collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 1-2 Bournemouth Post Match Thread  (Read 34176 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Aston Villa 1-2 Bournemouth Post Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2019, 05:15:11 PM »
Other worrying signs include Grealish looking like he’s failing to impose himself in the PL as well as I’d hoped (losing streak monkey on back?) and el ghazi looking every bit a championship player.

jack needs some discipline, it's fine wondering all over the park in the Championship but for much of the game he was marking El Ghazi. He needs to own his piece of the pitch which is as an attacking central midfielder. He's still dropping far too deep at times.

As for El Ghazi, it's pretty much like playing with 10 men. Today he won a corner and other than that just played the ball back to Taylor. A bit like us at the moment.. pointless.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2019, 05:15:14 PM »
Also, they had the better chances on the break, really caught us cold a few times. Mings was positionally dodgy on occasion. King and Wilson had poor games by their standards I thought - if not for that 0-4 also wouldn’t have been an aberration based on the way the game flowed.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2019, 05:16:22 PM »
Poor effort. All that preparation chucked away by thick as shit mistakes in the first 10 minutes.

Decent possession etc after that but very little goal threat. Team looks unbalanced in a worryingly 2015/16 esque way.

Expect we’re getting beaten again on Friday so I just hope the team spirit is resilient enough to cope while we struggle to get going and figure out where the goals are coming from.

This post is completely wrong, I’m sorry.

We dominated them for the last 50 minutes. Lop-sided possession stats. Grealish and McGinn getting forward with ease. Wesley finally playing with some urgency. We could’ve scored 3 or 4 headers in the second half. Engels and Mings were comfortable all game. Not to mention Douglas’ FIRST PL match.

If Bournemouth hadn’t gotten the luckiest 15 minutes of their life I’d say that game could’ve ended 4-0.

I’m not happy about the loss, duh. What I am unhappy about is that it took us 40 minutes to get the car out of park.

That’s got more to do with the fact that they played almost the whole game with a 2 goal buffer. As if they gave a shit about our possession stats when we look so completely toothless up front. Possession stats don’t win you games otherwise we’d have a statue of Lambert somewhere.

If 22 shots is toothless sign me up. Without counting Wesley’s two headers over, Jacks shoulder and McGinns drag wide right.

We went at them non-stop and with ease in that second half.

BECAUSE they were 2-0 up.

They probably looked at our goalscoring efforts in the first half and decided they were safe. And they were.

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2019, 05:16:36 PM »
Also, they had the better chances on the break, really caught us cold a few times. Mings was positionally dodgy on occasion. King and Wilson had poor games by their standards I thought - if not for that 0-4 also wouldn’t have been an aberration based on the way the game flowed.

But you discount the Trezeguet miss on the doorstep.. the grealish miss barely wide right.. the easy Wesley header over the bar.. the McGinn 12 yarder he dragged right.

Go have a beer son. It’s week 2.

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2019, 05:16:53 PM »
Long way to go. I am very disappointed atm though.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2019, 05:16:59 PM »
All of a sudden, it feels like three years is a fuck of a long time.

Offline themossman

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2019, 05:17:05 PM »
22 shots and 1 goal. Spout stats at me all you want mate.

;D

I’d rather spout stats than brew negativity.. two games in.

Brew negativity? What the fuck are you on about? Are we only allowed positive comments after a loss at home?

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2019, 05:17:32 PM »
MOTM Engells

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2019, 05:17:46 PM »
22 shots and 1 goal. Spout stats at me all you want mate.

;D

I’d rather spout stats than brew negativity.. two games in.

Brew negativity? What the fuck are you on about? Are we only allowed positive comments after a loss at home?

Go have a beer son.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2019, 05:18:41 PM »
Thought we did more than enough to earn a point but we lack a real threat going forward. Wes needs to impose himself more but he needs more support in the box too. He’s isolated too much. And our crossing was really poor throughout.

El Ghazi and Grealish look off the pace strangely as I thought they’d hit the ground running. Douglas and Engels big plus points as look comfortable.

No need to panic as played well in both games, just need a break.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2019, 05:18:52 PM »
Poor effort. All that preparation chucked away by thick as shit mistakes in the first 10 minutes.

Decent possession etc after that but very little goal threat. Team looks unbalanced in a worryingly 2015/16 esque way.

Expect we’re getting beaten again on Friday so I just hope the team spirit is resilient enough to cope while we struggle to get going and figure out where the goals are coming from.

We dominated them for the last 50 minutes. Lop-sided possession stats. Grealish and McGinn getting forward with ease. Wesley finally playing with some urgency. We could’ve scored 3 or 4 headers in the second half. Engels and Mings were comfortable all game. Not to mention Douglas’ FIRST PL match.

If Bournemouth hadn’t gotten the luckiest 15 minutes of their life I’d say that game could’ve ended 4-0.

I’m not happy about the loss, duh. What I am unhappy about is that it took us 40 minutes to get the car out of park.

That’s got more to do with the fact that they played almost the whole game with a 2 goal buffer. As if they gave a shit about our possession stats when we look so completely toothless up front. Possession stats don’t win you games otherwise we’d have a statue of Lambert somewhere.
I agree, Bournemouth realized that as long as they kept thier shape which they did and did not allow too much space then the points were for the taking.
I thought it was a pretty comfortable win for them.

FWIW my Bournemouth mate said they were going to lose after the Luiz cracker.

He was wrong as well then?

😂

Online CT Villan

« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2019, 05:19:09 PM »
Unforced individual errors and a shockingly bad ref...even for Atkinson, that was very poor and he hasn't set himself a very high bar.

We played well second-half when we moved the ball a bit better but we are lacking a clinical striker - something many of us highlighted when the transfer window closed.

We had chances to get at least a draw, but need to start getting points on the board before our confidence is shot.

Offline themossman

« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2019, 05:19:16 PM »

But you discount the Trezeguet miss on the doorstep.. the grealish miss barely wide right.. the easy Wesley header over the bar.. the McGinn 12 yarder he dragged right.

Go have a beer son. It’s week 2.

You just described the very fact that we are toothless up front. Do you know what the expression means?

I’m alright thanks mate. Do you want to call me a knicker wetter or some other such shit?

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2019, 05:19:43 PM »

I agree, Bournemouth realized that as long as they kept thier shape which they did and did not allow too much space then the points were for the taking.
I thought it was a pretty comfortable win for them.

FWIW my Bournemouth mate said they were going to lose after the Luiz cracker.

He was wrong as well then?

😂

Just saying.. it wasn’t “comfortable”

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2019, 05:19:51 PM »
Much better when the full backs got further forward.  I’m not sure why Guilbert isn’t the 18 as he looked very good in pre season. Seems to have an extra yard of pace as well.  Taylor again was decent but I’d like to think Targett is an improvement given the money spent on him.

A word on Wesley. A much better player with the ball at his feet. Needs to come deeper to get the ball for me with the midfield and wingers running off him. 

Heaton has had a mare for the first but an easy pass inside of Elmo and they are away.  Luiz did well after that mistake as he could of hidden after that.

Hopefully that’s the last time we get Martin Atkinson. No shock their player got hooked at half time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal