collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 174784 times)

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: MOTD
« Reply #570 on: May 29, 2023, 01:27:26 PM »
Garth Crooks has his team of the season picks up. No surprise he went Arsenal, Man Citeh etc, however you could pick your own obviously. However the ONLY Villa player chosen is Martinez, not one other one can picked in any of the outfield places.

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #571 on: May 29, 2023, 02:56:56 PM »
Garth Crooks has his team of the season picks up. No surprise he went Arsenal, Man Citeh etc, however you could pick your own obviously. However the ONLY Villa player chosen is Martinez, not one other one can picked in any of the outfield places.

Poor decision. Poor decision.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #572 on: May 29, 2023, 03:19:30 PM »

what do you expect with that idiot.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #573 on: May 29, 2023, 03:22:53 PM »
I don’t necessarily disagree with that. We have been a collection of super performances lead an inspirational manager, and very arguably punching way above our weight. That’s why we will see 3 or 4 of the regulars drop to the bench in August as we improve key positions. That doesn’t take away from Doug, Tyrone, Ramsey, Ollie, SJM etc. But even with Villa claret and blue tinted glasses on, I don’t think individually it puts them above some of the players that are on most lists for best 1st XI.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #574 on: May 29, 2023, 03:24:08 PM »
Fucking hell I've just looked, that's criminal. You can choose the likes of Paqueta though in midfield? I'm sure he has been better than Luiz in the league this season *rubs chin*.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #575 on: May 29, 2023, 03:26:50 PM »
Fucking hell I've just looked, that's criminal. You can choose the likes of Paqueta though in midfield? I'm sure he has been better than Luiz in the league this season *rubs chin*.

It's Garth Crooks, what do you expect?

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #576 on: May 29, 2023, 03:42:20 PM »

Oh yeah, it's the first team I have seen of his this season because he is one of the worst pundits I have ever heard but even for him to not have a single Villa player option out of another 43 players considering what we have done since Emery came in is shite even by his low standards.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #577 on: May 29, 2023, 04:18:45 PM »

what do you expect with that idiot.

And why does anyone care anyway?

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #578 on: May 29, 2023, 04:37:59 PM »
I don't think anyone actually cares. It would be a shit forum if we only ever spoke about what we really 'cared' about.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #579 on: May 29, 2023, 08:18:29 PM »
Not including Mings and Luiz is pathetic, they've been superb since Emery came in and in the last 4 months are in the top 2-3 in the league in their positions.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #580 on: May 29, 2023, 08:30:00 PM »

A friend was just breaking into football journalism and met Garth Crooks.  He said he was in awe at first but after ten minutes chatting realised he knew bugger all about football.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #581 on: May 29, 2023, 08:31:45 PM »
Not including Mings and Luiz is pathetic, they've been superb since Emery came in and in the last 4 months are in the top 2-3 in the league in their positions.

And you can pick Gibbs-White as one of the forwards, who has chipped in with 5 goals this season.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #582 on: May 29, 2023, 08:45:43 PM »

And you can pick Gibbs-White as one of the forwards, who has chipped in with 5 goals this season.

Watkins is the only player in the top 10 goalscorers list who you can't pick. You can select Jesus though, who didn't score in 17 between October 1st and April 1st, along with Gibbs-White as you mentioned.

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #583 on: May 29, 2023, 09:25:00 PM »

A friend was just breaking into football journalism and met Garth Crooks.  He said he was in awe at first but after ten minutes chatting realised he knew bugger all about football.
Lol

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #584 on: May 29, 2023, 09:27:09 PM »

Crooks is the new Lawro - crap, been there too long, cushy number and zero imagination. In fact less imagination than Shearer.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal