collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:34 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 10:44:59 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by eamonn
[Today at 10:38:10 PM]

Re: FFP by AV82EC
[Today at 10:36:39 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:32:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:27:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Marvelous Nakamba - gone  (Read 161320 times)

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
Re: Marvelous Nakamba - confirmed
« Reply #765 on: November 28, 2021, 07:42:13 AM »
Luiz always looks like a red card to waiting to happen. Nakamba stays disciplined.

Marvelous had a good game today but got booked trying to recover after his own mistake.

Yes, scythed down Zaha, deserved the yellow he got.

He absolutely did and we was very lucky the competition winner ref didn’t play an advantage.

That has been the only real mistake Marv has made in 2 games though. Excellent again in a very important position.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #766 on: November 28, 2021, 08:50:01 AM »
Luiz always looks like a red card to waiting to happen. Nakamba stays disciplined.

Marvelous had a good game today but got booked trying to recover after his own mistake.

Worth getting a yellow card to scythe down that twat.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #767 on: November 28, 2021, 08:57:08 AM »
Aye, you'd take the yellow all day for that.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #768 on: November 28, 2021, 09:46:47 AM »
Nakamba was great yesterday. Continually stopped Palace getting forward, broke up play and some astute passing to get us going.

He will make mistakes and he will have games where he will be less effective but this is true of everyone.

I'd like him to have a run of games when he knows he is going to play. I'm sure we'd see him grow as a player if he knew he was trusted by the manager.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #769 on: November 28, 2021, 10:24:49 AM »

I'd like him to have a run of games when he knows he is going to play. I'm sure we'd see him grow as a player if he knew he was trusted by the manager.

Well until he gets dropped that seems to be the case at the moment.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #770 on: November 28, 2021, 10:58:26 AM »
I don’t mean this sound like a dig but it’s going to. The fact the Marv has become so important just shows poor our midfield play overall has been. We are never going to be a dominant midfield if Marv is one of our best players.

Broadly agree with this. It’s noticeable that he has had two decent games where we have had less than 40% possession. We are currently set up in a way that accentuates his positive attributes and does a good job of hiding his weaknesses. Imagine he will be very useful at times (next three games in particular) but may struggle if we look to become more expansive or control games with possession rather then without.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #771 on: November 28, 2021, 11:52:19 AM »
I don’t mean this sound like a dig but it’s going to. The fact the Marv has become so important just shows poor our midfield play overall has been. We are never going to be a dominant midfield if Marv is one of our best players.
Broadly agree with this. It’s noticeable that he has had two decent games where we have had less than 40% possession. We are currently set up in a way that accentuates his positive attributes and does a good job of hiding his weaknesses. Imagine he will be very useful at times (next three games in particular) but may struggle if we look to become more expansive or control games with possession rather then without.
Presumably these are games where Luiz (or Chuky or Sanson) will get the nod over Marv.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #772 on: November 28, 2021, 12:03:30 PM »
Thought he did well again compared to some of the others and Mr Gerrard obviously rates him whatever his limitations. May even not be him who is replaced this January if he buys a central midfielder.

Offline Risso

« Reply #773 on: November 28, 2021, 01:21:22 PM »
87% pass completion rate yesterday, following last week when it was high 90s. He's turning into a quietly effective player.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #774 on: November 29, 2021, 10:23:44 AM »

It led to the worst free kick I've ever seen though, which was funny.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #775 on: November 29, 2021, 11:18:24 AM »
Wednesday will be a better showcase of whether he can step up than the last 2 games, if he comes out of that one without people calling him out as not good enough then it might save us some money in January.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #776 on: November 29, 2021, 11:33:18 AM »
Wednesday will be a better showcase of whether he can step up than the last 2 games, if he comes out of that one without people calling him out as not good enough then it might save us some money in January.
Yep, if he's not brilliant against one of the best teams in the world then we should definitely shelve him.

Offline Risso

« Reply #777 on: November 29, 2021, 11:35:18 AM »

Not sure about that Lee, did you see Bailey’s in the first half? Dear oh fucking dear.

Offline Risso

« Reply #778 on: November 29, 2021, 11:38:18 AM »
Does anybody remember who he did that thunderbastard tackle on in the League Cup final? Second half as I recall. If Greasy is playing, I hope Marvelous has got one of those saved up for him.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #779 on: November 29, 2021, 11:53:09 AM »

Not sure about that Lee, did you see Bailey’s in the first half? Dear oh fucking dear.

There's spooning them over the bar or miles wide, but then there's chipping it onto the chest of an opponent ten yards away then having to chase back and hack down your opponent, being lucky not to get sent off.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal