collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League 2024-2025 by gpbarr
[Today at 03:22:06 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:08:30 AM]

Transfer priorities by Axl Rose
[Today at 03:06:07 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Rory
[Today at 02:09:02 AM]

Spurs v Manchester City match thread by Rory
[Today at 02:05:09 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 01:54:29 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Rory
[Today at 01:39:31 AM]

Celebrity Fans. What's The Point? by Rory
[Today at 01:12:46 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 174828 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: MOTD
« Reply #780 on: November 12, 2023, 11:09:13 PM »
In their eyes we are not part of the big six. We are in the top 6 which is inconvenient for them. They are creaming themselves at the thought of Chelsea trying to get back in and would love Man U to be a part of it. Us, Brighton and Newcastle are a pain to have to discuss.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #781 on: November 12, 2023, 11:15:44 PM »
It’s such a fabricated load of bollocks

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #782 on: November 12, 2023, 11:46:40 PM »
Yep, I was quite pleased when Ian Wright twice referenced Chelsea's performances against 'the top six sides'. Not that I believe in such crap, but to hear him refer to Chelsea and the 'top six' being distinct entities.

Then they bollocksed that by putting up that 'Chelsea vs 'the rest of the big six'' graphic. And then to joke "soon to be a big seven, Alan" to Shearer, who to his credit didn't respond.

Online VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #783 on: November 13, 2023, 12:02:32 AM »
Ian Wright didn't know Douglas second name and had to be prompted, arrogant twat

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #784 on: November 13, 2023, 12:31:04 AM »
Ian Wright didn't know Douglas second name and had to be prompted, arrogant twat

60 year old man momentarily forgets a players surname and he's an arrogant twat?

Have a look in the mirror.

Online Rory

« Reply #785 on: November 13, 2023, 12:43:35 AM »

60 year old man momentarily forgets a players surname and he's an arrogant twat?

Can't believe he's 60. Just another depressing reminder that the '90s was a long time ago.

I like Ian Wright, and wouldn't call him arrogant, but he's certainly a lazy pundit.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #786 on: November 13, 2023, 02:55:10 AM »

Of all of them, Ian Wright is one of the most complimentary of the TV pundits when it comes to discussing us in the media. Are you ever not miserable?

Online Rory

« Reply #787 on: November 13, 2023, 05:20:15 AM »

Of all of them, Ian Wright is one of the most complimentary of the TV pundits when it comes to discussing us in the media. Are you ever not miserable?

I think Shearer is very fair, when you consider he was the Newcastle manager when we sent them down in 2009 - and we mocked him personally.

I don't mind admitting that, while we were completely justified and represented nothing but the enjoyment that any fanbase would've shared at Newcastle going down on that day, if the roles were reversed I'd probably have held a grudge. Not as a fan, because they fucking deserved relegation and it was only their clueless self-awarded status as being 'everybody's second team' that made them bitch and cry so much - but as Shearer himself.

He's almost always very complimentary about us, and as a result I'm sometimes inclined to overlook what a dirty, elbow-y bastard he was as a player.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #788 on: November 13, 2023, 07:17:38 AM »

The grammatical error in his post suggests to me he’s not sure how to express his name correctly in this context.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #789 on: November 13, 2023, 07:20:59 AM »

He's a MOTD pundit, mate. I suppose it's what makes them pundits; their ineptitude and whatnot.

I don't mind Wright, he's ok. Shearer, too.

It's the Micah Richards' of this world that need handfeeding to a massive shark.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #790 on: November 13, 2023, 08:39:50 AM »
It's the Micah Richards' of this world that need handfeeding to a massive shark.

Hah, another gem there! I'm going to start making a note of these Axl, so I can publish a book of the most creative insults in the English language.

Online VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #791 on: November 13, 2023, 10:29:25 AM »

The grammatical error in his post suggests to me he’s not sure how to express his name correctly in this context.
go on then Grammar Police teach us how it's done

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #792 on: November 13, 2023, 10:33:14 AM »

He's a MOTD pundit, mate. I suppose it's what makes them pundits; their ineptitude and whatnot.

I don't mind Wright, he's ok. Shearer, too.

I can not watch him,  I can not believe the work he gets .

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #793 on: November 13, 2023, 10:39:48 AM »

go on then Grammar Police teach us how it's done

Douglas’s or Douglas’ …either could have been used. It wouldn’t normally bother me but as you pilloried Ian Wright for momentarily forgetting his name I thought it a good reason to make the point.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #794 on: November 13, 2023, 10:40:36 AM »
The MOTD 'Club' consists of very outwardly so called big team supporters - 'Chappers' Manure.  Shearer Newcarsssul.  Richards Citeh.  Wright.  The Arse.  They very rarely have anyone outside that says 'up the Villa' - except when Dublin is on as a token gesture.  Hardly surprising the narrative then when we even threaten to be good.  As far as I am concerned and mostly from history, the minute people start talking about us in national circles we inevitably fcuk up and go downhill as a result.  Long may us being under the radar continue for that reason alone.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal