local Sainsburys sells those.

I find them totally unacceptable.

I think we can discount your contribution to the crisp debate:

Talking of McCoys, their Chip Shop Curry Sauce flavour are fucking brilliant.

Poncing around in farm shops, buying Tyrells, the fucking well-specced Jaguar of the crisps world.

You've changed.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1331 on: December 18, 2023, 11:19:31 PM »
Oregano is a fine ingredient in a puttanesca, it's not a fucking flavour for crisps.

I don't know which of these opinions is worse.

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1332 on: December 18, 2023, 11:20:18 PM »
In the 80's Hedgehog flavour crisps were nice (tasted a bit like chicken), can't remember who launched them
green bag i think

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1333 on: December 18, 2023, 11:20:35 PM »
I might get lambasted for even asking this but do they still make those plain crisps with the little blue salt bag inside? Crisps, lightly salted for the more delicate caring tongue and discerning palate.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1334 on: December 18, 2023, 11:20:57 PM »
AV84 is right, bread sauce is an abomination. Ads, when it comes to Monster Munch it goes 1) Flamin' Hot, 2) Pickled Onion. We don't agree on much, but I can let politics go. On this, my fists will be laid all over you.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal