collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by LeeB
[Today at 02:51:15 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Astnor
[Today at 02:46:26 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 02:36:48 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Astnor
[Today at 02:28:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 219870 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #465 on: November 10, 2019, 03:52:58 PM »
I think we are going down.

It's all well and good putting together patches of decent play in the big games but ultimately futile if you come away with zero points.

Where are the matches where we can really be expected to take three points?

The full strength side is barely good enough and even the slightest exposure to injuries and we look like a lower half championship side.

I am sure we will have plenty of games where we will be able to say we played well, but in too many of those games we will fail to take points.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #466 on: November 10, 2019, 03:55:30 PM »
We'll stay up no problem.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #467 on: November 10, 2019, 03:55:53 PM »
No

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #468 on: November 10, 2019, 03:56:04 PM »
To think the 140m or whatever it was we spent got us to become a bottom six side. And we will drop even lower without another 50m being spent in January. Our forward options are fucking mince.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #469 on: November 10, 2019, 03:56:33 PM »
We've got half the team out, and we've narrowly lost to a team that qualified for Europe and another that won the European Cup. I'm not going to reach for the razor blades just yet. Get Grealish fit and bring on Newcastle.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #470 on: November 10, 2019, 03:57:50 PM »

It's all well and good putting together patches of decent play in the big games but ultimately futile if you come away with zero points.

The full strength side is barely good enough and even the slightest exposure to injuries and we look like a lower half championship side.

I am sure we will have plenty of games where we will be able to say we played well, but in too many of those games we will fail to take points.

Two of the teams we beat last month?

We play Norwich, Southampton and Watford over 7 days in December. I think it's fair to say with Liverpool cup game also thrown into the mix that is a hugely critical part of the season and will set the tone for how big the task is from January onwards.

We'll stay up but we need to keep our big players fit. Newcastle is winnable game but that will be a struggle if likes of Heaton and Grealish are out as they simply gives the whole team more confidence and quality out there.

Today to me showed the mistake in not doing more on August 31s. We lack quality in the final third.

Let's remember we barely won a game for three months without Grealish in the championship so not sure why people are expecting us to go to established prem teams away from home and get at least a point.

I fully expected us to lose when I saw the team at 1pm. Good at least for our GD we somehow only lost by one goal.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #471 on: November 10, 2019, 03:58:37 PM »
While I have a hard time seeing any squad currently in the bottom three accumulating more points than us, I AM NOT HAPPY with the product right now.

Dean is doing a poor job, there's no way around that fact. We can't play into our lone striker, our wingers are terrible and we throw away points.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #472 on: November 10, 2019, 03:59:10 PM »
Wesley seems to have two settings - best player on the pitch or absent.

Not buying another striker was a mistake.

I don't think we'll be experiencing a comedy relegation like the last time we went down, I think we'll be one of those sides people think try to play good stuff but ultimately fail.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #473 on: November 10, 2019, 03:59:11 PM »
Newcastle will nick a 1-0 off us, nailed on.

I think the team is too lightweight tbh.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #474 on: November 10, 2019, 03:59:58 PM »
No. We’ve had one transfer window where we rebuilt the squad.  It was always going to be a tough first year back.

Some smart additions in Jan and I think we will be fine.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #475 on: November 10, 2019, 04:00:49 PM »
Newcastle won't be a pushover at all. They've won 2 straight, will be very confident. If Jack is back I can see us getting something from it, and that something needs to be a win. But if not then I just don't see how we can win.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #476 on: November 10, 2019, 04:01:56 PM »
No, not at all.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #477 on: November 10, 2019, 04:02:44 PM »

Two of the teams we beat last month?

We play Norwich, Southampton and Watford over 7 days in December. I think it's fair to say with Liverpool cup game also thrown into the mix that is a hugely critical part of the season and will set the tone for how big the task is from January onwards.

We'll stay up but we need to keep our big players fit. Newcastle is winnable game but that will be a struggle if likes of Heaton and Grealish are out as they simply gives the whole team more confidence and quality out there.

Today to me showed the mistake in not doing more on August 31s. We lack quality in the final third.

Let's remember we barely won a game for three months without Grealish in the championship so not sure why people are expecting us to go to established prem teams away from home and get at least a point.

I fully expected us to lose when I saw the team at 1pm. Good at least for our GD we somehow only lost by one goal.

The point about Grealish - that's exactly it. He gets injured and we can't be expecting to get anything against a team barely above us in the league.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #478 on: November 10, 2019, 04:03:24 PM »
Grealish missing is a nightmare for us, if affects the whole team.

On the flipside, when he comes back it'll give the whole team a boost and we will batter someone.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #479 on: November 10, 2019, 04:03:54 PM »
No. We’ve had one transfer window where we rebuilt the squad.  It was always going to be a tough first year back.

Some smart additions in Jan and I think we will be fine.

Same for me. I said in August 14th place and 42 points.

Think Norwich and Southampton will start getting cut adrift in next few weeks, the danger is Watford could go on a run, they have some streaky players.

Again I get the feeling some were getting carried away after the Norwich and Brighton wins and thinking top half was a certainty. Reality is Norwich are the worst team in this league and Brighton played with 10 men for 50 minutes and we only just beat them.

Since then we've lost three games in which I only really expected a point at best (and we should've got that point unexpectedly last week) And we played two of those games without our best player.

There are reasons if you look beyond the reactionary stuff. I was more worried in August when we weren't winning and didn't really look like scoring much.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal