collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Tim Iroegbunam by Dante Lavelli
[Today at 08:50:16 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Hookeysmith
[Today at 08:48:17 PM]

NSWE Investment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 08:44:31 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 08:44:17 PM]

Emi Buendia - Injured by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 08:27:14 PM]

Robin Olsen by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 08:11:59 PM]

Kits 23/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 08:07:36 PM]

Official Website by martin o`who??
[Today at 08:03:31 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 169726 times)

Offline Clark W Griswold

Re: MOTD
« Reply #495 on: March 15, 2023, 01:27:28 PM »
I turn the sound off when Pearce is commentating, and have for a while.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #496 on: March 15, 2023, 01:29:28 PM »
I like MOTD

I think the presenters are excellent and despite the rough ride they get on here most of the pundits are pretty good and I enjoy their analysis. Even Murphy sometimes makes sense.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #497 on: March 15, 2023, 01:59:00 PM »
It’s not been the same since Jimmy Hill left :-)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #498 on: March 15, 2023, 02:02:56 PM »
I like MOTD

I think the presenters are excellent and despite the rough ride they get on here most of the pundits are pretty good and I enjoy their analysis. Even Murphy sometimes makes sense.

Agreed. Wouldn't go so far as excellent presenters but cliché/articulation-aside, the pundits do usually spot stuff in the analysis that most fans wouldn't.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #499 on: March 15, 2023, 02:08:54 PM »
I sponsored a FA Cup game between Hinckley and Brentford a few years back whickwas on MOTD .
While I was stood next to him Jonathan Pearce  watching the cup draw after the game  with Mark Bright , all he kept saying to me was 'whens the buffet open'

Greedy bastard

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #500 on: March 15, 2023, 02:11:55 PM »
I like MOTD

Agreed. Wouldn't go so far as excellent presenters but cliché/articulation-aside, the pundits do usually spot stuff in the analysis that most fans wouldn't.

It's also deliberately targeted at a broader level of interest, rather than football obsessives. Anyone going out of their way to post on a football team's internet forum is probably already too engaged in the subject to really be what MOTD is providing for.

I reckon there probably is room for some sort of more in-depth tactical analysis programming and if I were in charge that's what I'd do with the Sunday night show. But the Saturday show is probably about right for the sort of Saturday audience that it's aiming to cater for.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #501 on: March 15, 2023, 02:46:06 PM »
I sponsored a FA Cup game between Hinckley and Brentford a few years back whickwas on MOTD .
While I was stood next to him Jonathan Pearce  watching the cup draw after the game  with Mark Bright , all he kept saying to me was 'whens the buffet open'

Greedy bastard
"who ate all the hors d'oeuvres?
who ate all the hors d'oeuvres?
You fat bastard!
You fat bastard!
You ate all the hors d'oeuvres!"
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 02:48:04 PM by algy »

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #502 on: March 15, 2023, 03:39:06 PM »
I like MOTD

I can’t stand listening to them, particularly if Micah Richards is involved. I record MOTD and will watch on Sunday morning, as long as we haven’t lost, but fast forward through all of the chat other than for our game.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #503 on: March 16, 2023, 02:36:19 PM »
Gary Lineker thought he had a "special agreement" with the BBC's director general to tweet about refugees and immigration, his agent has said.

In a piece in the New Statesman, Jon Holmes has described the crisis talks held with BBC bosses during last week's stand-off.

He said he warned them that suspending Lineker could be damaging, hours before a staff walk-out began.

The BBC apologised for the disruption and will review its social media rules.

On last week's row, Mr Holmes said: "Gary Lineker, with whom I've worked since 1980, had tweeted about the policy, reiterating his support for refugees.

"Gary takes a passionate interest in refugees and immigration and, as he saw it, had a special agreement with Tim Davie, the BBC's director general, to tweet about these issues."

He said social media guidelines for some BBC staff were "a bit vague", but said his client "assiduously avoids" appearing on political programmes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64976007

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #504 on: March 28, 2023, 03:33:45 PM »
To round this out Linekar has 'won' his case against HMRC - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/gary-lineker-tax-hmrc-win-b2309500.html

Tribunal Judge John Brooks found the IR35 legislation did not apply because there were direct contracts between the presenter and both the BBC and BT Sport.

The tribunal found that while Gary Lineker Media (GLM), which he set up with his then wife in 2012, was a partnership to which IR35 legislation applies, the appeal was still dismissed in full because contracts existed.

The judge said: “As a matter of law, when Mr Lineker signed the 2013 BBC Contract, the 2015 BBC Contract and the BT Sport Contract for the provision of his services, he did so as principal thereby contracting directly with the BBC and BT Sport.

“As such, the intermediaries legislation cannot apply – it is only applicable ‘where services are provided not under a contract directly between client and the worker’.

“In this case Mr Lineker’s services were provided under direct contracts with the BBC and BT Sport.

“Although such a conclusion might appear inconsistent with my conclusions that the intermediaries legislation can apply to partnerships… that is not the case.”

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #505 on: March 29, 2023, 12:03:21 AM »
Time to set the dogs on him or at least Risso.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #506 on: March 29, 2023, 12:34:00 AM »

It's the First Tier Tribunal. Let's see what the Upper Tier says. The lower lot have ruled on something of a technicality, not the actual substance of his working relationship with the BBC.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #507 on: March 29, 2023, 09:23:15 AM »

It's the First Tier Tribunal. Let's see what the Upper Tier says. The lower lot have ruled on something of a technicality, not the actual substance of his working relationship with the BBC.

Is that what happens Risso? Does it go up automatically or do HMRC have to appeal it there?

Online lovejoy

« Reply #508 on: March 29, 2023, 09:48:03 AM »
There was a lot of chatter when the right wing media set the dogs on Lineker the other week around him being a tax dodger. They've all gone a bit quiet now, no apologies, no shame. What a world we live in. Probably all shouting at the homeless now.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #509 on: March 29, 2023, 09:52:11 AM »

Greedy bastard

Ha ha, that's a good one - you should submit to @SpottedPLPlayer

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal