collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 169699 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: MOTD
« Reply #1215 on: December 18, 2023, 08:39:52 PM »
contradicts himself - see Qatar WC for just one example. Hypocrite

How so?

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1216 on: December 18, 2023, 08:59:47 PM »
"The most outrageous law not just football but all law "
His epitaph to football punditry

Given his interest in 1930s Germany, I thought Lineker might have gone for the 'July 1933 Citizenship and Denaturalization Law'. Surprisingly, he agreed with Wrighty's take.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1217 on: December 18, 2023, 09:02:33 PM »
Ah, you're a bigot then.
Interesting how name calling / making assumptions about people is deemed ok when it suits.

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1218 on: December 18, 2023, 09:03:42 PM »

How so?
Banged on about the human rights abuse etc then went there and took the money anyway . He wasn't alone though , Alex Scott, Neville etc etc . Hypocrites

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1219 on: December 18, 2023, 09:05:35 PM »
He doesn't say anything on MOTD does he? So what's the difference? He's a citizen like you are, he can say what he likes. He's not even a newscaster or anything.

Which is acceptable when you agree with the message. Would you be as tolerant if you did not agree with him?

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #1220 on: December 18, 2023, 09:10:25 PM »

How so?
Banged on about the human rights abuse etc then went there and took the money anyway . He wasn't alone though , Alex Scott, Neville etc etc . Hypocrites

From the man in previous posts over recent weeks and months, have used such nuggets as ‘birds’ presumably when walking straight out of a 1970’s British sitcom, with a Robin Asquith swagger, oh and then there was the ‘touch of a rapist’ comment on some thread or other going back, God there are so many. Your a class act and your opinions on whose a ‘twat’ or ‘hypocrite’ etc etc are to be taken very seriously.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1221 on: December 18, 2023, 09:13:54 PM »

How so?

You seem to be confusing two different things. There are people who were paid by the Qatari state, be it to promote or comment on the World Cup they were hosting.

There are people whose job involves reporting on a World Cup tournament which was taking place in Qatar.

Unless I missed something, Gary Lineker did the second, not the first. Gary Neville I believe did the first. And is therefore, as you say, a massive hypocrite. Gary Lineker also would be had he done what Neville did. But he didn't.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 09:21:46 PM by Dave »

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1222 on: December 18, 2023, 09:18:40 PM »

How so?

From the man in previous posts over recent weeks and months, have used such nuggets as ‘birds’ presumably when walking straight out of a 1970’s British sitcom, with a Robin Asquith swagger, oh and then there was the ‘touch of a rapist’ comment on some thread or other going back, God there are so many. Your a class act and your opinions on whose a ‘twat’ or ‘hypocrite’ etc etc are to be taken very seriously.

Very similar to previous posters SilhillVilla and Coppers Injury.

Offline VillaTim

« Reply #1223 on: December 18, 2023, 09:25:38 PM »

How so?

You seem to be confusing two different things. There are people who were paid by the Qatari state, be it to promote or comment on the World Cup they were hosting.

There are people whose job involves reporting on a World Cup tournament which was taking place in Qatar.

Unless I missed something, Gary Lineker did the second, not the first. Gary Neville I believe did the first. And is therefore, as you say, a massive hypocrite. Gary Lineker also would be had he done what Neville did. But he didn't.
If he felt so strongly about it perhaps he should have stayed at home . I'm sure somebody else would have stepped in .

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1224 on: December 18, 2023, 09:25:44 PM »

Didn't Lineker spend years being paid by Al-Jazeera? A good while before the World Cup, but I don't think their record on gay rights etc was any better back then.

Offline VillaTim

« Reply #1225 on: December 18, 2023, 09:27:47 PM »

Didn't Lineker spend years being paid by Al-Jazeera? A good while before the World Cup, but I don't think their record on gay rights etc was any better back then.
Correct . Hypocrite.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1226 on: December 18, 2023, 09:29:21 PM »
Ah, you're a bigot then.
Interesting how name calling / making assumptions about people is deemed ok when it suits.

What is it about human rights that you object to?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1227 on: December 18, 2023, 09:31:26 PM »

He did. Al Jazeera is an incredibly clever propaganda tool from Qatar, so they can pump their special brand of bollocks into the region, while equally craftily having built Al Udeid so the Americans can keep them safe. Sneaky sneaky.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1228 on: December 18, 2023, 09:31:47 PM »
Don’t we all demonstrate an element of hypocrisy? We buy Chinese goods despite their human rights records. Often in the production of the very products we consume. We watched and enjoyed the WC with knowledge of what took place to host it. Same with the Olympics in China or Russia. And it’s not like our hands are clean. There are plenty of things we could do to be better.

If you find Gary Lineker offensive, of all the people you could choose to get upset over, then I would suggest you find time to demonstrate vociferously about the myriad of things that pale in comparison to anything he has ever said or done. In the context of media figures he is as bland as they come, and on the whole lacking in any kind of serious controversy. There are many way, way worse.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 09:33:49 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1229 on: December 18, 2023, 09:36:03 PM »
I dont find him offensive. He has bland views, the most interesting thing to happen to him was shitting himself at a World Cup and he has a creepy brother. He does make a good podcast or at least finances it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal