collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Pete3206
[Today at 04:00:54 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 04:00:34 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 04:00:30 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by nigel
[Today at 04:00:08 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 03:59:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:59:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Richard E
[Today at 03:59:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 03:58:12 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carabao (League) Cup 4th Round - Wolves (h)  (Read 31258 times)

Offline sid1964

Re: Carabao (League) Cup 4th Round - Wolves (h)
« Reply #135 on: October 04, 2019, 07:03:28 AM »
The TV will generally show the teams that get the higher viewing figures, that is why every FA cup game featuring Man Utd is shown on the telly.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #136 on: October 04, 2019, 07:11:49 AM »
At £10 a ticket, it seems such a waste to have 3000 empty seats.  It's a game that would clearly sell out full capacity.

Somehow Villa need to come up with a flexible system that has minimum impact in order to accommodate away cup allocations and also to utilise seats on occasions when normal away allocations are not sold out.
I posted earlier about this. Theres a simple solution used in plenty of grounds. We know what 10% of our stadium is. All they need to do is install roller shutters further along the concourses in the DE stand to accomodate an extra 1000 seats. Inside the ground a few empty rows of seats with netting on as a buffer zone. Add a few more stewards to control it. It really is that simple. As for the upcoming Wolves  game i'm hearing a lot of those who normally create a great atmosphere next to the away section in the lower north kicking off about it. Another simple solution here. Why don't all those affected just get their seats in the lower Doug?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 07:20:37 AM by The Edge »

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #137 on: October 04, 2019, 08:15:45 AM »
At £10 a ticket, it seems such a waste to have 3000 empty seats.  It's a game that would clearly sell out full capacity.

Somehow Villa need to come up with a flexible system that has minimum impact in order to accommodate away cup allocations and also to utilise seats on occasions when normal away allocations are not sold out.
I posted earlier about this. Theres a simple solution used in plenty of grounds. We know what 10% of our stadium is. All they need to do is install roller shutters further along the concourses in the DE stand to accomodate an extra 1000 seats. Inside the ground a few empty rows of seats with netting on as a buffer zone. Add a few more stewards to control it. It really is that simple. As for the upcoming Wolves  game i'm hearing a lot of those who normally create a great atmosphere next to the away section in the lower north kicking off about it. Another simple solution here. Why don't all those affected just get their seats in the lower Doug?

It isn't that simple because of access to seats, segregation of concourses and emergency exits.

Online The Edge

« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2019, 08:47:01 AM »

It isn't that simple because of access to seats, segregation of concourses and emergency exits.
Segregation of concourses is simple. A set of roller shutters further along the concourse used only for such occasions. Some rejigging of catering amenities and toilet facilities might also be needed but again that would be straight forward. Access to seating wouldn't be affected. You come up at the nearest staircase and walk along until you get to the right block. That's the same as now. It really isn't a big deal to do it. Even the baggies can do it in the poxy Smethwick end. Numerous clubs have stands that can be altered on a match to match basis.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 08:50:57 AM by The Edge »

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #139 on: October 04, 2019, 12:23:20 PM »
The TV will generally show the teams that get the higher viewing figures, that is why every FA cup game featuring Man Utd is shown on the telly.

I understand (not necessarily accepting that I like it) that for broadcasters with ad ertising revenue to protect. The BBC though, choose ManUtd for cup games whenever they get a chance. The arseholes.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #140 on: October 04, 2019, 12:36:51 PM »
I doubt they'll get better viewing figures in this case, anyway. Separate games on Tuesday and Wednesday would have been better in terms of total viewing figures, rather than splitting your audience on Wednesday.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #141 on: October 04, 2019, 03:04:42 PM »

Segregation of concourses is simple. A set of roller shutters further along the concourse used only for such occasions. Some rejigging of catering amenities and toilet facilities might also be needed but again that would be straight forward. Access to seating wouldn't be affected. You come up at the nearest staircase and walk along until you get to the right block. That's the same as now. It really isn't a big deal to do it. Even the baggies can do it in the poxy Smethwick end. Numerous clubs have stands that can be altered on a match to match basis.

Other stands may well have been built for such eventualities; that one wasn't. To give one example, it's not going to be very  straightforward to alter toilet facilities for seats that are in the home section when the toilets (other facilities/emergency exits) are behind the rollershutters that can apparently be installed so easily.

Online The Edge

« Reply #142 on: October 04, 2019, 03:21:09 PM »

Other stands may well have been built for such eventualities; that one wasn't. To give one example, it's not going to be very  straightforward to alter toilet facilities for seats that are in the home section when the toilets (other facilities/emergency exits) are behind the rollershutters that can apparently be installed so easily.
Ive worked in construction for over 25 years.  I know this can be done relatively easy. Costs may be a stumbling block or perhaps future development of the ground would make it a waste of money, time and effort. It's got to be better than giving them a whole stand behind the goals.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #143 on: October 04, 2019, 03:24:54 PM »

Ive worked in construction for over 25 years.  I know this can be done relatively easy. Costs may be a stumbling block or perhaps future development of the ground would make it a waste of money, time and effort. It's got to be better than giving them a whole stand behind the goals.

And are you also experienced in the licensing of football grounds? The stand's been like this since 1994 so I doubt it's something that hasn't been looked at previously.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #144 on: October 04, 2019, 04:22:56 PM »
If it was straightforward, do you not think we'd just do it?

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #145 on: October 04, 2019, 09:56:07 PM »
Wolves have been allocated 5,300 tickets. 

Not sure if that's just the upper tier or perhaps the upper tier and part of the normal away section?

1000 more than they're entitled to but hey ho.

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2019, 08:17:25 AM »
The whole North Stand holds 7086 not sure on the Upper to Lower split

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #147 on: October 05, 2019, 08:44:49 AM »
Roughly 4000 upper 3000 lower.

Online The Edge

« Reply #148 on: October 05, 2019, 11:37:48 AM »

And are you also experienced in the licensing of football grounds? The stand's been like this since 1994 so I doubt it's something that hasn't been looked at previously.
No i'm not. But i'm pretty sure the club will have some experience in these matters.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #149 on: October 05, 2019, 11:39:37 AM »

No i'm not. But i'm pretty sure the club will have some experience in these matters.

Exactly. As Lastfootstamper said, if it was that straightforward they'd have done it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 11:41:37 AM by dave.woodhall »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal