collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[Today at 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Domestic and European Rugby Union  (Read 44070 times)

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
Re: Domestic and European Rugby Union
« Reply #210 on: August 01, 2022, 08:44:10 PM »
Exeter Rugby's re-branding exercise is complete and now features Rylan in the club crest/badge rather than a native American, all the bars in Sandy Park have also been re-named.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #211 on: August 01, 2022, 08:54:44 PM »
Exeter Rugby's re-branding exercise is complete and now features Rylan in the club crest/badge rather than a native American, all the bars in Sandy Park have also been re-named.

My initial thought was that it was Genghis Khan.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #212 on: August 01, 2022, 09:02:05 PM »

What was the background to this Jon? Was it along the lines of the Washington NFL stuff?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #213 on: August 01, 2022, 09:07:04 PM »

What was the background to this Jon? Was it along the lines of the Washington NFL stuff?

Yep, pretty much exactly that.

From a selfish point of view if it means the fans stop doing the tomahawk chop bollocks for half the game every week then I'm just sad they didn't change things years ago.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2022, 12:46:22 PM »
They might say that they’re going to increase to 14, but it doesn’t happen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/60590815

Shame that London Irish moved in with Brentford, that would have been an ideal ground share for Ealing

I think Doncaster would've been fine had they won, their application was cloe enough that it would've been possible to resolve it. Ealing's ground just isn't up to standard and there's no way they could've fixed it in time. I don't think it's fair to suggest the rules have been setup to create a closed door in any way, it's more that teams need to be able to, financially, hold their own in the league, as well as having the facilities needed to broadcast, etc.

I suspect what will happen this year is the minimum capacity rule will be changed to a figure that most championship clubs can achieve with temporary faciilities and Ealing will work to sort the other issues. I'd be suprised if they don't come up next season.

That works both ways though Paul. If there is no relegation don't reinvent the wheel just to put Sarries up. Hope you are keeping well by the way.

Stuart - New Assistant Head Coach of the Minis at Stourbridge

You'll never get an argument from me on that, letting sarries come back up in the way they did was pathetic.

On the subject of sarries and ground regulations I thinl there is now enough evidence to make a decision to ban 5g pitches in top flight and european rugby.

Disagree. Not because you are wrong but because we have one now!

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2022, 12:52:01 PM »
Fixtures came out yesterday for the kids I coach. A few new ones in the calendar but Moseley should be most fun. If no other reason than my old mucka Adam Balding runs things there now. I can see a Gloucester scout turn up to watch Spencer at last. I know you always rate your own kids but my youngest lad is frightening. He has already played some regional stuff and knocked back Worcester for playing with them. Hey, I might get some free tickets to Kingsholm!

Offline paul_e

« Reply #216 on: August 02, 2022, 01:00:34 PM »
On the subject of sarries and ground regulations I thinl there is now enough evidence to make a decision to ban 5g pitches in top flight and european rugby.

Disagree. Not because you are wrong but because we have one now!

I'm just not convinced they're as safe as they're claimed to be, with plenty of players reporting burns and there being a suggestion of upper body injuries being increased on them. On top of that there's evidence of improved home performances for almost every team that installs one.

At lower levels I can see there's a financial argument and that they help ensure the pitch is in playable condition but they don't hold up at the top levels which is why, for now, I'd just like to see them banned in top flight and european rugby.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2022, 01:29:42 PM »
The one at Bournville for example is used for stuff year round and seems to play alright but nobody has wanged my body through it.

We are doing U8's this year for the coaching so still a year until full contact but am helping a bit with U9's as well. Spacial awareness for the younger ones and safe tackle and set piece for the older ones.

As it goes one under my tutelage is Oscar, Shaun Perry's lad.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #218 on: August 02, 2022, 02:15:55 PM »
My mate is one of the main sponsors of Coventry Rugby, and they've got a 5G pitch. He says it's absolutely transformed the club in a  number of ways.

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #219 on: August 02, 2022, 04:33:10 PM »
I'm still suffering from a toe injury sustained about 20 years ago on the old crappy all-weather pitches that they used to have at the University of Birmingham

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #220 on: August 17, 2022, 08:01:42 PM »
Worcester Warriors in talks with the taxman over the threat of a winding-up petition over an unpaid tax bill. Club say they are on the brink of new funding, but have suffered unavoidable delays due to Covid.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #221 on: August 27, 2022, 02:33:39 PM »
Worcester doesn’t sound too clever at all….seems the owners have been shall we say moving land assets around….hopefully Diamond is part of a consortium to keep it together or can see a stampede out of the door….vultures will be circling for VanderMerve, Hill etc

Offline paul_e

« Reply #222 on: August 28, 2022, 03:06:34 PM »
I've been told 3rd or 4th hand that Tuesday or Wednesday will see something big about Worcester. I wish I had more details.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #223 on: August 28, 2022, 08:08:57 PM »
Can’t see it being good news

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #224 on: August 31, 2022, 10:31:56 AM »
Not good news players and staff have been told they won't be paid on time this week, throwing doubt on whether they will be able take their place in the Premiership this season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal