collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 150012 times)

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
Re: MOTD
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2019, 09:57:21 PM »
Like probably many on here last night was the first time I had watched MOTD for about 5 years. What the hell happened to Des Lynam?

I tend to get on iPlayer during live broadcast and just watch the bits I want, but yes this season first time in many, the exile is over.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2019, 10:14:01 PM »
Amazingly Danny Murphy didn't have a lot to say about us. Perhaps it was something to do with us playing well and winning? Just a thought....

Alan Shearer was very complimentary about our performance. Murphy was critical of Norwich.

That's just pretty much how it works on MOTD. One pundit speaks about team, and one speaks about the other.

That's a very credible response. However, I think Murphy is a complete twat!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2019, 10:16:03 PM »
Amazingly Danny Murphy didn't have a lot to say about us. Perhaps it was something to do with us playing well and winning? Just a thought....
Have anyone ever figured out what exactly is Danny Murphy's problem? Did we do something when he was a player that he never got over or is he just after click bait/attention?

Think he just said he never enjoyed playing at Villa Park and never really got why we see ourselves as bigger than Leeds who he's always hyping up.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2019, 11:02:59 PM »
He's not the brightest - Danny Murphy.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2019, 11:31:41 PM »

Alan Shearer was very complimentary about our performance. Murphy was critical of Norwich.

That's just pretty much how it works on MOTD. One pundit speaks about team, and one speaks about the other.

That's a very credible response. However, I think Murphy is a complete twat!

A Liverpool fan I know says he is very unpopular at Anfield too. Apparently one of the first things Benitez did was to drop him, then sell him and they reckon he is always doing them down ever since.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2019, 01:15:42 AM »
It was just lovely to watch MOTD on Saturday night and know I was going to see 5 Villa goals!

Hopefully we will be featured under similar circumstances for the rest of the season.  :)

Offline sid1964

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2019, 07:15:36 AM »
The commentary of our game was awful, I did not realise that we were playing a relegation rival (does this mean we want to be relegated?), every time we scored the commentators voice went up by about 3 octaves (my dog started to howl at the television)

Offline Sdwbvf

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2019, 07:51:23 AM »
I don't reckon they were expecting to put us on second so didn't send a decent commentator. It sounded like it had been added afterwards to me.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2019, 01:31:10 PM »
I don't reckon they were expecting to put us on second so didn't send a decent commentator. It sounded like it had been added afterwards to me.

Reminds me on the GotM competition when they used to add commentary to the entries that was not there in the original match as all they had done for that was to show a minute of highlights.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2019, 01:50:24 PM »
About the standard of commentating that expected from quest

Online TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2019, 02:43:43 PM »
I just wish BBC Sport come clean and admit that half the MOTD commentaries are recorded in a Salford studio after the tape has been edited.

"City still looking an equalizer...  and there it is!"
"Jose Bloggeski has scored on his debut in both Serie A and La Liga... and now he can add the Premier League to that list!"
Etc.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2019, 03:54:43 PM »
I absolutely loathe commentating, it’s such utter drivel.  Stat after meaningless stat that has no relevance to the actual outcome of the match, getting overly excited as if everything they see is amazing and has never happened before, and very little actual knowledge imparted of what’s happening in the game aside from what the viewer can actually see himself.

If a game is on the radio I want a commentator to describe what’s happening in play, if I can see what’s happening on TV then I want a commentator to use his superior footballing knowledge to point out things that may not be immediately obvious, adding value.  Not just stupid stats and telling now and then who just passed the ball when I’ve just seen who it was myself.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2019, 04:56:56 PM »
I just wish BBC Sport come clean and admit that half the MOTD commentaries are recorded in a Salford studio after the tape has been edited.

"Jose Bloggeski has scored on his debut in both Serie A and La Liga... and now he can add the Premier League to that list!"
Etc.

I thought Jose Bloggeski was the character Alexei Sayle played in the young ones.  ;)

Offline Damo70

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2019, 05:00:07 PM »
I absolutely loathe commentating, it’s such utter drivel.  Stat after meaningless stat that has no relevance to the actual outcome of the match, getting overly excited as if everything they see is amazing and has never happened before, and very little actual knowledge imparted of what’s happening in the game aside from what the viewer can actually see himself.

If a game is on the radio I want a commentator to describe what’s happening in play, if I can see what’s happening on TV then I want a commentator to use his superior footballing knowledge to point out things that may not be immediately obvious, adding value.  Not just stupid stats and telling now and then who just passed the ball when I’ve just seen who it was myself.

You should get together with my old man and have a good rant together. His opinions on football commentators and particularly football statistics are very much like yours. Alhough I should warn you he is a nose.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2019, 06:23:56 PM »

Etc.

I thought Jose Bloggeski was the character Alexei Sayle played in the young ones.  ;)

Speaking of Alexei, series 3 of his Imaginary Sandwich Bar is a quality listen through BBC Sounds.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal