collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 174867 times)

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
Re: MOTD
« Reply #285 on: March 12, 2023, 08:41:57 AM »
Excellent post markeeeebeeee2005

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #286 on: March 12, 2023, 08:49:19 AM »
Did anyone watch MOTD. what was it like? I stopped watching years ago around the time Lineker started presenting. He was awful in the early years but became quite good and on the odd occasion I do watch I like him.   

It was crap. 

That bastion of truth John Redwood said it was great so one of you isn’t telling the truth.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #287 on: March 12, 2023, 08:53:28 AM »
Did anyone watch MOTD. what was it like? I stopped watching years ago around the time Lineker started presenting. He was awful in the early years but became quite good and on the odd occasion I do watch I like him.   

It was crap. 

That bastion of truth John Redwood said it was great so one of you isn’t telling the truth.

I preferred it and would be happy if it continued, just make it longer, say 40 mins to an hour depending on the number of games.

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #288 on: March 12, 2023, 09:01:41 AM »

It was crap. 

I preferred it and would be happy if it continued, just make it longer, say 40 mins to an hour depending on the number of games.

It’s normally about an hour isn’t it? I never watch all of it only the Villa bits so I wonder if a producer is trying to make a point that of that hour 40 minutes of it is Lineker and Co chatting?

Offline WassallVillain

« Reply #289 on: March 12, 2023, 09:05:11 AM »
The comment on the front page of the Mail this morning must be one of the most Ironic ever. 

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #290 on: March 12, 2023, 09:15:48 AM »

It was crap. 

It’s normally about an hour isn’t it? I never watch all of it only the Villa bits so I wonder if a producer is trying to make a point that of that hour 40 minutes of it is Lineker and Co chatting?

Depends of number of games but It usually starts around 10.20 to 10.30 and runs anything from 11.30 to 12.00
Anyway, more football and less prattle (including commentary) is fine by me. I think somehow I’d miss commentary on live matches though, and maybe a bit of half time studio chatter.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #291 on: March 12, 2023, 09:29:19 AM »
Just watched it.

To be honest it was rubbish without the banter, analysis and interviews. Too short.

I enjoy having the 'fast forward' option when Micah, Murphy and a few others are on air. 

I hope 'normal service is resumed as soon as possible'.  :(

I don't see how they come back from this now.  Lineker won't be back unless either he makes a massive climb down, which he won't if he's got any principles and values.  Sadly, the BBC don't have any bollocks (well they do, it's just that right-wingers are busy playing with them).

Then anyone who agrees to take his place will immediately be labelled as a scab.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #292 on: March 12, 2023, 09:33:50 AM »
A genuine question for the moderator's

Can we not agree on a rule to keep the football discussion threads politics free. Every post descends into some lengthy political rant about how shit the government is or endless statistics cut and pasted to prove / disprove thier own or someone else's point.

Surely there are many threads that are in off topic that relate to the political temperature of the day to not have to bog down what is a brilliant football discussion site.

Could we please have a political free football board as the political rantings are becoming tiresome and are just not enjoyable anymore

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #293 on: March 12, 2023, 09:36:58 AM »
There is a very clear overlap on this thread.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #294 on: March 12, 2023, 09:41:47 AM »
This thread has only crossed over due to the situation last week which the two subject became linked.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #295 on: March 12, 2023, 09:56:23 AM »

It was crap. 

They can't though. The reason to have the in-house team is for filler as in most cases they use the limit of the amount of highlights they can show a match contractually.

TBH, the show probably  became an irrelevance the moment the Sky Sports website  (plus others) could show the goals to people for free within an hour of the game finishing. Prior to that MotD used to be the only place to see the goals for a second time if at the match or first time if not.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #296 on: March 12, 2023, 10:07:43 AM »

Can we not agree on a rule to keep the football discussion threads politics free. Every post descends into some lengthy political rant about how shit the government is or endless statistics cut and pasted to prove / disprove thier own or someone else's point.

Surely there are many threads that are in off topic that relate to the political temperature of the day to not have to bog down what is a brilliant football discussion site.

Could we please have a political free football board as the political rantings are becoming tiresome and are just not enjoyable anymore

If I didn't know better I'd say you were a Tory trying to stifle debate about shit they are. 😉

The very topic is the talk of the nation, and football and politics, in this case, are inextricably linked.

The unfortunate truth is that the government of the day are trying to silence one of the most popular sports broadcasters there is. It will end badly.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #297 on: March 12, 2023, 10:17:10 AM »

You could just choose not to read it.

Offline dr.chekov

« Reply #298 on: March 12, 2023, 10:18:26 AM »

Don’t see how you could do this. Football isn’t in some untouched place outside society/politics. The way it’s run, ownership issues, the way the fans are treated, the way the players are walking billboards for betting companies, it’s all political, isn’t it?

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #299 on: March 12, 2023, 10:21:59 AM »

Don’t see how you could do this. Football isn’t in some untouched place outside society/politics. The way it’s run, ownership issues, the way the fans are treated, the way the players are walking billboards for betting companies, it’s all political, isn’t it?

My understanding is this is a MOTD thread, and it's very current issue so nothing is off the table in discussions so it's inevitable comments and opinions are going to have some elements of politics. Live and let live in regards to discussion. And debate if you feel that needs be or not.
Anyhow..

MOTD 2 tonight Sunday West Ham v Villa highlights.
MOTD 2 programme, which regular airs on Sundays throughout the season, does have a focus directly on football matters here in Villa related material and it is connected to the ongoing situation.

What is the latest information regarding how, if at all, it will be broadcast this evening and on the iPlayer feature? And under what guise? Commentary? Hosts? Furthermore, the player and management interviews from West Ham vs. Villa are possible not to be shown if it's the same as MOTD Saturday
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 10:24:34 AM by Footy-Vill »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal