collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 1-2 Bournemouth Post Match Thread  (Read 34166 times)

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
Re: Aston Villa 1-2 Bournemouth Post Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2019, 05:20:09 PM »
22 shots and 1 goal. Spout stats at me all you want mate.

;D

I’d rather spout stats than brew negativity.. two games in.

Brew negativity? What the fuck are you on about? Are we only allowed positive comments after a loss at home?

Go have a beer son.

You did that one and it was a pretty weak effort the first time.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2019, 05:20:26 PM »
Poor effort. All that preparation chucked away by thick as shit mistakes in the first 10 minutes.

Decent possession etc after that but very little goal threat. Team looks unbalanced in a worryingly 2015/16 esque way.

Expect we’re getting beaten again on Friday so I just hope the team spirit is resilient enough to cope while we struggle to get going and figure out where the goals are coming from.

This post is completely wrong, I’m sorry.

We dominated them for the last 50 minutes. Lop-sided possession stats. Grealish and McGinn getting forward with ease. Wesley finally playing with some urgency. We could’ve scored 3 or 4 headers in the second half. Engels and Mings were comfortable all game. Not to mention Douglas’ FIRST PL match.

If Bournemouth hadn’t gotten the luckiest 15 minutes of their life I’d say that game could’ve ended 4-0.

I’m not happy about the loss, duh. What I am unhappy about is that it took us 40 minutes to get the car out of park.

That’s got more to do with the fact that they played almost the whole game with a 2 goal buffer. As if they gave a shit about our possession stats when we look so completely toothless up front. Possession stats don’t win you games otherwise we’d have a statue of Lambert somewhere.
I agree, Bournemouth realized that as long as they kept thier shape which they did and did not allow too much space then the points were for the taking.
I thought it was a pretty comfortable win for them.

What needs to be remember is regardless of how big their ground is and their history Bournemouth are a very streetwise premier league team now, this is their fifth straight year in the division.

I thought they killed the game pretty well after we got back to 2-1 especially last ten minutes when they were taking their time over corners and keeping possession and doing nothing stupid. With us you'd suspect it will be just hoofing the ball anywhere or being in mass panic.

From the distances seems the perception is teams like Southampton, Burnley and Brighton aren't up to much but my fear is when we actually play them they'll have more nous in their general play than we do at key times. Burnley ran Arsenal very close today so that will be another tough one when we play them in a few weeks.

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2019, 05:20:41 PM »
Also, they had the better chances on the break, really caught us cold a few times. Mings was positionally dodgy on occasion. King and Wilson had poor games by their standards I thought - if not for that 0-4 also wouldn’t have been an aberration based on the way the game flowed.

But you discount the Trezeguet miss on the doorstep.. the grealish miss barely wide right.. the easy Wesley header over the bar.. the McGinn 12 yarder he dragged right.

Go have a beer son. It’s week 2.

You just described the very fact that we are toothless up front. Do you know what the expression means?

I’m alright thanks mate. Do you want to call me a knicker wetter or some other such shit?

Stop being a drama queen.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2019, 05:21:18 PM »
Poor result that. That’s far too sloppy at the back at this level. We also look very light of goals up front. We have to be much better or we’re in trouble.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2019, 05:21:26 PM »
The real fear is that Wesley is not dynamic enough for this level, Look at the movement and pace of Wilson and King who were feeding off scraps.
El Ghazi did very little again so I am struggling to see where the goals are coming from.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2019, 05:22:06 PM »
It's early days I know but, i honestly can't see Wesley and Davis getting  into double figures, goals wise. Combined.

Maybe the solution is to play them together.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2019, 05:22:36 PM »
Also, they had the better chances on the break, really caught us cold a few times. Mings was positionally dodgy on occasion. King and Wilson had poor games by their standards I thought - if not for that 0-4 also wouldn’t have been an aberration based on the way the game flowed.

But you discount the Trezeguet miss on the doorstep.. the grealish miss barely wide right.. the easy Wesley header over the bar.. the McGinn 12 yarder he dragged right.

Go have a beer son. It’s week 2.

You just described the very fact that we are toothless up front. Do you know what the expression means?

I’m alright thanks mate. Do you want to call me a knicker wetter or some other such shit?

Stop being a drama queen.

I get half a point for that.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2019, 05:22:53 PM »
Problem is this result puts pressure on other games. We needed point(s) from this game. Yes it is early, but I don’t think we will beat Everton, so onto Palace, scary

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2019, 05:23:55 PM »
Problem is this result puts pressure on other games. We needed point(s) from this game. Yes it is early, but I don’t think we will beat Everton, so onto Palace, scary

Why can’t we beat Everton..? I think they had 2 shots on goal against Watford today..

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2019, 05:24:03 PM »
El Ghazi is a strange one. Between scoring at the Yawnthorns and about April he looked a cert to be going back to his parent club. Is he going to be the kind of player who has long spells of ineffectiveness? Or is he just unsuited to the Prem?

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2019, 05:25:02 PM »
I didn't think we were that bad.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2019, 05:25:28 PM »
The real fear is that Wesley is not dynamic enough for this level, Look at the movement and pace of Wilson and King who were feeding off scraps.
El Ghazi did very little again so I am struggling to see where the goals are coming from.

Is the expectation really that he would hit the ground running and resemble someone with a few seasons in this league under his belt?

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2019, 05:25:42 PM »
Up front, you have Wesley, Davis and Kodj. Wesley and Davis are basically the same player, so can Kodjia play alongside either? Because Smith isn't going to drop Wesley yet.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2019, 05:26:06 PM »
It's early days I know but, i honestly can't see Wesley and Davis getting  into double figures, goals wise. Combined.

Maybe the solution is to play them together.

Would rip up the Dean Smith blueprint of pretty much his whole managerial career. Guess 3-5-2 is feasible with the squad but didn't he rule that out in pre season at a fans forum?

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2019, 05:26:20 PM »
What needs to be remember is regardless of how big their ground is and their history Bournemouth are a very streetwise premier league team now, this is their fifth straight year in the division.
This is a point I was making at the beginning of the season.  A lot of people were saying 'we'll have too much for teams a, b, c, x, y and z' based on absolutely nothing - certainly not based on anything our players might have proved.  A lot of the so-called lesser teams in the PL are just as SoccerHQ describes Bournemouth.  They know the league, the opposition and each other a lot better than our managers and players do.  This was always going to be a very tough season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal