collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:43:09 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Gareth
[Today at 08:27:22 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:43:09 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:38:11 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:34:31 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Gareth
[Today at 08:27:22 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:26:47 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 08:15:22 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 220065 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #480 on: November 10, 2019, 04:04:42 PM »
The truth is while Jack is an outstanding player we only have one player anywhere near that quality. In the PL that's just not enough.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #481 on: November 10, 2019, 04:05:56 PM »
I'm getting a bit fed up of Smith's lack of flexibility regarding formation. Try something else.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #482 on: November 10, 2019, 04:07:44 PM »
The truth is while Jack is an outstanding player we only have one player anywhere near that quality. In the PL that's just not enough.

Fair to a point. I think some of the recruitment, Nakamba, Engels, Guilbert to name 3 have the potential to be decent premiership players. 

We’re not getting battered (yet!) by anyone which if I compare to Watford, Norwich and Southampton is a big plus.

I think a team could stay up this year on 34.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #483 on: November 10, 2019, 04:07:58 PM »
Our next five fixtures...outside of Newcastle who are actually in decent form...fuck me. Sheff Utd at their place will be rock hard. We might only get 4 points from the next 15

NEWCASTLE H
MAN U A
CHELSEA A
LEICESTER H
SHEFF UTD A

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #484 on: November 10, 2019, 04:09:01 PM »

That's an issue when you just buy young and up coming players from smaller leagues. No problem with that policy but we also need some experienced players.

We need to do this in January, step up the transfer quality a little.

People wonder why Wolves are again top half and pretty much through to europa league knock outs. Moutinho in midfield has about 80 caps for Portugal. Neves was starting in the CL at 19 years old. Jimenez, 22 goals in 70 games for Mexico.

That's the sort of proven quality we need in next two transfer windows if we are serious about being top half in this league this time next year.

Offline levico

« Reply #485 on: November 10, 2019, 04:09:13 PM »
This is exactly what I feared about getting back into the PL, particularly with a manager ,who I love, but with no relevant experience.

We’re doing a full circle, with or without Grealish.

It’s going to be a long hard winter and January signings are essential.

Obviously too early to say we’re going down but it’s a distinct possibility as things stand.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #486 on: November 10, 2019, 04:09:58 PM »
I can't see many points there. The plus side is we won't be suffering the same sort of January transfer window we had in 2016.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #487 on: November 10, 2019, 04:12:21 PM »
All about January now. I’ll be extremely surprised if we’re not in the bottom 3 at Christmas and if we don’t spend big money, at least, on a striker and one wide player, we may as well admit we’re down.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #488 on: November 10, 2019, 04:14:13 PM »
The Man City/Liverpool double-header always had the potential to destabilise us a little.  We have to regroup now and not panic or lose our heads.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #489 on: November 10, 2019, 04:15:29 PM »
Our next five fixtures...outside of Newcastle who are actually in decent form...fuck me. Sheff Utd at their place will be rock hard. We might only get 4 points from the next 15

NEWCASTLE H
MAN U A
CHELSEA A
LEICESTER H
SHEFF UTD A

The 5-6 fixtures after that will decide our season I think.

Norwich (h)

Southampton (h)

Watford (a)

Burnley (a)

Man. City (h) (o.k let's ignore that one).

Brighton (a)

Watford (h)

Make or break period certainly. We need to get our key players fit and ready to win 2-3 of those and then things will look much better.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #490 on: November 10, 2019, 04:16:35 PM »
Of course there's a chance we're going down, the same applies to at least half the division. We shouldn't even be in the top flight considering where we were 9 months ago. The changes we've undergone meant it was going to be a struggle at times, and is underlined by 9 months ago we were about to lose 2-0 at home to Albion to kill off any hopes of promotion. I'd bet that hardly any of us seriously believed we had a chance after that game. 2 players started today that started that Albion game, that's how much we've had to change things in such a short time.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #491 on: November 10, 2019, 04:23:47 PM »
We won't go down. Have people forgotten just how shit Norwich, Watford and Newcastle are?!

And that's before we get to 9-0 Southampton, Sheff United who will drop off sooner or later and a host of other extremely average bottom half clubs.

We're currently missing our best player, our goalie and one of our centre halves. To compound matters, the guy we brought in as back up to our best player is also injured. And in our last three games we've played the two best teams in the league and possibly Europe.

It's really not that bad.

Offline KRS

« Reply #492 on: November 10, 2019, 04:29:19 PM »
No. We’ve only played 12 games so far with a new squad. There will be 3 worse teams than us.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #493 on: November 10, 2019, 04:30:46 PM »
We won't go down. Have people forgotten just how shit Norwich, Watford and Newcastle are?!

And that's before we get to 9-0 Southampton, Sheff United who will drop off sooner or later and a host of other extremely average bottom half clubs.

We're currently missing our best player, our goalie and one of our centre halves. To compound matters, the guy we brought in as back up to our best player is also injured. And in our last three games we've played the two best teams in the league and possibly Europe.

It's really not that bad.

Newcastle have just won their last 2 games and Watford are better than their position suggests. They won't go down.

We need to worry about ourselves first and foremost and there are concrete things to worry about.

11 points from 12 games with a really tough run of games after Newcastle is something to worry about.

We cannot afford to get into a death spiral.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #494 on: November 10, 2019, 04:30:53 PM »
Newcastle are looking o.k atm, that's a very dangerous game for us particularly if we don't have our full 11 out. They have rapid players on the counter attack.

Get the feeling Watford are going on a run, they have some winnable games over next five fixtures.

Southampton and Norwich do look relegation material though. That said Southampton could well change their manager, they've done that previous two seasons and stayed up just.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal