collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 219936 times)

Offline Pat Mustard

Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #180 on: September 16, 2019, 03:49:05 PM »
Worried? I can't bloody wait for every game!  We've got a manager and a team looking as committed as any side we've had in 20 years, Villa Park is absolutely rocking, and even if the worst does happen I've lost the fear of relegation as the Championship was great fun for the last 2 years.

I say we go out every week without fear, players and supporters.  We've got so much going for us right now that we have to keep it going even if results go against us - stick to what we are doing and we will be more than alright.  The absolute worst thing we could do is start to get worried and retreat into our shells.  If results go against us then just get louder, play more aggressively and make others worry about us.  What was it Dean said last season about not just winning this game, but putting fear into your next opponents?  That's what I want to hear from everyone.

I'll leave you with this - imagine being a West Ham fan leaving Villa Park tonight having tasted the atmosphere we will generate. Then imagine having to go back and play in that soulless dome at the weekend.  I know whose shoes I'd rather be in.

Worried?  Not a chance.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #181 on: September 16, 2019, 04:37:10 PM »
We have just had two seasons of finishing in the top six. We were always likely to lose more games in our first season back in the Premier League. Everybody at the club from the owners to the supporters has to keep their bottle this season. We may well take a couple of heavy beatings and we may well go through lean spells during the course of the season. But panicking is not an option. Anybody who is losing their bottle in September is in for a long hard stressful season. Tonight is exactly the sort of game we need to win this season (as was Bournemouth and Everton) but I would suggest that anyone who needs their tie and shoe laces taken off them for their own safety this early in the campaign isn't cut out to be a football fan and should take up fishing or bowls.

I was fishing today. It was far less stressful than supporting Villa. And also far less enjoyable.

I have only been fishing once. On a lovely day on my uncle's mate's boat off the coast of Australia. I was bored shitless. I was only seventeen but realised there and then that if I didn't enjoy fishing in those circumsatances I was never going to be one of those people who gets up at 5am on a Sunday morning to go fishing in the rain in England.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #182 on: September 16, 2019, 04:38:17 PM »
Worried? I can't bloody wait for every game!  We've got a manager and a team looking as committed as any side we've had in 20 years, Villa Park is absolutely rocking, and even if the worst does happen I've lost the fear of relegation as the Championship was great fun for the last 2 years.

I say we go out every week without fear, players and supporters.  We've got so much going for us right now that we have to keep it going even if results go against us - stick to what we are doing and we will be more than alright.  The absolute worst thing we could do is start to get worried and retreat into our shells.  If results go against us then just get louder, play more aggressively and make others worry about us.  What was it Dean said last season about not just winning this game, but putting fear into your next opponents?  That's what I want to hear from everyone.

I'll leave you with this - imagine being a West Ham fan leaving Villa Park tonight having tasted the atmosphere we will generate. Then imagine having to go back and play in that soulless dome at the weekend.  I know whose shoes I'd rather be in.

Worried?  Not a chance.

That's the attitude we need. Excellent rallying call to the masses.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #183 on: September 16, 2019, 04:40:14 PM »

Worried?  Not a chance.

spot on Pat....

UTV
The Doc

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #184 on: September 16, 2019, 05:11:34 PM »
I say we go out every week without fear, players and supporters.

I'll be bloody worried if we go out every week without players!  Especially if the stadium is empty!

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2019, 06:09:11 PM »
Lose tonight and I will start to become concerned ... we need points on the board

IF we lose tonight, we will be 3 points off mid table having played teams 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 11th, and 12th.
IF we win tonight, we will be mid table still having played none of the teams in the bottom 7.

Worried - not!

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #186 on: September 16, 2019, 06:11:44 PM »
Win or lose, up the fucking Villa!

Offline jwarry

« Reply #187 on: September 16, 2019, 06:24:01 PM »

Worried?  Not a chance.

spot on Pat....

UTV
The Doc

Yes excellent post Colonel, and spare a thought if you were a dingle too, are they worried?

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #188 on: September 16, 2019, 10:16:27 PM »

Worried?  Not a chance.

Great fun in the championship? Revisionism comes to mind...The club was weeks away from bankruptcy at one point during all the fun

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #189 on: September 16, 2019, 10:19:54 PM »
The last few months were bloody ace.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #190 on: September 16, 2019, 10:55:17 PM »
We're competing well.

Defensively I think we're looking very solid, one goal conceded in three games.

More to come from midfield, Marvellous had a decent debut so another option for DM or box to box now.

But goodness me the decision not to sign another attacking player is very baffling to me and it's starting to hurt us. Tonight with 10 men to play for last 20 minutes we only had one attacking player on the bench and he's scored about 4 goals in two championship seasons.

Going to be a struggle to win games up to January I'm afraid for all our promising play.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #191 on: September 16, 2019, 11:09:46 PM »
We're competing well.

Defensively I think we're looking very solid, one goal conceded in three games.

More to come from midfield, Marvellous had a decent debut so another option for DM or box to box now.

But goodness me the decision not to sign another attacking player is very baffling to me and it's starting to hurt us. Tonight with 10 men to play for last 20 minutes we only had one attacking player on the bench and he's scored about 4 goals in two championship seasons.

Going to be a struggle to win games up to January I'm afraid for all our promising play.

The actual shot count in the game though was that they had 13 to our 10, but 5 of ours were on target and only one of theirs. Some of our best chances don’t even his that count e.g. the Grealish chance near the end was a whisker from being a goal but was not any kind of shot. The team are clearly working hard on improving which is currently getting us into scoring positions, and for me, sooner or later those start to go in.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2019, 11:14:14 PM »
A little concerned as to where our goals are going to come from on tonight's showing.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2019, 11:15:02 PM »
Fair point amfy but in the other hand out actual shots on goal we’re all woeful! (with the exception of SJM’s low shot, which fabianski did well to get a hand to).

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2019, 11:17:29 PM »
Their 13 shots takes us to 90 shots conceded in 5 games which is second highest after Arsenal. We need to reduce that however it's not effecting us negatively.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal