collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - SOLD  (Read 148392 times)

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
Re: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - Signed
« Reply #330 on: March 02, 2020, 09:52:19 AM »
He really isn't very good at all.

Seconded.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #331 on: March 02, 2020, 09:55:55 AM »
Can't help but feel this guy is a bit of a scapegoat.

His goal against Leicester was well taken and I seem to remember a tidy finish at Old Trafford that was ruled out by the officials.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #332 on: March 02, 2020, 10:03:42 AM »
A tidy finish? It was an open goal scramble from 3 yards out.

He's not being made a scapegoat at all, I just think he's a bit shit.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #333 on: March 02, 2020, 10:13:23 AM »

I like him, I think there's a decent player in there. It may be first season syndrome where some players take a season to settle in but i'd persevere with him personally.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 10:17:15 AM by Clampy »

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #334 on: March 02, 2020, 10:25:48 AM »
He isn't going to grow a brain pre season though is he?

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #335 on: March 02, 2020, 10:26:36 AM »

I like him, I think there's a decent player in there. It may be first season syndrome where some players take a season to settle in but i'd persevere with him personally.

So would I.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #336 on: March 02, 2020, 10:28:49 AM »
Trez is an enigma really, he’s a technically gifted footballer who is tidy enough but has hardly any end product.

He’s one of those that really needs to step up in the next couple of months. When Dean Smith spoke about ‘training ground players’ he was the first I thought of.

Technically gifted? He can't kick the ball with his left foot...

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #337 on: March 02, 2020, 10:41:33 AM »
Trez is an enigma really, he’s a technically gifted footballer who is tidy enough but has hardly any end product.

He’s one of those that really needs to step up in the next couple of months. When Dean Smith spoke about ‘training ground players’ he was the first I thought of.

Think i must be wtaching a different player as eveeything your decsribe ive seen nothing to suggest trez has that.

Has no football brain and is so easy to defend against. Cant do the simple things right. Also seems too weak

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #338 on: March 02, 2020, 10:53:02 AM »
He isn't a terrible player and plays with energy and commitment but he seems to lack in game intelligence, he makes a lot of bad choices with and without the ball.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #339 on: March 02, 2020, 10:56:09 AM »
He isn't a terrible player and plays with energy and commitment but he seems to lack in game intelligence, he makes a lot of bad choices with and without the ball.

That reads like a pretty good description of a terrible player, to be honest. 

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #340 on: March 02, 2020, 11:01:35 AM »
'There's a player in there' is H&V speak for 'he's shit, but I hope that he'll come good despite there being scant evidence that he might do that.'

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #341 on: March 02, 2020, 11:03:54 AM »
'There's a player in there' is H&V speak for 'he's shit, but I hope that he'll come good despite there being scant evidence that he might do that.'

It's also evidence that's its another person's opinion, like Grealish is a shit Lee Hendrie. Can't remember who said that though.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #342 on: March 02, 2020, 11:06:12 AM »

That reads like a pretty good description of a terrible player, to be honest. 

Yes you're probably right but he has scored some important goals and we may need him to score some more I'm going down the 'brainless optimism' route in my view of him.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #343 on: March 02, 2020, 11:20:07 AM »
You'd think that after writing Adama Traore off as shit after less than a season Villa fans might have developed a bit of patience but it appears not.

As a squad we've not been good enough but a big part of that has been how naive we are because of the lack of any meaningful premier league experience other than Heaton in the starting 11. Elmo and Taylor have experience but aren't as good as Guilbert and Targett so we lose as much as we gain by playing them. Drinkwater has loads of experience but isn't fit enough to be an upgrade and trying to get him fit hasn't helped with results.

So long as we stay up (and I really do think we will) all of the players who joined in the summer will have a better idea of what playing in this league means and we'll have a summer to work on improving them as well as adding quality to the squad. If players still don't look up to it by November-ish than I think we can say they're not suited to the league and look at moving them on but as it stands the only player from the summer I'd be ok to see leave is Jota and that's purely because if a 28/29 year old isn't making matchday squads then I don't see the point in keeping them, The same applies to Taylor and Lansbury (I know they do sometimes make the squad but they're not regulars).

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #344 on: March 02, 2020, 11:23:35 AM »
Think he'll be fine for us in the championship.

Obviously a long way from finished product in premier league and might never get there. Worth remembering he was an o.k player from a mid table Turkish side.

Would be more excited if we signed good players from champions league sides which Wolves have no problem signing over last 2-3 seasons but there you go.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal