collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stay or go?  (Read 3998 times)

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Stay or go?
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2020, 02:26:32 PM »
We have some advocating 30 stay which leaves little room for new recruits if it’s a 25 man squad.
AEG Samatta Elmo Lansbury Taylor Hourihane Nyland should go to make room for new recruits, 4 of which need to be first team starters.

Its surely worth keeping Hourihane. I've a bit of a blind spot for AEG as think there is a fine player in there somewhere. Samatta was dreadful post restart so might be worth another look post a decent pre season. Though if we got a new starting forward in he might leave on loan or else Davis will have to.

Nyland, Taylor, Engels, Lansbury, Jota can all and will go I'd say, either permanently or on loan. I wouldn't be concerned if Elmo, Nakamba and Trez left either. Leaving a RCB/RB, LB, Winger, 1 or 2 CM and a forward to come in....and that's if Jack stays.

We got 35 points from 38 games, I do think we need a lot of improvement squad wise to avoid a repeat next season. Some of the above struggled to make an impact for us in the championship so should be nowhere near a premier league bench.

Offline garyellis

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2020, 02:38:01 PM »
This is an opportunity to push on now we have avoided relegation by the narrowest of margins. I don't accept the Covid issue has any bearing on our ability to grasp this chance given it seems FFP will be relaxed/ditched. That is the same for every other club in the Premier League including the newly promoted clubs. What makes it an unlevel playing field is how much our very wealthy owners can invest at this point compared with what may usually take two or three transfer windows.
T
This is the chance now is the time

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2020, 03:06:52 PM »
FFP hasn't been cancelled, clubs will just be looked at over a two year period.  The restrictions will still be very real and unfortunately we can't shop like a kid in a sweet shop with a tenner.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal