collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carabao (League) Cup 4th Round - Wolves (h)  (Read 31235 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Carabao (League) Cup 4th Round - Wolves (h)
« Reply #195 on: October 21, 2019, 12:32:17 PM »
Sounds plausible. I thought it was more due to the difficulty of segregating them when you have to allow a minimum number which is greater than our usual allocation? So you may as well give them the extra seats as they'll be empty otherwise.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2019, 12:33:50 PM »
Sounds plausible. I thought it was more due to the difficulty of segregating them when you have to allow a minimum number which is greater than our usual allocation? So you may as well give them the extra seats as they'll be empty otherwise.

I've no idea, but either is possible.   

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #197 on: October 21, 2019, 12:50:18 PM »

I've no idea, but either is possible.

As I understand it, even though Villa are allowing ST holders in for free, the league still require Villa to declare these seats as paid for, as per equivalent prices elsewhere in the ground.  Furthermore, away fans must be charged the same as home fans for similar areas.  By allowing ST holders in for free, there is no incentive for Villa to charge paying home or away fans a great deal.  This is because the more that is charged, the more we have to cough up for the free spaces.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #198 on: October 21, 2019, 01:00:43 PM »
Since moving up north I haven’t made it to weekday games at Villa Park, despite having a season ticket, but have made an exception for this Wolves Cup game.

It has entailed booking a city centre hotel & having to be on a 6.15am train the following morning to get into work in time - but the fixture is exciting for me so I’m on my way!

So if I’m anything to go by maybe more season ticket holders than usual will turn up!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #199 on: October 21, 2019, 01:02:10 PM »
I do wonder if we might get another Swansea style fudge with a virtually full house and a declaration that the crowd was actually only thirty thousand...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 01:07:19 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #200 on: October 21, 2019, 01:41:04 PM »
Why? I struggle to see why season ticket holders are going to be boycotting a non-televised local derby when they all attended a televised Monday night game against West Ham.

'Boycotting' is a bit of a strong word cd. It'll be a game in a secondary cup competition with plenty of reserves playing.

ST holders should have had to opt-in by a given date and the spare tickets put on sale.

EDIT - as the Head Dave has already said

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #201 on: October 21, 2019, 02:00:52 PM »
Seems unnecessary. And it's inevitable that the system would have crashed and people would have moaned that they couldn't get a ticket. It'll be near a full house. I see no reason why any more will be unable to attend this game than were unable to make a televised Monday night game against West Ham near peak holiday season. You always get a few missing who have made other plans, but I doubt it will be any more than for our league games. And I don't think we will see too many reserves, either.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #202 on: October 21, 2019, 02:36:54 PM »
Given how many season ticket holders and members we have now, I'd speculate that to be in with a shout of Wembley tickets you're going to have to at the very least turn up for home ties.

Offline shirley_villan

« Reply #203 on: October 21, 2019, 02:43:08 PM »
I think there will be loads of empty seats. Some people just don't care about cup matches and some people won't be able to make it with it being a week game and won't bother to give their ticket to somebody else. Look at the FA Cup match against Swansea in January- that was free for ST holders and sold out but there were was nowhere near 40k there. Very frustrating that the club couldn't come up with a system but where you had to claim your seat, as we'd have easily sold out still.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #204 on: October 21, 2019, 03:06:10 PM »
I think there will be loads of empty seats. Some people just don't care about cup matches and some people won't be able to make it with it being a week game and won't bother to give their ticket to somebody else. Look at the FA Cup match against Swansea in January- that was free for ST holders and sold out but there were was nowhere near 40k there. Very frustrating that the club couldn't come up with a system but where you had to claim your seat, as we'd have easily sold out still.
It usually happens for cup games, you have until a certain date to claim your seat and if you don't it's then put on sale. It's not rocket science and as you say would have seen a complete sell out still as I've seen lots of fans asking for spare tickets and saying they couldn't get one. Now there will be 3k-4k unnecessary empty seats in the ground I reckon.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #205 on: October 21, 2019, 03:41:23 PM »
What is to stop people claiming their seat in advance, not knowing at that point whether they would actually be going or not?  I would certainly claim my seat if it was free and then cross the bridge of deciding whether to go nearer the time.

As a side issue, I think this game is a bit different.  It's got a bit of needle given the mouthing off that Wolves have been doing over the past 2 years.  Our reserves are better than last seasons first team.  The football we are playing is exciting and there are a few players that people will want to have the opportunity of watching for the first time.  I don't think there will be that many empty seats.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #206 on: October 22, 2019, 09:05:19 AM »
Another sold out game

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #207 on: October 22, 2019, 09:14:00 AM »
I see it as a free hit , yes I do want us to give it large to their fat gobs but as long as we get something a week and a half later at the custard bowl all good

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #208 on: October 22, 2019, 09:49:41 AM »
I'd love to beat those gobby twats, twice.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #209 on: October 22, 2019, 02:47:49 PM »
I'd love to beat those gobby twats, twice.

Thrice.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal