collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 169590 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: MOTD
« Reply #1125 on: December 12, 2023, 10:22:55 AM »
It doesn't look like it's going to be a 90 points type of season to win the title, as the top 6 is very competitive with everybody taking points off everybody else. Man Ciity have lost as many games already as they did two in the whole season two years ago. So I would guess the winner will probably finish on a points total somewhere in the mid to high 80s. Emery has served up just over two points a game since he arrived, so even if he *only* achieves two points a game for the rest of the season, we'd finish on 79 points which is guaranteed top 4. If we can improve the away form, even only marginally, then we're right in the mix. If we'd picked up a combined 3 more points from Wolves, Forest or Bournemouth we'd be top now.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #1126 on: December 12, 2023, 10:24:56 AM »
Chappers bigging us up on the Monday Night Club. Richards continuing to just cackle away though.

He's a Manchester United fan isn't he?

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1127 on: December 12, 2023, 10:25:13 AM »
I think a lot of Villa fans get over-sensitive about what pundits say about us, whether that's if they believe we'll finish in the top 4 or are title challengers etc.  There are even conspiracy theories about the graphics TV companies use to show the top of the table and the MOTD running order.

The truth is, for most people under 50, their living memory of Villa is of us being pretty shit.  Yeah, we won a couple of league cups in the 90's, but then Swansea, Blackburn, Middlesborough and Leicester have all won it since us.  Portsmouth, Wigan, Everton and Leicester (again) went one better with the FA cup.

Doesn't explain the prominence of Spurs in the media. The reality is the Illuminati don't like the fact that we refer to ourselves as the Villa.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1128 on: December 12, 2023, 10:29:38 AM »
I think a lot of Villa fans get over-sensitive about what pundits say about us, whether that's if they believe we'll finish in the top 4 or are title challengers etc.  There are even conspiracy theories about the graphics TV companies use to show the top of the table and the MOTD running order.

The truth is, for most people under 50, their living memory of Villa is of us being pretty shit.  Yeah, we won a couple of league cups in the 90's, but then Swansea, Blackburn, Middlesborough and Leicester have all won it since us.  Portsmouth, Wigan, Everton and Leicester (again) went one better with the FA cup.

Doesn't explain the prominence of Spurs in the media.

Well that's because for most of the last ten - fifteen years it's because they have been really quite good.

I'm pretty sure that if we spend the next decade regularly finishing in the top four, occasionally challenging for the title and ending up in the latter stages of the Champions League on multiple occasions then we would feel pretty put out if weren't experiencing "prominence in the media".

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #1129 on: December 12, 2023, 10:39:57 AM »

Doesn't explain the prominence of Spurs in the media. The reality is the Illuminati don't like the fact that we refer to ourselves as the Villa.

Well that's because for most of the last ten - fifteen years it's because they have been really quite good.

I'm pretty sure that if we spend the next decade regularly finishing in the top four, occasionally challenging for the title and ending up in the latter stages of the Champions League on multiple occasions then we would feel pretty put out if weren't experiencing "prominence in the media".

My post was partly tongue in cheek, but Spurs have been unduly prominent in the media for as long as I can remember. Until the last couple of weeks, their good start to the season with 'Ange-Ball' got far more attention than Villa under Unai's sustained excellence for the best part of a year.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #1130 on: December 12, 2023, 10:42:07 AM »
Chappers bigging us up on the Monday Night Club. Richards continuing to just cackle away though.

He's a Manchester United fan isn't he?

He is. Posh boy from Altrincham. Faar less smug than he used to be.

Richards is such a div mostly.

The producer is a very superstitious Villa fan who doesn't like them talking about us.

They have good journos on - Rory Smith is NYT and Adam Crafton from The Athletic.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #1131 on: December 12, 2023, 10:44:28 AM »
My post was partly tongue in cheek, but Spurs have been unduly prominent in the media for as long as I can remember. Until the last couple of weeks, their good start to the season with 'Ange-Ball' got far more attention than Villa under Unai's sustained excellence for the best part of a year.
[/quote]

Even when I was young Spurs and Man United who were mid/upper mid table sides a lot of the time (although both won Cups) seemed to have incredible amount of a much scarcer media profile

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #1132 on: December 12, 2023, 10:47:01 AM »
The great thing about pundits is that I rarely watch them over here. Consequently, the amount of fucks given expressed as a negative integer is -1.

If I do become aware of any bollocks being spouted then a) see paragraph 1 above, sentence 2, and b) They can "Fuck off!". The twats!

If they do praise us then
a) That is correct and normal and, also,  b) see paragraph 1 sentence 2 above.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1133 on: December 12, 2023, 11:24:21 AM »
Don't you have Remi Garde on Canal Plus any more?

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #1134 on: December 12, 2023, 12:05:41 PM »
I don't listen to the fuckers. They have Collymore droning on in the studio but he's overdubbed by a simultaneous translator and that pisses me off even more. Just subtitle the ******!

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1135 on: December 12, 2023, 12:15:47 PM »
I don't listen to the fuckers. They have Collymore droning on in the studio but he's overdubbed by a simultaneous translator and that pisses me off even more. Just substitute the ******!

FTFY

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #1136 on: December 12, 2023, 12:21:30 PM »
Let them carry on talking about spurs

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #1137 on: December 17, 2023, 01:26:02 PM »

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1138 on: December 17, 2023, 01:27:05 PM »
I thought Shay Given was pretty decent on there last night.

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #1139 on: December 17, 2023, 01:32:17 PM »
I thought Shay Given was pretty decent on there last night.

He's okay, if a little bland. He also appears on RTE, but I much prefer Richie Sadlier and Didi Hamann in their line-up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal