collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Kits 23/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 07:35:58 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by DB
[Today at 07:28:38 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by trinityoap
[Today at 07:25:51 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 07:19:59 PM]

Emi Buendia - Injured by The Edge
[Today at 06:53:59 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:48:30 PM]

FFP by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 05:23:49 PM]

Champions League Contention by LeeS
[Today at 04:30:47 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 169707 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: MOTD
« Reply #705 on: October 03, 2023, 04:31:22 PM »
I wonder if that know-nothing twat Crooks ever wonders himself why he never gets asked his opinion on any other footballing platform.  If he is, I've never seen, read or heard it.
I think he is single handedly destroying the case for positive discrimination.

Online danno

« Reply #706 on: October 03, 2023, 04:37:36 PM »
Pearce is a twat, his level of scrutiny of the performance tells you all you need to know about his management skills.

He commentated* on the game Saturday and predicted a Brighton 4-3 win at 3-1.  It was also left to his colleague to point out that if you concede five you probably don’t deserve to win. Then we scored again.

* I use the term generously

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #707 on: October 03, 2023, 04:46:49 PM »
I wonder if that know-nothing twat Crooks ever wonders himself why he never gets asked his opinion on any other footballing platform.  If he is, I've never seen, read or heard it.
I think he is single handedly destroying the case for positive discrimination.

😆

He sure is one self assured arrogant c unt .

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #708 on: October 03, 2023, 09:20:00 PM »
Talksport stands apart in terms of low quality programming. They are always dreadful and not worth listening to.

Disagree, some of their programmes are quite good, it depends entirely on the presenters. Laura Woods used to be really good in the morning, and I like Hawksbee and Jacobs in the afternoon. I can listen to White and Jordan, but most of the rest of it is pretty bad, especially Jamie O'Hara and Jason Cundy, who are a pair of absolute bellends.

A couple of Thursday's ago I played five-a-side in the evening, and had to take my missus' fifteen-year-old Audi A3 with a crap radio.  On the way home, I let the radio scan to find whatever it could, and it found TalkSport - the first time I've listened in, well, I've no idea, but MANY years. It was these two talking about Brighton losing to AEK Athens earlier in the evening, and it was abysmal.  The sort of stuff you'd hear in the playground.  Bellends is being VERY kind to them.  They were absolutely REVELLING in Brighton's defeat, clearly designed to rile up the Brighton fans - I'm assuming to get them to call in? Maybe one of them has a big anti-Brighton bias, I've no idea, but you wouldn't ever listen to something like that if you wanted to listen to a genuine footballing discussion, or, god-forbid, to actually "learn" something.  It made Soccer AM sound like a Mensa meeting.

I listened for about five minutes and then turned it off.  I have no plans to ever listen again.  The only time I see any Talksport content is when the odd clip goes viral on social media.

Was it Cundy doing that bloody stupid "has anyone seen"....before proceeding to take the piss out of the team who've lost?

As for O'Hara?  Wasn't even a decent fucking player...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 09:26:40 PM by BC Villain »

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #709 on: October 03, 2023, 09:54:51 PM »
What gets me is these footballers like Gabby , Cundy Ohara are getting these presenter jobs that really should be for journalists , media experienced people.  Half of them can’t string a sentence and just trade off their name

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #710 on: October 04, 2023, 04:15:26 PM »
What gets me is these footballers like Gabby , Cundy Ohara are getting these presenter jobs that really should be for journalists , media experienced people.  Half of them can’t string a sentence and just trade off their name

Yeah, like that Statman off the other thread. I think I’d much rather see him analysing on MOTD that that guffawing clown Richards or his mate Shearer.

Offline Bully2345

« Reply #711 on: October 04, 2023, 04:20:19 PM »

Yeah, like that Statman off the other thread. I think I’d much rather see him analysing on MOTD that that guffawing clown Richards or his mate Shearer.

Statman is very good and is used on Radio 5 live where he has the space to breathe. His content is very detailed and a bit niche for MOTD though where you only really have 90 seconds to say anything about the game.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #712 on: October 04, 2023, 06:51:47 PM »
I actually don't mind MOTD.  I don't love Richards.  But I don't mind Lineker and Shearer too much.

That 'Statman' thing up the thread a bit is quite good too.  I'd love to know if the stuff Emery works on with the players is 'just' that detailed or is another level up again.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #713 on: October 04, 2023, 07:25:59 PM »
I like MOTD too.  Most football fans have a 'no one likes us' attitude, even the Sky darlings always think there's a conspiracy.  I don't think there's any bias against us whatsoever in the punditry, it's just as a club for the last 20 years we haven't been as interesting as we think we are and the coverage reflects that.

I think the punditry is mostly pretty good in the short time they have and they'll usually try to find something interesting in their analysis.  I even find myself agreeing with Danny Murphy more often than not and he's more reasonable than he gets credit for.

Finally, I think the chemistry between the presenters is entertaining and Linekar is an excellent host.  Sometimes it's be careful what you wish for as it could be a lot worse.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #714 on: October 04, 2023, 10:53:02 PM »
Yes, I like Lineker.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #715 on: October 05, 2023, 09:50:47 AM »
Shearer is a decent pundit, not too offensive and generally knows what he's talking about. Can't stand Lineker though, the knee-slapping twat.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #716 on: October 05, 2023, 10:02:11 AM »
Knee slapping hahaha.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #717 on: October 05, 2023, 05:52:21 PM »
I like MOTD too.  Most football fans have a 'no one likes us' attitude, even the Sky darlings always think there's a conspiracy.  I don't think there's any bias against us whatsoever in the punditry, it's just as a club for the last 20 years we haven't been as interesting as we think we are and the coverage reflects that.

I think the punditry is mostly pretty good in the short time they have and they'll usually try to find something interesting in their analysis.  I even find myself agreeing with Danny Murphy more often than not and he's more reasonable than he gets credit for.

Finally, I think the chemistry between the presenters is entertaining and Linekar is an excellent host.  Sometimes it's be careful what you wish for as it could be a lot worse.

I think this is the single most reasonable post I've read on here.

Boooooooooooooooooo!
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #718 on: October 09, 2023, 01:54:13 AM »
If you're looking for media bias, try the Grauniad.

Went on their website after Thursday's game to read their report. Oops! There wasn't one. Every other English team playing in Europe that night had one.

Did the same after the Wolves game. Four PL games on Sunday. Guess which one the Graun missed out on?

Perhaps they've forgotten that we exist.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #719 on: October 09, 2023, 02:41:24 AM »

Bloody hell, I agree with every word here.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal