collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stadium Signage  (Read 19917 times)

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
Re: Stadium Signage
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2019, 08:43:19 PM »
Edit
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 08:45:25 PM by Pete3206 »

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2019, 08:44:11 PM »

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2019, 08:44:30 PM »
I like the new signage,i wonder how long it will take some morons from Small Heath to turn up late at night and deface them ,its bound to happen

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2019, 08:59:39 PM »
I like the new signage,i wonder how long it will take some morons from Small Heath to turn up late at night and deface them ,its bound to happen

I don't see why they would, it's not like they couldn't do something to the ground now if they really wanted to.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2019, 12:50:15 AM »
A bedtime story related to recent posts.

Two of my b-loser mates painted a blue nose on the rusty iron head by the Sty on the Friday before the infamous Enkelman derby game. They had a couple of Rangers friends coming down for both the weekend and the game, and when they picked them up in town on the Saturday morning, they drove towards the ground to show them their handiwork. To their horror, someone had gone up there since and painted ‘AVFC’ on it. Under cover of darkness later on, they got rid of the offending graffiti and restored the head to its former glory.

In the early hours of Monday morning, they were in an all-night drinking den in Alum Rock when they received a phone call informing them that someone had daubed ‘AVFC’ all over it yet again. They asked the landlord of said establishment if he had any paint, and he told them he only had some black and some white. They reasoned that anything was better than ‘AVFC’ and borrowed the paint. On the way,one pal turned to the other and said “you do the painting, I’ll do the cutting in”.

They were wearing designer clothes so stripped down to their pants before getting on with the job. It was now early morning and Brummies on the way to work in their cars and on buses were treated to my two almost-naked mates painting the head in the middle of rush hour. Soon enough, and before they had finished painting, the police turned up and threatened them with arrest unless they ceased, desisted and pissed off. They complied and wandered off towards their car, parked round the corner.

The driver was many times over the limit and didn’t want to cause a fuss. But having seen the police car drive off, one pal turned to the other and said “fuck it, it’s only criminal damage”, and back they went to finish the job. A few minutes later a van full of Old Bill turned up and my mates thought this was it, they were definitely going to be arrested this time. But the coppers were laughing and when my mate asked “ain’t you gonna nick us?”, the OB replied: “No, when we heard over the radio that there were two little fat middle-aged bald blokes painting the head in their under-crackers we had to come down for a look.’

True story.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 01:12:08 AM by Percy McCarthy »

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2019, 07:06:14 AM »
I don’t understand new signage and cladding on ticket office? I thought that the demolition process in the application had to be completed by end of August ?

Offline The Edge

« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2019, 08:28:30 AM »
I don’t understand new signage and cladding on ticket office? I thought that the demolition process in the application had to be completed by end of August ?
Yes i thought that. But im only going on what i'd read in the Evening Mail so probably a load of bollocks.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2019, 08:46:28 AM »
A bedtime story related to recent posts.

Two of my b-loser mates painted a blue nose on the rusty iron head by the Sty on the Friday before the infamous Enkelman derby game. They had a couple of Rangers friends coming down for both the weekend and the game, and when they picked them up in town on the Saturday morning, they drove towards the ground to show them their handiwork. To their horror, someone had gone up there since and painted ‘AVFC’ on it. Under cover of darkness later on, they got rid of the offending graffiti and restored the head to its former glory.

In the early hours of Monday morning, they were in an all-night drinking den in Alum Rock when they received a phone call informing them that someone had daubed ‘AVFC’ all over it yet again. They asked the landlord of said establishment if he had any paint, and he told them he only had some black and some white. They reasoned that anything was better than ‘AVFC’ and borrowed the paint. On the way,one pal turned to the other and said “you do the painting, I’ll do the cutting in”.

They were wearing designer clothes so stripped down to their pants before getting on with the job. It was now early morning and Brummies on the way to work in their cars and on buses were treated to my two almost-naked mates painting the head in the middle of rush hour. Soon enough, and before they had finished painting, the police turned up and threatened them with arrest unless they ceased, desisted and pissed off. They complied and wandered off towards their car, parked round the corner.

The driver was many times over the limit and didn’t want to cause a fuss. But having seen the police car drive off, one pal turned to the other and said “fuck it, it’s only criminal damage”, and back they went to finish the job. A few minutes later a van full of Old Bill turned up and my mates thought this was it, they were definitely going to be arrested this time. But the coppers were laughing and when my mate asked “ain’t you gonna nick us?”, the OB replied: “No, when we heard over the radio that there were two little fat middle-aged bald blokes painting the head in their under-crackers we had to come down for a look.’

True story.
Thats funny. I'm guessing they had been drinking in the 3 A's? Another genuinelly true story here : On the night Blues were relegated from the Prem (around 10 years ago) my mate was drinking with some lads in his local after the Villa game. For a bet they spray painted a bed sheet with "ha ha ha Small Heath back where they belong" then drove up to the Royal George next to the sty. All the noses were in there drowning their sorrows. They quickly tied the banner next to a big blues flag hanging on the railings outside the pub and took pictures. One bloke came out of the pub and shouted "keep right on lads" to them. He couldn't see what was written on the bamner from where he was standing. My mate replied "up the blues" They got back in the car and drove off leaving the banner on the fence. Sometime after while talking to my nephew who drinks in there after the match i told him. No names mentioned for obvious reason. He said "yeah i remember that. Everyone was fuckin screwing. They took it down and burnt it"

Offline The Edge

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2019, 08:55:23 AM »

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2019, 09:14:00 AM »
I found it amusing.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2019, 09:40:43 AM »
Let’s hope we get off to a good start so Deano doesn’t get the tin tack or we will be repainting the north stand pretty sharpish!

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2019, 09:58:41 AM »
Let’s hope we get off to a good start so Deano doesn’t get the tin tack or we will be repainting the north stand pretty sharpish!

no we dont want Big Sam up there

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2019, 10:05:13 AM »
I found it amusing.

I thought it was funny.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2019, 10:35:30 AM »