collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - SOLD  (Read 149974 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - Signed
« Reply #345 on: March 02, 2020, 11:29:28 AM »
You'd think that after writing Adama Traore off as shit after less than a season Villa fans might have developed a bit of patience but it appears not.

As a squad we've not been good enough but a big part of that has been how naive we are because of the lack of any meaningful premier league experience other than Heaton in the starting 11. Elmo and Taylor have experience but aren't as good as Guilbert and Targett so we lose as much as we gain by playing them. Drinkwater has loads of experience but isn't fit enough to be an upgrade and trying to get him fit hasn't helped with results.

So long as we stay up (and I really do think we will) all of the players who joined in the summer will have a better idea of what playing in this league means and we'll have a summer to work on improving them as well as adding quality to the squad. If players still don't look up to it by November-ish than I think we can say they're not suited to the league and look at moving them on but as it stands the only player from the summer I'd be ok to see leave is Jota and that's purely because if a 28/29 year old isn't making matchday squads then I don't see the point in keeping them, The same applies to Taylor and Lansbury (I know they do sometimes make the squad but they're not regulars).

For every Traore there's half a dozen players like Tonev and Luna.  Traore always had pace and strength, it was just a question of whether that could be put to good use as an actual football player.  I struggle to see any attributes in Trez's game that make me think he'll be any better next year.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #346 on: March 02, 2020, 11:52:16 AM »
People really criticising DS for bringing him on btw?! Are we forgetting how we actually got to the final?

If the plan was just to try and hit endless crosses into the box for someone to get onto then to me it made perfect sense given he's scored from crosses v Liverpool, Chelsea and of course Leicester so at least has the ability to read the flight of the cross pretty well.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #347 on: March 02, 2020, 12:02:14 PM »
Trez is an enigma really, he’s a technically gifted footballer who is tidy enough but has hardly any end product.

He’s one of those that really needs to step up in the next couple of months. When Dean Smith spoke about ‘training ground players’ he was the first I thought of.

Technically gifted? He can't kick the ball with his left foot...

Apart from in the last minute against Leicester, right?

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #348 on: March 02, 2020, 12:07:39 PM »
You'd think that after writing Adama Traore off as shit after less than a season Villa fans might have developed a bit of patience but it appears not.

As a squad we've not been good enough but a big part of that has been how naive we are because of the lack of any meaningful premier league experience other than Heaton in the starting 11. Elmo and Taylor have experience but aren't as good as Guilbert and Targett so we lose as much as we gain by playing them. Drinkwater has loads of experience but isn't fit enough to be an upgrade and trying to get him fit hasn't helped with results.

So long as we stay up (and I really do think we will) all of the players who joined in the summer will have a better idea of what playing in this league means and we'll have a summer to work on improving them as well as adding quality to the squad. If players still don't look up to it by November-ish than I think we can say they're not suited to the league and look at moving them on but as it stands the only player from the summer I'd be ok to see leave is Jota and that's purely because if a 28/29 year old isn't making matchday squads then I don't see the point in keeping them, The same applies to Taylor and Lansbury (I know they do sometimes make the squad but they're not regulars).

How has trez shown any remote potential than traore had? You could see traore had a hell of a lot of potential when he came but was poorly utilised by sherwood. Also he came raw from barcelona. If im not mistaken he was 19 as well. Trez is older. This teams a lot better than the one traore came in from.

I think there is absolutely no comparison between those two tbh.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #349 on: March 02, 2020, 12:30:21 PM »
He's wank, and so is El Ghazi, but they both try hard and have scored a few goals including a very important goal each for us. If we're in the PL next season i hope neither play many games for us but if we're in the championship they'll do fine.

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #350 on: March 02, 2020, 12:37:43 PM »
I think El Ghazi is by far the better player of the two but he does have games where he contributes very little. Trez always tries very hard but his lack of pace is a big issue, when we played Southampton he tried to knock the ball past players several times and they outran him with ease.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #351 on: March 02, 2020, 12:42:44 PM »
I think El Ghazi has looked the slightly more useful of the 2 but i think that's because he's had longer in the team and more chance to adjust to English football. I think ability wise they're pretty much the same.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #352 on: March 02, 2020, 01:21:14 PM »
at least we must have sold a few shirts in Egypt .  I do think some of the Egypt folk had been on the  hubble-bubble   too much when they said he was better than Salah

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #353 on: March 02, 2020, 01:29:22 PM »
What we need to be doing with wingers is the same as in a couple of other positions. We don't need to sell players, we need to bring in a player that drops El Ghazi to the bench and Trezeguet / Elmo to being reserves. They are both fine as back-ups but we need a better starter. Quality over quantity this summer, when we stay up.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #354 on: March 02, 2020, 01:38:43 PM »

How has trez shown any remote potential than traore had? You could see traore had a hell of a lot of potential when he came but was poorly utilised by sherwood. Also he came raw from barcelona. If im not mistaken he was 19 as well. Trez is older. This teams a lot better than the one traore came in from.

I think there is absolutely no comparison between those two tbh.

The comparison isn't about potential or overall ability, Traore was raw and we expected too much so when he didn't deliver what we hoped he got written off as shit. With Trez it's similar, I think people saw comments from egyptian fans and heard about his following and expected him to be great. From that he clearly hasn't been as good as we hoped but he's still scored some important goals and got some key assists, for me the biggest problem is that he's just trying too hard.

I think he has the technical ability, work rate and enough pace (I think he's pretty quick but he's half a yard too slow in his head at the minute so he's not using his pace very well) to be effective but he's taken a big step up in standard to join us and I think he's still working out what does and doesn't work at this level.

If he carries on as he has then he'll finish the season with 5-7 goals and a similar amount of assists, having been involved in a goal roughly once every 2 games (in terms of time on the pitch), I personally think that's a decent return for a guy who cost us peanuts (by premier league standards). Same as AEG I've seen enough to think we'd get twice what we paid already and he's young enough that he'll get better so I'm happy to give him more time.

Offline Risso

« Reply #355 on: March 02, 2020, 01:47:40 PM »
He's got 1 assist all season, so I'd be amazed if he somehow stretches that to 5-7.

And he's got 3 goals and 1 assist in 1,325 minutes on the pitch, which is nothing like 1 in 2.

Other than that, your defence of him is spot on!

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #356 on: March 02, 2020, 01:54:37 PM »
He's got 1 assist all season, so I'd be amazed if he somehow stretches that to 5-7.

And he's got 3 goals and 1 assist in 1,325 minutes on the pitch, which is nothing like 1 in 2.

Other than that, your defence of him is spot on!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trezeguet/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/234189/plus/0?saison=2019&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

I guess stats aren't your strong point, I would assume you're ignoring the cups but you'd still be wrong. So 1 goal/assist every 2 2/3 games so maybe I should put 2-3 games.

Offline Risso

« Reply #357 on: March 02, 2020, 02:00:51 PM »
Whoscored.com has him on 3 goals and 1 assist in the League.  That is of much more relevance than his assist against a bunch of 17 year olds in a competition we didn't win.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #358 on: March 02, 2020, 02:08:14 PM »
I don't need any form of stats to tell me that the bloke just isn't very good. He has no real pedigree and looks a very average championship type player with no composure at all.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #359 on: March 02, 2020, 02:23:38 PM »
I don’t think he is as bad as being made out.
He try’s to harass players and to effect the game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal