collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 2019-20 Swingometer - SPECIAL FULHAM EDITION!  (Read 27091 times)

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
Re: 2019-20 Swingometer - SPECIAL FULHAM EDITION!
« Reply #165 on: July 27, 2020, 08:32:51 AM »
Last time we got promoted to the top flight, we finished one place above the relegation zone and then were Runners-Up the season afterwards in 1990.

So I'd begrudgingly accept that next season.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2020, 08:36:24 AM »
Wonder if any of the promoted clubs will do a Villa.

Offline Londonfranky

• GM : 27.12.2021
« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2020, 08:53:22 AM »
As a Fulham I’ve been reading this with interest, we spent a similar amount to you after our promotion, our problems were similar to you, paying big money for unknown quality players, plus players that were excellent in the championship failed to perform in the premiership, plus the premier league players we loaned were not good enough, the difference between us last season and you this season is that from after about Raneris four or fifth in charge game we were dead man walking, and with Huddersfield being crap as well they was only one relegation place available, we as this year the bottom six has been at similar level, so it’s been more competitive, hopefully next season if were promoted we do a comparison of fixtures, well done on staying up, Hope to be playing you next season

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2020, 11:35:08 AM »
Well, all done for the season. Another point gained on Fulham, who we now never have to mention again. Well, until at least next season, if they win the playoffs.

The Swing-o-Meter had us finishing 18th based on last year's tables. But, much like opinion polls, it can't be relied upon to provide an accurate final result... we finished seventeenth in the table that matters!

Thanks to CT Villan for all his graphical wizardry throughout the season, and see you all next year. Talking of which, I'm happy to have this sponsored next time around if anyone fancies bunging a few quid to Acorns, if the mods don't mind.. 😀

You mean it was flawed all along?! 😉

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2020, 12:22:46 PM »
No, the Swing-o-Meter is flawless. It's last season's matches that were wrong.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2020, 12:23:09 PM »
As a Fulham I’ve been reading this with interest, we spent a similar amount to you after our promotion, our problems were similar to you, paying big money for unknown quality players, plus players that were excellent in the championship failed to perform in the premiership, plus the premier league players we loaned were not good enough, the difference between us last season and you this season is that from after about Raneris four or fifth in charge game we were dead man walking, and with Huddersfield being crap as well they was only one relegation place available, we as this year the bottom six has been at similar level, so it’s been more competitive, hopefully next season if were promoted we do a comparison of fixtures, well done on staying up, Hope to be playing you next season

Cheers mate, good luck in the playoffs.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2020, 12:24:35 PM »
No, the Swing-o-Meter is flawless. It's last season's matches that were wrong.

Ah, the old financial modeling excuse. It's not the model that's at fault, it's just that reality changed!

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2020, 12:32:03 PM »

Was in the Cedar Tree in Putney last week whilst the Wigan game was on. Shame you couldn't pip Olbiyun to automatic promotion.

Online Dick Edwards

« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2020, 01:47:14 PM »
[/quote

Your team that went up though was by and large your own. Ours wasn't. We had no choice but to build a new squad very quickly last summer as we lost about ten players after the playoff final. From what I remember you went up with a very good side and just bought expensive additions unnecessarily and it upset your team spirit.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2020, 04:10:28 PM »
Wonder if any of the promoted clubs will do a Villa.

Survive you mean? Hopefully the 2 already confirmed won't, can't see the Throstles staying up, they have to be nailed on favourites for the drop.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2020, 04:13:27 PM »
Hard to tell with Leeds. Baggies will spend fuck all and they weren't any good in the first place, only going up because of Brentford's Devon Loch impression. Playoff winners tend to go down, so that's only one space to fill.

Offline Londonfranky

« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2020, 04:21:13 PM »
I accept that the playoff team was mainly ours, but we lost both full backs who turned out to be decent premiership defenders, the two centre halves both struggled big time whenever  they played in the premiership, out of the midfielders and forwards the only one who performed well in the premiership was Mitrovic, Sessegnon and Carney were pretty disappointing for the whole season, at the time I thought we’d have a good season, it’s the hope that kills,!!!

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2020, 04:57:45 PM »
Hey Franky, what are your thoughts on tonight?  Cardiff are dark horses for me.

Offline Londonfranky

« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2020, 05:37:27 PM »
Not sure it’s been a funny old season and I don’t just mean the lockdown, for me it’s not been like any promotion/run to the playoffs I’ve ever experienced,  over the course of the season there’s probably only two or three really good games, lots of crappy 1-0 wins that you forget as soon as the game finishes, the plus thing for me this season has been that if we score first we normally win or least not lose, been quite disappointed with our forwards this season we’ve been pretty toothless, if we didn’t have Mitrovic I think we would have struggled, as too tonight Cardiff are coming into the on the back of bit to form, but our form not to bad either, lost the first two game after lockdown but then won 5 out 7

Online exigo

« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2020, 06:12:09 PM »
Hard to tell with Leeds. Baggies will spend fuck all and they weren't any good in the first place, only going up because of Brentford's Devon Loch impression. Playoff winners tend to go down, so that's only one space to fill.

🤔

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal