collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:20:52 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 02:15:26 PM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 219864 times)

Offline Nastylee

Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2019, 09:42:14 AM »
36 points seems a long way away.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2019, 09:47:48 AM »
Worried? Not in the slightest, not after 4 games anyway. We'll improve as the season goes on.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2019, 09:49:02 AM »
36 points seems a long way away.

As it does for many clubs, we’re one point from 10th place.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2019, 09:50:15 AM »
I'll be worried if we haven't picked up a few points by the conclusion of the Brighton game. We have a run of mostly horrible looking games after that.

Offline Godfrey Brian

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2019, 09:55:00 AM »
We've a lot of learning to come as individuals, team and club throughout this season. Some of that is going to be painful.I do think that the club is now set up to accommodate it and progress though. So not worried but expecting a tough season with regular lows and a few highs.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2019, 09:56:38 AM »
We have a capable squad I would like DS to make changes early when players are not performing.
This for me. He doesn’t react when we’re under the cosh and he should have subbed Tres at half time yesterday as he was booked and playing crap

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2019, 10:01:05 AM »
If we had come up after being out of this League for more than say 10 years no one would worry about  the current state however we are burdened with recent experience and that is making people keeping looking towards loo door.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2019, 10:13:25 AM »
I am but then I worry about everything Villa related.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2019, 10:23:28 AM »
Another point would have been nice as if we can average 2 points per game we will stay up but it’s not terrible and still early days.

2 points per game we''d be going for the Champions' League!

Offline Baldy

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2019, 10:24:41 AM »
No. We would be equal 11th and happy campers if it wasn't for that shocking/disgraceful decision yesterday.

With more new players than any other side in the league we have loads of room for development and can only improve as the season progresses.

Would help immensely if Friend was banned from officiating at any future Villa matches and also prevent him from inciting a possible riot.   >:(

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2019, 10:30:34 AM »
The Bournemouth result is the one thats really fucked us to this point. My early thoughts going into the International break is that it's going to be close. I agree with Risso, specifically for me we need a player that can really protect the defence in that defensive midfield role and i think we need wide attacking players that will really stretch the opposition defence and score goals. These are the 2 areas that are letting us down the most. I actually think that the midfielders we have are good enough but we don't specifically have a real breaker up of play in there, a younger and 'premier league standard version' of Jedinak for example. Trezeguet has a lot of potential and should improve over time but we still look like we need more (and better) options in those positions as well. The ball comes back way too easily from those areas, this is a problem that has remained from last season.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2019, 10:39:23 AM »
I’m still 50/50. Yesterday felt like a bad one partly because we were robbed at the end, partly because of the way we let them back into the game both halves.

But I said before the game a draw was a good result, 4 points from 4 would have been good based on the fixtures, and we only missed out on being in that position through incompetent reffing.

Win next game in convincing fashion and we’re back where we should be, lose and it starts to look dicey.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2019, 10:46:48 AM »
Yes, 4 or certainly 5 points would have been a solid start. As it is we have 3, although it really should have been 4 after yesterday even if we didn't deserve it. If we go all season a point or two short of target for each set of games we're going to be running it close.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2019, 10:57:43 AM »
I think we need to run at a point a game all season so until we get a win behind that I’m not concerned. Home form will be key of course, and the Bournemouth freak has hurt us, after a Arsenal away hopefully we should be 6 for 6. Any points picked up away will be bonus... yesterday should have been one.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2019, 11:04:24 AM »
Yes, 4 or certainly 5 points would have been a solid start. As it is we have 3, although it really should have been 4 after yesterday even if we didn't deserve it. If we go all season a point or two short of target for each set of games we're going to be running it close.

Yep. If we’re a point or two off a run rate of one per game we can easily make that up with a good run. Given the rebuild over the summer we’re likely to get better as the season develops as long as we don’t get into a losing mentality.

Good leadership and squad togetherness are key and I have a lot of faith in both those aspects.

Yesterday might have been a blessing in disguise. Getting robbed by the ref is better mentally than losing fairly after a poor performance and brain fart from trezeguet.   

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal