collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by chrisw1
[Today at 01:04:38 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by olaftab
[Today at 12:54:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 150040 times)

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
Re: MOTD
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2019, 02:07:11 AM »
They focussed on the goals but focussing on the goals it all comes down to Jack Grealish. What a game he had. So glad he stayed with us when he could have left while we were still a championship side.

How many times did he get back to win a ball in defence? It was mental! He's so fit

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2019, 02:18:44 AM »
I always remember playing away to Spurs perhaps 1980 and we absolutely battered them 3-1 (just before Christmas) - I remember that I was tarted up to go out with work mates afterwards.

Anyway the footage of the game was heavily edited and it appeared quite an even game on TV.

The following week Jimmy Hill confessed that several Villa fans had got in touch to complain about the coverage.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2019, 04:40:45 PM »
Did you also see the Chelsea vs. Newcastle game

I think the only time Newcastle got into the Chelsea half was when they changed ends at half time. I think they had one decent chance right at the death but other than that it was pure Bruce ball.

Now consider our game - although they were a dangerous outfit even with 10 men instead of accepting a 1-1 draw at home we went for it with 2 great attempts in the final 2 minutes of extra time ( 1 x Davis and the goal itself)

I do not ever think we will complain about our negativity again - we may lose games but never through being gutless and not trying to win

Thank McGrath we have Smith and not Bruce

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2019, 05:16:29 PM »
Is it me or are we generally getting more love in the media since we came back up. I guess we’re a loveable plucky attacking promoted team instead of a horrible dysfunctional team overdue for relegation.

True, but I think it’s more because we bring excitement. Our matches are not dull.

Yep. Perhaps there was never a great anti-Villa media conspiracy and that we were just as rancid to everyone else as we all realised we were ourselves?

Nonsense. It’s all all pervading and starts with the Illuminati and their Lizard King, Trevor Francis.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2019, 09:11:53 PM »
I always remember playing away to Spurs perhaps 1980 and we absolutely battered them 3-1 (just before Christmas) - I remember that I was tarted up to go out with work mates afterwards.

Anyway the footage of the game was heavily edited and it appeared quite an even game on TV.

The following week Jimmy Hill confessed that several Villa fans had got in touch to complain about the coverage.

It was the second or third game of the season I think, not long after we drew 2-2 with them in the Charity Shield. I think it was on Star Soccer but it might have been MOTD. Gary Shaw was still recovering from a pre season knee op and Terry Donovan played in his place and scored two goals. Dennis Mortimer got our other goal and Ricky Villa scored for Spurs. Ex Villa player Gordon Smith was in the Spurs line up.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2019, 09:37:27 PM »
Is it me or are we generally getting more love in the media since we came back up. I guess we’re a loveable plucky attacking promoted team instead of a horrible dysfunctional team overdue for relegation.

True, but I think it’s more because we bring excitement. Our matches are not dull.

Yep. Perhaps there was never a great anti-Villa media conspiracy and that we were just as rancid to everyone else as we all realised we were ourselves?

Nonsense. It’s all all pervading and starts with the Illuminati and their Lizard King, Trevor Francis.

I'd definitely prefer the Doors if they'd had Trevor Francis as their frontman.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2019, 11:43:46 PM »
Anyone know at which point we feature on the opening credits?

Certainly a blink and miss it feature.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2019, 11:14:45 AM »
Anyone know at which point we feature on the opening credits?

Certainly a blink and miss it feature.

The Wolves one looks like they've just taken a picture of the city centre on a Saturday afternoon, no sunlight and wild animals roaming freely.

Offline KRS

« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2019, 10:11:42 AM »
I was thinking this the other day. After watching back a few times, we’re on the second set of clubs with Burnley and West Ham (after the big hammer graphic) with Jack on the right above an old school rampant lion:

Like you say, blink and you’ll miss it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 10:13:45 AM by KRS »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2019, 11:17:19 AM »
Claret sleeves 😡😡😡

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2019, 02:27:29 PM »
It seemed like we were an after thought for most of the MOTD graphics when we were in the Prem. I think on the last ones it was a blink and you miss it clip of the score board in the Trinity / Holte corner.

Offline IFWaters

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2019, 10:45:31 PM »
Is that it???? 2 sentences ffs

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2019, 12:35:46 AM »
I was thinking this the other day. After watching back a few times, we’re on the second set of clubs with Burnley and West Ham (after the big hammer graphic) with Jack on the right above an old school rampant lion:

Like you say, blink and you’ll miss it.

Is our stadium even featured, ground looks more like Turf Moor. Odd when apparently MOTD editor is a Villa fan.

Offline KRS

« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2019, 10:08:56 AM »
It must be Turf Moor and I have absolutely no idea what’s supposed to be growing out of the top of it as it resembles nothing from the Burnley badge.

Also no idea why the West Ham imagery is much bigger, than both Villa and Burnley especially when they have a full graphic on the screen before the one above.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 10:11:29 AM by KRS »

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2019, 07:26:49 PM »
A claret and blue homage from motd

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal