collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League 2024-2025 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 08:50:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Risso
[Today at 08:47:24 AM]

Jonathan Wheeler (JW) by JD
[Today at 08:45:53 AM]

NSWE Investment by Dogtanian
[Today at 08:45:52 AM]

Transfer priorities by LeeB
[Today at 08:45:39 AM]

Ollie Watkins by darren woolley
[Today at 08:44:26 AM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by darren woolley
[Today at 08:42:48 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by darren woolley
[Today at 08:40:31 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League 2024-2025 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 08:50:57 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Risso
[Today at 08:47:24 AM]

Re: Champions League 2024-2025 by OzVilla
[Today at 08:45:58 AM]

Re: Jonathan Wheeler (JW) by JD
[Today at 08:45:53 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Dogtanian
[Today at 08:45:52 AM]

Re: Transfer priorities by LeeB
[Today at 08:45:39 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by darren woolley
[Today at 08:44:26 AM]

Re: John McGinn - signed (Captain) by darren woolley
[Today at 08:42:48 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 174884 times)

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: MOTD
« Reply #1065 on: December 10, 2023, 11:01:32 AM »
10 players involved in our goal, a scintillating move and it wasn't even analysed on MOTD. The narrative was all about Arsenal being hard done by. Anyway I'm glad we ruined their script.

They their analysis of us on the role of McGinn in attack, defence and scoring, they then did the analysis of Arsenal on their failures in attack, then finally discussed the potential VAR issues. Seemed a normal layout for MOTD, but for the couple of over the top statements at the end which I mentioned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67673647
they did not cover the full 10 man move for our goal. If Spurs had scored that goal they'd have done 5 minutes on it

Online remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
« Reply #1066 on: December 10, 2023, 12:41:17 PM »
Just watched this - one word
PATHETIC.
The narrative is so biased it might aswell be arse-tv.
Where is insightful analysis - Luiz v Rice, 15 matches at home, SUE factor, highlight of McGinn or Carlos, the subs, the offside traps instead a we should have won wankfeat from twat wright.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1067 on: December 10, 2023, 12:47:53 PM »
Wright is a dismal pundit. I remember when Northern Ireland deservedly beat England and he just sulked like a child afterwards.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1068 on: December 10, 2023, 01:25:14 PM »
Penalties are often a grey area and down to interpretation. There are some that are 100% not and 100% penalty but many are somewhere in between. This one for me was fractionally less than 50/50, and would have been soft if given but it has happened. They are right that VAR is wank though. That penalty given against England the other week after the ref went over to view it on the screen is an example of why. All this fucking around and you still get decisions as totally wrong as that one.

The handball should not have been given and Wrighty, who I normally like has a bad case of sour grapes there. Needs to have a word with himself really, he is there in a professional capacity. It seemed to me that it touched the forwards hand at least three times before it was bundled over the line, the ball would have changed path / direction each time and therefore to allow it would have been ridiculous.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #1069 on: December 10, 2023, 01:37:54 PM »
The handball - put it this way, if his hands where behind his back, like most defenders do these days, would the ball have stayed where it was for so long before falling at his feet - No.

Therefore, the ball was controlled by hand/arm, not another part of the body.

Disallowed was the correct decision, and redeemed the Ref for other match incidents that where in Arsenals favour, and not according to the rules - shirt pulling being the main culprit.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #1070 on: December 10, 2023, 01:41:07 PM »
The handball - put it this way, if his hands where behind his back, like most defenders do these days, would the ball have stayed where it was for so long before falling at his feet - No.

Therefore, the ball was controlled by hand/arm, not another part of the body.

Disallowed was the correct decision, and redeemed the Ref for other match incidents that where in Arsenals favour, and not according to the rules - shirt pulling being the main culprit.
Spot on, Neil.

Up until the handball it really felt like we were playing against twelve men.

Offline danno

« Reply #1071 on: December 10, 2023, 01:42:05 PM »
Of all the VAR incidents, a handball decision not being overturned is Lineker’s tipping point? I can only imagine they’d lovingly prepared a whole segment on Arsenal’s never say die attitude and scoring of goals past the 84th minute and we messed it up.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1072 on: December 10, 2023, 01:42:46 PM »
10 players involved in our goal, a scintillating move and it wasn't even analysed on MOTD. The narrative was all about Arsenal being hard done by. Anyway I'm glad we ruined their script.

They their analysis of us on the role of McGinn in attack, defence and scoring, they then did the analysis of Arsenal on their failures in attack, then finally discussed the potential VAR issues. Seemed a normal layout for MOTD, but for the couple of over the top statements at the end which I mentioned.

they did not cover the full 10 man move for our goal. If Spurs had scored that goal they'd have done 5 minutes on it

No one covered it on anywhere apart from a few mentions on here post match. Nothing on Sky or many in the match thread. Even the extended highlights PWS found started at the same time as the BBC footage. Even you never mentioned it last night here until you saw the same link in the match thread 15 minutes after it was posted. As I mentioned, the normal MOTD breakdown is pointing out something from one team, something from another and then a general pick of contentious decisions of which Arse had two and we had none. They did almost 2 minutes on McGinn, then almost two minutes on Arsenal being poor in attacking, then obviously the VAR thing for Jesus which took another 40 seconds, of which the opinion of one was definite pen, the opinion of another was not a pen and two stating, we have seen them given but VAR was going with the onfield decision as not clear error.

It is amazing how we want everything covered for us, but forget the McGinn coverage because that was at the start and just see it being biased against us with no mention of Villa.

Offline VillaTim

« Reply #1073 on: December 10, 2023, 02:20:54 PM »

and Sky would have done a two-part documentary on it

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1074 on: December 10, 2023, 02:30:03 PM »
The Villa bitesize highlights don't feature the full move. They start from after Tielemans' touch.

Offline VillaTim

« Reply #1075 on: December 10, 2023, 02:31:21 PM »
The Villa bitesize highlights don't feature the full move. They start from after Tielemans' touch.
the full move is on X

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #1076 on: December 10, 2023, 02:36:08 PM »
I reckon they might have got that penalty if Jesus hadn't decided to dive. As it is, I don't know why he wasn't booked for crimes against am-dram.

Wright's "worst law ever" was just a piss take, and while Lineker should have known before it was introduced that VAR is not needed, his u-turn is rare and welcome, whatever flawed reasoning lies behind it. But I'm more than happy for people to complain about poor Arsenal. Being portrayed as the upstarts that upset the victims of Suffolk didn't diminish my enjoyment of 1981 in the slightest. More of it please.

Offline AV84

« Reply #1077 on: December 10, 2023, 02:42:07 PM »
I reckon they might have got that penalty if Jesus hadn't decided to dive. As it is, I don't know why he wasn't booked for crimes against am-dram.

When you watch it in slow motion you can see him thinking how do I make this look worse. He has ample time and opportunity to stay on his feet there, it's embarrassing to watch him fall over like that.

Online Chap

• http://www.chap23.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
« Reply #1078 on: December 10, 2023, 02:55:30 PM »

When you watch it in slow motion you can see him thinking how do I make this look worse. He has ample time and opportunity to stay on his feet there, it's embarrassing to watch him fall over like that.

He’d have got through an audition for the Bolshoi Ballet for that one.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #1079 on: December 10, 2023, 03:02:20 PM »
We're just going to have to get used to the media being against us, a few ex-Villa players in punditry jobs wouldn't do any harm either.

Sky spent a good 70 minutes willing an equaliser to go in and didn't get it thankfully.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal